Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Luka and KP vs Joel and Ben

Stole this from another site but i think its a interesting question

Who would you rather have for the next 10 years assuming health
    Last edited by ewing; 10-03-2019 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Iíd rather have Embid and Doncic if thatís an option lol

the team with 2 all nba level defenders on the wing and in the paint. Embiids health is a tad overblown at this point. Hes been at 64 games the last 2 years but take away fultz bashing his skull into to Embiids face and he hardly misses time in 2017. He should be able to play 65-70+ this season and when he does the East is a wrap.

Hard for me to say Luka and KP until we actually see them together, but they definitely do seem like a better fit and probably a little easier to build around. But I'll still say Simmons and embiid, with the caveat that it could change pretty early in the year.

This is actually really tough. I think the Mavs have the better pair but it all depends on if the Sixers players unlock their potential. Even if one of them does then their pairing will be better.

Right now, Doncic is going to have the best career of the bunch I think. He won't have the best prime but he's going to be around for a very long time. His game will keep him in the league for 17-20 years if he avoids serious injuries. KP is a huge question mark. He's relentless and the talent is definitely there but he needs to stay healthy. When he does, he still needs to prove he can play at a high level for a full season. We've still yet to see how either player fares in the playoffs which is huge too. I'm confident Doncic will thrive but KP not so much.

Embiid needs an attitude adjustment. He's a freak and has all the tools to dominate aside from what's sitting between his shoulders. If he gets his head right, stops flopping, takes the game and his health seriously and stops shooting 3's then he'll be a monster. He's a game changer in the paint on D too. Simmons needs a jump shot. It doesn't even have to be a good one. Just good enough to keep defenders from sagging off him. If Simmons develops even a reasonable jump shot then he'll have the best prime of the bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Iím taking Joel and Ben but only bc Joel has shown me enough to believe god could lead a team all the way. Usually there are only a couple guys that can do that in the league. If a was starting a team and guaranteed health Iíd go Joel, KP, Luka, Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'll take the offense from the euros and the defense from the black guys not from america

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    i'll take the offense from the euros and the defense from the black guys not from america

its probably ben/joel because of their defense... its def an interesting debate that will mostly come down to kp/joels health and the progression of ben simmons shot compared to the progression of doncics defense.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    A healthy KP might be the best rim protector in the league, if health is a given you also have to assume he gets stronger. So then you have 2 A+ bigs on D. If thatís the case I donít think Bens defense make up for his shot. I give it to Ben and Joel but bc I think Joel has the talent to completely control games at the highest level. We havenít seen it yet but heís pretty close considering his experience....

Luka and KP vs Joel and Ben

Sorry quoted the wrong post MTM

Last edited by ewing; 10-03-2019 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    A healthy KP might be the best rim protector in the league, if health is a given you also have to assume he gets stronger. So then you have 2 A+ bigs on D. If thatís the case I donít think Bens defense make up for his shot. I give it to Ben and Joel but bc I think Joel has the talent to completely control games at the highest level. We havenít seen it yet but heís pretty close considering his experience....

Healthy or not, the only player who's a better rim protector than Embiid is Gobert. KP may end up getting more blocks but Embiid just makes teams evacuate the paint much like Gobert.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Healthy or not, the only player who's a better rim protector than Embiid is Gobert. KP may end up getting more blocks but Embiid just makes teams evacuate the paint much like Gobert.
    yea... the only dude i am taking over embiid at rim protection is gobert who in my opinion is underrated as ****.... buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut ewing def has a case.... tbh... KP was actually a great rim protector and a damn good defensive player tbh.... Not sure when someone will pass gobert or embiid but even anyone can do it its def KP... this is gonna be a sick ****ing year because i think KP might put in everything and hopefully Doncic hits that next level as well... Could be special... will be fun... I ****ing love basketball man holyshit

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Sorry quoted the wrong post MTM

no worries this is legit a dope debate. I love me some ben and joel.... but man its nuts... Makes me wonder what Doncic and embiid could do together but at the same time ben is a ****ing amazing defender with joel... my mind is legit blown... Don is legit a high upside player but i worry about his defense... I never worried about bens defense... Would doncic offense mean more with joel over bens defense? Who knows.... Man these 4 guys... the sky is the ****ing limit... I wish KP woulda stayed with the kincks though..

y'all don't sleep on luka's upside.

people thought guys like curry, jokic were closer to their ceilings when they were drafted. and they thought people like wiggins had crazy upside. guys with raw athletic ability vs. guys who came in more polished and skilled (to some extent).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast