Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by Maccanman View Post
    The Braun trade was completely pointless. You traded a 2nd and 3rd round pick to keep Myers and Morin out of the lineup, sensible.
    But since we got rid of AMac, we need a "veteran presence" to keep the defense working. Obviously.

I thought it was a massive overpay when we made the deal. His play has only reinforced that belief. ...and I would've loved to add someone like Gusev instead of Braun.

If you're rolling a 3rd line of Gusev - Patrick - Farabee -- that's pretty damn good. And it's even better when you realize that you now have Myers on the back-end instead of Braun...

Justin Braun

39.14 CA/60 (4th in NHL for Dmen)

1.51 ExGA (28th in NHL for dmen)

Can we relax a little bit right now on the Braun hate? Hes going to give you reasons to hate him throughout the season (most likely). But his play through 5 games has NOT been the problem.
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Iíd rather Farabee and Myers be up here to improve overall team speed than watch us get out paced by everyone. Both Myers and Farabee here would improve overall speed. I donít see much of a reason for Braun in our lineup after these first 5 games, Myers can make just as many bad turnovers while offering much more offensively with a tremendous breakout pass.

New team, new FO, new coaches. Selling the same stuff.
    Need to relax. Anyone with a brain would know that pace would be a problem for the Flyers in the back-end of a b2b at the end of a long road trip. I wouldn't expect them to be sharp Saturday either with yet another time change. Once they can settle in and get into a routine we are going to find out a lot more about this team.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Justin Braun

Can we relax a little bit right now on the Braun hate? Hes going to give you reasons to hate him throughout the season (most likely). But his play through 5 games has NOT been the problem.
    His play the past couple.nights was definitely a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Justin Braun

i expect him and hayes to get a ton of hate this year nomatter their play because people didnt want them to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i expect him and hayes to get a ton of hate this year nomatter their play because people didnt want them to begin with.
    And they may well earn it. I didn't like either move. I'm not ready to complain about either's play, however, after five games. Rate stats are still highly volatile in this small sample size, and the team's dealt with some weird travel. The team in general deserves more than 5 games to be determined on what they are. There's been some positives, some negatives.

Truthfully, I think both guys are who they are. I think Kevin Hayes is a fine, but unexceptional 2C who's contract is 2-3 years too many, and Justin Braun is a steady, but uninspiring middle-pairing d-man who's on an expiring contract and wasn't worth a 2nd. I do hope both prove to be otherwise but don't generally expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    And they may well earn it. I didn't like either move. I'm not ready to complain about either's play, however, after five games. Rate stats are still highly volatile in this small sample size, and the team's dealt with some weird travel. The team in general deserves more than 5 games to be determined on what they are. There's been some positives, some negatives.

Truthfully, I think both guys are who they are. I think Kevin Hayes is a fine, but unexceptional 2C who's contract is 2-3 years too many, and Justin Braun is a steady, but uninspiring middle-pairing d-man who's on an expiring contract and wasn't worth a 2nd. I do hope both prove to be otherwise but don't generally expect it.
    I think this sums it up pretty well.

Hayes is goo at hockey. His contract isnt a good one.

Braun is a useful, right handed defense first dman, who actually makes a decent first pass. However. The cost to acquire him was like overkill.
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789