Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: October Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    Projected lines against Boston with the addition of Fabbri. I like that the first line is back together again. We missed their production together. The second line, while it has some scoring potential, man it is going to be ugly defensively. Fabrri isn't your best two way guy and has a -16 on his resume for a year. He is a -7 average for his career. Putting that with AA, who is quite possibly the worst in the NHL in this category, and Filppula who has his warts in this area as well. I do like the prospects of the 3rd and 4th lines as they look the best since the start of the year. I also like the defensive pairings much better.

I know the Bruins are hot right now but I am going to take the Wings in an upset tonight. They are due and I think the new guys finally show up this game and count on a goal from Fabbri. Just a feeling.

Bert-Larkin-Mantha
    AA-Filppula-Fabbri
    Perlini-Nielsen-Hirose
    Helm-Ehn-Erne

Nemeth-Hronek
    Cholowski-Green
    McIlrath-Bowey
    nailed it

2 wins in a row guys!

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    2 wins in a row guys!
    just like the Dolphins!

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    just like the Dolphins!

That certainly dampers things!

I really like the way they are playing right now and the lines now seem to be settled as well. I will say, however, I think this spurt has less to do with Blashill’s coaching than it does with Larkin and others grabbing the reins and getting players to follow. There seems to be a better energy and concentration these last two games. I think Perlini had one of his best games last game but came away without a point. He’s getting there and I think he’s going to have a good west coast trip. He isn’t getting much help from Nielsen or Erne (who continues to disappoint me) but he’s playing well in spite of that issue. If we could change up Ehn for Rasmussen and put Nielsen on the fourth line with Helm/Smith and Ras with Perlini and Erne, I would love it. Ehn does nothing for me. He has ZERO points and is a -5 in 12 games. He just doesn’t produce enough to stay on the roster.

The second line of AA, Filp, and Fabbri seems to be getting use to each other but man we need some solid “D” play when they are on the ice. I do love the action they provide though. The first line being back together is a big reason we won two in a row and now with getting some additional help and some special teams play, they should never be split up again. You hear that Blash!

As for the defense, I think McIlrath has done a solid job. Nothing spectacular but solid. Nemeth has improved his defense and has gotten a bit more aggressive which I like. Hronek is slipping a bit on defense but has been pretty solid overall. The issue now is Cholowski, Bowey, and Green. All of them have been horrible on defense lately and they have become turn over machines. Cholowski really worries me. We are going to need to find an above average defender to pair with him or he may not make it. He just lacks the defensive fundamentals and decisions. Bowey, I really liked in preseason but he is horribly inconsistent on the ice. He got a goal recently but his turn overs are going to cost us. To me, he just seems to get lazy with his passing sometimes and teams take advantage of it. Green, he’s done. He looks old, out of place, and has been awful back on defense. This is the area Steve needs to concentrait on right away. His best guys are a year or two away but at the very least, I think Hickett’s has outplayed Cholowski and deserves to be on the ice.

I don’t know what Steve can do for the defense right now but he is going to need to get creative. This west coast trip should be successful, even with the issues above. I see Perlini getting some points, Hronek doing well, and the first and second lines carrying us.

Go Wings.

Night puck!

physical 1st period, just like what we've wanted

and 49 seconds into the 2nd period the game is already over

AA seems to be turning the corner which is huge for us.

Oh man Perlini that was a golden chance.

Wow I didn't know the ref could call for a new faceoff after it had already been won. We were setting up the offense and THEN then whistle blew? cmon

We can score 6 on 3 right?

Larkin ties it up!

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Larkin ties it up!
    They'll find a way to overturn it lol

edit: nope!

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    They'll find a way to overturn it lol

edit: nope!
    I would not put it passed officiating. Thankfully we got this one.

Woooooo won a late night game!

All 4 goals scored by guys who should be building blocks for the future too. Excellent work boys. Hopefully this cna keep up in LA. Another game and another point for Fabbri too on the assist.

Go Wings!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast