Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: October Thread

So Mike Green has looked bad...again.

I don't know guys, I think this team might be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I don't know guys, I think this team might be bad.
    was kinda hoping we might be a little better this year

nope

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    was kinda hoping we might be a little better this year

nope
    We can't have nice things in Detroit sports!

Well, the excitement was really short lived wasn't it. Blashill had the team excited for 3 games and now we are back to his norm of having one period just destroy them (3 goals in the second against Vancouver and 3 goals in the third against Calgary). He always seems to lose the team for a period before they can get back on track somewhat. I am not, nor have I ever been, a Blashill fan so maybe the poor play will finally be the end of him. The thing I am really not happy about is the lines he keeps rolling out which seem really odd to me. There is always an odd body for chemistry on every line but the first line.

I am also really losing it with AA and his -6 in 5 games. I hope he's just shaking off rust or it's the line combinations Blash is putting out there with him. AA really needs to start picking it up soon. As for his linemates, Hirose (IMO) has been terrible so far. His hockey IQ may have carried him as far as it can with his lacking in talent. Maybe last year was a fluke? He doesn't look to be the same player. He use to be responsible on the ice but he's as bad as AA (-6) out there at a -5 right now.

Mike Green has also been a huge disappointment so far. He doesn't have a point and he looks like he doesn't want to be out there. A couple of other disappointments so far are the off season signings of Nemeth (-3) and Erne (-4). Neither has taken their chance and ran with it. They are both being put out there in crucial ice time and neither seems to have thrived. Finally one of my least favorite and confusing as to why they are so high on him....MR. Ehn. He is out there to be a solid two way guy who helps on his own end but I haven't seen that at all. His -4 while on the ice is horrible and he is getting knocked off the puck a lot as well from the games I've watched. Would much rather have Svetch out there than him. Anyway, this draft coming up in 2020 is 10 deep or more with solid players, so maybe it isn't so bad that we finish in the back end of the group. I would rather not and get to see the young guys take over but it seems like we are destined for it after these last two games.

It's okay. We'll go on a pointless win streak at the end of the year to take us out of a potential top 3 pick again. It's what we do.

is Blash on a 2 way contract? can we send him back to GR?

Holy **** we scored a PP goal. It was also a Mantha goal so that's a bonus. He's still on pace for ~64 goals

Who could have guessed a Detroit sports team is not capable of playing a full game. What an awful third period.

Killed by the Senators. Oof.

So again with the one period lapses in the last two games: 5 goals in the third against Vancouver and last night 3 goals in the 2nd against the Sens. I'm telling you, Blashill is a major issue here for the player development. He just isn't a good coach or motivator. Having Green and Daley out there on defense isn't helping either. They both look like crap. We also need to make some moves and get some guys in GR up here. We are extremely lacking in attitude and toughness. Abby, Bert, Nemeth, and all of them right now are just showing no spunk at all. I thought Svech showed it in his first game but it was like someone told him to pipe it down this last game. I'd love to see Daley sit and bring up McIlrath to liven things up. He's playing well in GR right now and I think he would be a welcome attitude addition. Heck Giavanni Smith is doing quite well in GR also and seems to have found the scoring side (4 games and 4 points) but needs to stay away from the suspensions. Hickett's is leading the defense at GR with 4 points in 6 games and he's a spark plug as well so maybe him in place of another defenseman would help too. Finally, we have a severe issue in front of the net on offense. No one seems to want to house themselves there. Rasmussen is having a great year so far in GR (7 points in 6 games) and seems like the leader there. He likes to play in front of the net. Get him up as well. Stevie needs to start finding homes for these crappy vets we have on this team (Green would be the first to go, IMO) and take what you can get in picks. It's time to rid this team of Blash and these underperforming vets.

I'm cool with McIlrath because if we're gonna be bad, we might as well let a guy demolish people, it's good for the fans, right?

Well at least I got Giovanni Smith up now! Keep them coming Stevie.

"Heck Giovanni Smith is doing quite well in GR also and seems to have found the scoring side (4 games and 4 points) but needs to stay away from the suspensions."

7 and counting. Is this the year we finally do actually tank? Or am I setting myself up for disappointment when they go on their yearly winning streak to end the season? If I have to ask that I know what it'll be

8 and counting?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast