Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: October Thread

Did I hear the broadcast right? After an adjusted goal we finally have our first Bert and Erne combo?

1st that I recall.

Also, somehow Erne is one goal away from a hat trick, on only 7 team shots on net no less.

you know it's a slow TV night when I'm actually watching this ****

Well Nielsen won't be joining Sheahan on the (nearly) scoreless for the entire season list.

Ughh. I find myself checking in on the scores not wondering if we are winning but by how much we are loosing by.

Quote Originally Posted by madchenmarie View Post
    Ughh. I find myself checking in on the scores not wondering if we are winning but by how much we are loosing by.
    I had to delete a google phone alert that always reminded me when the next game was starting.

It was becoming depressing just to see the next game coming up

Stick a fork in Jimmy. He's done.

Wow, that got ugly quick and often. Jimmy is done and really has been for the entire year. We will get nothing out of him in trade. Cody Perkins looks like a fine signing though, Lol. Our goalie situation is a disaster for now in the foreseeable future but there is a solution out there that I can't believe Stevie hasn't taken advantage of: Alexander Georgiev from the Rangers. The kid is only 23 and has performed great when given the chance behind Lindquist. The Lindquist contract for next year makes it impossible for them to move him and their young star, Igor Shestyorkin, is up right now due to a weird agreement to get him to the US so they have three goalies up right now. They have to trade someone or risk losing one of the young goalies to free waiver claims. The wings need to do anything they can to get this guy here, up to and including AA and some prospects or picks. IF we don't then we are stuck trying to land a FA goalie and then hoping that one of our young picks actually progresses and becomes an NHL goalie in their own right. Even if that happens, you can trade one of them if needed. It is a win/win and we should overpay if needed. I would much rather have a 23 year old proven goalie (60 NHL games, 3.01 goals against average, and .914 save percentage) over a overpaid FA goalie.

Well they are awful but getting a win over Boston is always nice.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Well they are awful but getting a win over Boston is always nice.
    such a random win

I was gonna check in with day 2 of the XFL but couldn't pry myself away from the Wings game, just assuming they'd fail eventually, it somehow didn't happen

Wow, another 3+ goals allowed period to lose the game. I guess Blashill is doing his job of tanking pretty well. Let's hope he's not around to admire his work. I'll let another team take his tanking expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    Wow, another 3+ goals allowed period to lose the game. I guess Blashill is doing his job of tanking pretty well. Let's hope he's not around to admire his work. I'll let another team take his tanking expertise.
    the weird thing is NHL coaches get fired all the time, I think Budreau just got fired again

Maybe the culture is good coaches get fired constantly, bad coaches keep their jobs forever?

How about another 5+ game of goals allowed?

Oof this team is bad.

So we swept the season series with the Canadiens.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast