Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: October Thread

Beat Kenny in his return to Detroit to end the losing streak. Yay.

worst team ever

1-0 when I went to take a shower. Not bad, let's see how it's going now... WHAT THE **** HAPPENED?

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    1-0 when I went to take a shower. Not bad, let's see how it's going now... WHAT THE **** HAPPENED?
    see above

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    see above
    I expected bad, but not worst team ever especially in a time where we have no good pro sports teams.

Wow, that Pred's game was absolutely embarrassing. They had Blash back there shaking his head and talking to himself. He looks like a lost soul. Unless Stevie's goal is to have the worst record and truly tank, then this guy needs to go. I don't care if you give the reins to Bylsma or Houda for the rest of the year but something needs to happen. Here is how Larkin put the Blashill issue:

“Blash comes to work every day,” Larkin said. “He preaches process. No one questions him in here. He’s a dedicated guy. He has done so much for us"

So, basically, he's one of the guys. This doesn't garner player respect to me and the results show it. Larkin also mentioned he fought last night to spark the guys. WHY is our best player fighting to spark his guys? Isn't that why we brought in Nemeth, Erne, Pirelli, and doesn't Abby have an "A" on his jersey? Since he's a waste of ice space, couldn't he maybe start a fight to spark the team at least since he's basically doing NOTHING else.

They are getting pushed around by other teams now and as I have said in past posts, can we at least have the "tough" label by bringing up McIlrath, Smith, and letting the tough guys fight and push people around. If you are going to just lose, might as well let the fans enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    Wow, that Pred's game was absolutely embarrassing. They had Blash back there shaking his head and talking to himself. He looks like a lost soul. Unless Stevie's goal is to have the worst record and truly tank, then this guy needs to go. I don't care if you give the reins to Bylsma or Houda for the rest of the year but something needs to happen. Here is how Larkin put the Blashill issue:

“Blash comes to work every day,” Larkin said. “He preaches process. No one questions him in here. He’s a dedicated guy. He has done so much for us"

So, basically, he's one of the guys. This doesn't garner player respect to me and the results show it. Larkin also mentioned he fought last night to spark the guys. WHY is our best player fighting to spark his guys? Isn't that why we brought in Nemeth, Erne, Pirelli, and doesn't Abby have an "A" on his jersey? Since he's a waste of ice space, couldn't he maybe start a fight to spark the team at least since he's basically doing NOTHING else.

They are getting pushed around by other teams now and as I have said in past posts, can we at least have the "tough" label by bringing up McIlrath, Smith, and letting the tough guys fight and push people around. If you are going to just lose, might as well let the fans enjoy it.
    amen, hoog

Well good news, he got called up as Daley went back to the IR.

What's really scary about this team is that I am starting to think we are just now finally bottoming out. That the rebuild is probably another 3-5 years before we are even competing again.

Steve tried to warn people that we need to be patient but I was one that thought we were almost there. I was wrong, Steve was right. I see a two years (with a big uptick next year) as a lot of our young guys are getting NHL and AHL experience this year. We will also be getting a lot off the books in two years. The number one hole I still see is the goaltending. None of our prospects are close. We have some really nice defense and offense prospects but the goalie issue will have to be bought on the open market in my opinion.

One other thing that may help is if we do "TANK", the top two picks are outstanding. Really, the top 5 look to be very solid. So there is that.

Jimmy looks done. I could also see them signing another vet goalie in the offseason, move on from Bernier at the end of next season, and roll with Vet/Larsson in 2021-2022.

Watch us roll with Ryan Miller next year lol "I'm coming home" retirement type spectacle

Projected lines against Boston with the addition of Fabbri. I like that the first line is back together again. We missed their production together. The second line, while it has some scoring potential, man it is going to be ugly defensively. Fabrri isn't your best two way guy and has a -16 on his resume for a year. He is a -7 average for his career. Putting that with AA, who is quite possibly the worst in the NHL in this category, and Filppula who has his warts in this area as well. I do like the prospects of the 3rd and 4th lines as they look the best since the start of the year. I also like the defensive pairings much better.

I know the Bruins are hot right now but I am going to take the Wings in an upset tonight. They are due and I think the new guys finally show up this game and count on a goal from Fabbri. Just a feeling.

Bert-Larkin-Mantha
    AA-Filppula-Fabbri
    Perlini-Nielsen-Hirose
    Helm-Ehn-Erne

Nemeth-Hronek
    Cholowski-Green
    McIlrath-Bowey

Hell yeah Fabbri has a goal in his Wings debut!

2 for Fabbri!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast