Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    It cracks me up that people keep thinking that Stripling is actually going to be part of any future rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    Trade Stripling for a bag of BP balls.. baseline chalk.... donít care... just get him tf out of here
    Quote Originally Posted by USCFOOTBALL View Post
    Trade Stripling and Kike and non tender Barnes
    Why do you guys all hate Stripling so much, he's pretty good, and the fact that he can be both a starter and reliever based on team need is pretty valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Why do you guys all hate Stripling so much, he's pretty good, and the fact that he can be both a starter and reliever based on team need is pretty valuable.
    It's not that I hate him, it's just that he's not that good, regardless of what his numbers say. He bounces in and out of the rotation because he's not that good and he seems to get rocked when he stays in the rotation too long. Ross is like a B and C talent and will never be anything more.

I still don't know how Ross Stripling ended up on the All-Star team in 2018.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

It's not that I hate him, it's just that he's not that good, regardless of what his numbers say. He bounces in and out of the rotation because he's not that good and he seems to get rocked when he stays in the rotation too long. Ross is like a B and C talent and will never be anything more.
    That and he'll make $2M+, getting rid of him, Kike and Barnes could save us a enough for a decent reliever
    Last edited by USCFOOTBALL; 10-15-2019 at 11:41 PM.

A B talent is fine, what do you expect from a 5th round pick, not everyone is going to be Walker Buheler, he's a solid mid rotation pitcher on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    I still don't know how Ross Stripling ended up on the All-Star team in 2018.
    Probably his 2.08 ERA in the first half that year...
    Quote Originally Posted by USCFOOTBALL View Post
    That and he'll make $2M+, getting rid of him, Kike and Barnes could save us a enough for a decent reliever
    2 million is nothing...he IS a decent reliever.
    he has a career 3.12 ERA as a reliever and a career 3.79 ERA as a starter. Your not going to find ANYONE better than that for less than his projected 2 million. That's a ****ing bargain.

Are you guys just trolling? Because you're acting like anyone with an ERA over 2 is somehow a bum who we need to ditch and it's so easy to get someone better like triple digit throwing aces just grow on ****ing trees.

Are you guys just trolling? Because you're acting like anyone with an ERA over 2 is somehow a bum who we need to ditch and it's so easy to get someone better like triple digit throwing aces just grow on ****ing trees.
    Who really gives a crap about what Kershaw does during the regular season when he chokes every October when the team needs him the most? Maybe Kershaw was a little overrated during his prime having the benefit of playing in the NL West and some of the weakest teams and hitters in the game.

Probably his 2.08 ERA in the first half that year...
    It was a fluke is what I'm trying to say.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    It was a fluke is what I'm trying to say.
    But he's always been a solid pitcher. He got hurt in 2018 and then wasn't good when he came back, but other than that he's been good.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    But he's always been a solid pitcher. He got hurt in 2018 and then wasn't good when he came back, but other than that he's been good.
    Team has led the league in ERA for the last 3 years. You have to have guys like Stripling on the team that can fill a variety of roles. It's exactly this type of role player and overall depth that has kept the Dodgers at the top of the league for the last several seasons.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536