Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Slowly starts chant for kingers famous 2018 prospect update.
    Lol. I forgot. I'll get er goin here.

Let's take a look at the Leafs 2018 Draft picks tonight..

Rasmus Sandin, D, Toronto Marlies(AHL)
    1st Round 2018(29th overall)

6GP 0G 2A 2pts(NHL)
    14GP 2G 9A 11pts(AHL)

Obviously the top prospect in the system. Clearly the best player on the Marlies. Has looked fantastic since being sent down. I would leave him with the Marlies to play big minutes with the added bonus that his ELC would slide one more year and keep him exempt from the next expansion draft. Top 4 dman without a doubt.

Semyon Der-Arguchintsev, C, Peterborough Petes(OHL)
    3rd Round 2018(76th overall)

27GP 4G 34A 38pts

Forming a deadly combo with 2019 2nd round pick Nick Robertson. Impressed enough in his first camp last year to earn 1 preseason game and an ELC. A smaller but extremely talented player. Definitely a project once his junior days are over.

Riley Stotts, C, Calgary Hitmen(WHL)
    3rd Round 2018(83rd overall)

25GP 11G 13A 24pts

Ceiling is a bottom 6 winger or center. Likely scenario he ends up an eventual Marlie if signed at all.

Mac Hallowell, D, Marlies(AHL), Growlers(ECHL)
    4th Round 2018(118th overall)

4GP 0G 2A 2pts(AHL)
    14GP 1G 6A 7pts(ECHL)

Intriguing prospect to say the least. OHL leading scorer for defencemen last year. Wasn't seeing enough ice on the Marlies so sent to Newfoundland to get more. Don't let that sour you on him. A demotion to the ECHL isn't the same in the Leafs organization as other places. The Leafs use their ECHL affiliate like a AA baseball team. No team uses that league for prospect development like the Leafs. He projects to be a top 6 D man and 2nd PP QB. That is the ceiling if he gets there.

Filip Kral, D, Spokane Chiefs(WHL)
    5th Round 2018(149th overall)

26GP 9G 17A 26pts

Making the best choice by playing junior and playing bigger minutes then would be offered in Europe. Probably a long shot but could end up an effective Marlie given he choses to stay in North America after his junior career is up.

Pontus Holmberg, LW, Vaxjo HC(SHL)
    6th Round 2018(156th overall)

23GP 2G 3A 5pts

Not exactly a well known prospect. Will likely be a player on the bubble of being signed or just let go. That being said it takes some players more time to develop and make it. Another long shot NHL'er.

Zachary Bouthillier, G, St. John Sea Fogs(QMJHL)
    7th Round 2018(209th overall)

22GP 9W 13L 4.19GAA .891SV%

Don't look at the stats because the Sea Dogs suck this year. Both goalies are thrown to the wolves every night. He's a guy to watch once his junior career ends. That's when he'll be on a team with structure.

Semyin Kizimov, RW, Lada Togliatti(VHL)
    7th Round 2018(211th overall)

27GP 3G 2A 5pts

I honestly know very little of this guy. The VHL is a lesser league in Russia even lower than the NIL I believe. Safe to say he's a long shot. That's even if he's interested in leaving Russia.

Sometime next week we'll look at the 2017 Draft.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 12-08-2019 at 06:38 PM.

Leafs have signed 4 undrafted or unsigned free agents.

Gordie Green F Miami University(Ohio)(NCHC)
    34GP 14G 22A 37PTS

Bobby McMann F Colgate University (ECAC)
    34GP 10G 10A 20PTS

Jeremy McKenna F Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL)
    57GP 40G 42A 82PTS

Noel Hoefenmayer D Ottawa 67's (OHL)
    58GP 26G 56A 82PTS

*Hoefenmayer is the only guy (as of now, things can change) that may be a sneaky pick up. He led the OHL for points by a defencemen. He was selected in the 4th round (108th) by Arizona in 2017. The other 3 players are all undrafted players.

Finally a little Leafs news despite this pandemic. Some guy just had to eat a bat...

Stay safe!

Leafs sign D Mikko Lehtonen from Jokerit of the KHL. Left shot 26 year old led the KHL in points by a d man last season. I had no idea they were even in the mix on him. Leafs seem to have the inside track on undrafted European players the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Leafs sign D Mikko Lehtonen from Jokerit of the KHL. Left shot 26 year old led the KHL in points by a d man last season. I had no idea they were even in the mix on him. Leafs seem to have the inside track on undrafted European players the last few years.
    Any defence man who can put up points is on our radar. I love the policy. Pay for production.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12