Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: October Thread

Is there anyone less threatening on a breakaway than Darren Helms?

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Is there anyone less threatening on a breakaway than Darren Helms?
    he gets there faster than anyone, and then it's like "whoops"

Well, this seemed to be their most lackluster effort in quite a while. Just seemed to skate without much effort last night. Turnovers were the death nail for sure. Being overmatched by the Devils was pretty apparent also.

Adding a link from an article with Stevie Y concerning coach Blashill which I was disappointed with his vision:
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...rt/4258829002/

I can't and will not agree with him on Blashill. The guy isn't putting them in a position to win, he doesn't take charge when needed, and he doesn't poke his finger in the dike to stop it from leaking. He isn't a leader in any way shape or form from what I see. Oh, the guys like him and he's very mild mannered but that isn't what this young team needs right now. This is compounded by the players as well. There isn't anyone out there taking on the responsibility as a leader. You see it from Larkin on occasion but name one other guy that takes charge and will's this team to win. I love Larkin but he needs to start pushing these guys or holding them accountable in the locker room. He may be trying to do this behind closed doors but the results aren't showing it. Right now, too many nice guys and not enough red arses on this team and when you have a coach with an ahh shucks attitude, your not going to win many games.

Steve saying things like:

"I think Blashill and his staff are doing a really good job of preparing"
    "As we speak here today, I think you're seeing good progress in our team"

This just floors me. Especially when this team seems to just leak badly in a period most of the year. In the last 10 games, we have allowed 3 or more goals in a period, 5 times. That is just piss poor coaching management. How can you continue to let this happen. Change for change sake is sometimes warranted and I think the time is now, but Steve doesn't seem to agree with me on this one.

Rangers- 3 goals in the 2nd period, 2 goals in the 3rd period
    Ducks- 3 goals in the 2nd period (we did pull a win out though)
    Senators- 3 goals in the 2nd period
    Blue Jackets- 3 goals in the 3rd period
    Devils- 4 goals in the 3rd period

Unacceptable.

Hopefully it's just lip service and Stevie Y is only saying positive things to be professional and not throw his guy under the bus, I can't imagine he actually believes in him long term

I would imagine he is just towing the line, it may reflect poorly to throw him under the bus especially with an organization that has been really loyal to people (sometimes way too loyal). If we believe in the idea that new management means new coach then Stevie probably wants to bring in his own guy once he has a firm grasp of the franchise. Let Blash do his thing this year, we are not expected to be any good anyway, and when we falter we can move on and bring in his guy.

down 6-0 in the 2nd lol

At the very least I was at the bar for this game lol. Jack and Coke helps ease down a ****** game. Worry not, I have more at home for tomorrow's **** show!

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    At the very least I was at the bar for this game lol. Jack and Coke helps ease down a ****** game. Worry not, I have more at home for tomorrow's **** show!
    it's amazing how far Detroit sports have fallen, but the excuses to drink they provide is worth it!

Oh boy today was special. At least Fabbri scored again.

gave up another 6 burger I see

oh boy indeed

4 more minutes and we held someone under 5 goals. Yay us!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456