To Leafs
    RHD Colton Parayko

To Blues
    LW Andreas Johnsson
    RHD Timothy Liljegren
    15th overall pick 2020

St. Louis Blues: Colton Parayko Could Land With Toronto Maple Leafs
    https://bleedinblue.com/2020/08/27/s...o-maple-leafs/

Would like that if the 15th overall pick was substituted for 50th overall pick...
    Yeah I hate that trade on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. Fan View Post
    New rumor...

To Leafs
    RHD Colton Parayko

To Blues
    LW Andreas Johnsson
    RHD Timothy Liljegren
    15th overall pick 2020

St. Louis Blues: Colton Parayko Could Land With Toronto Maple Leafs
    https://bleedinblue.com/2020/08/27/s...o-maple-leafs/

Would like that if the 15th overall pick was substituted for 50th overall pick...
    Huge overpay, especially for 2 years of Parayko at 5.5 mil. Neither the term or contact length would make me part with #15 or Liljegren a RD too for 865k.

Now Johnsson, Holl and our 2nd rounder for Parayko and I'd do that.

It's tough to give up that first. But Payarko is a heck of a player. I don't know if the 15th pick gets you a player that good "eventually". Big risk/reward move. But we could sure he'll use a player like Parayko.
    Last edited by KingerSox; 08-30-2020 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    It's tough to give up that first. But Payarko is a heck of a player. I don't know if the 15th pick gets you a player that good "eventually".
    Well the 15th pick got kap (top 6 + pk burner). If we are adding to that pick then I want something more serious than a 4th Defenseman.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Well the 15th pick got kap (top 6 + pk burner). If we are adding to that pick then I want something more serious than a 4th Defenseman.
    Fair enough I just think Parayko is the type of D we need. Big, mobile, rugged. Difference of opinion is all good baby!

So apparently Anderssen's actual contract payout for this coming season is around $1 mil even though his cap hit is closer to $5 mil.

I don't remember where I read that, but that has very good value on the trade market for teams who have less financial muscle and the cap space. This is likely a big reason why his name is so prevalent in trade rumors along with an expiring contract.

Looks like the Blues just traded Allen to the Habs for draft picks so that frees up an additional $4.3 mil to help them try to resign Pietrangelo.

Nice breakdown on Sportsnet.ca running through potential defense trade targets for the Leafs.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...rgets-defence/

Kind of feeling like signing TJ Brodie to play with Reilly would be a great option and they've been linked to him before (obviously depending on term and AAV).

Nice breakdown on Sportsnet.ca running through potential defense trade targets for the Leafs.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...rgets-defence/

Kind of feeling like signing TJ Brodie to play with Reilly would be a great option and they've been linked to him before (obviously depending on term and AAV).
    I'd agree. I'd like to see 2 of Brodie, Stretcher, Weegar, if we can sign the the RFA's for the 2 mil Howell is making and deal him and McDermott instead. Also Trading Andersen for Pesche and signing Lehner instead of Brodie.

Apparently Arizona is hurting especially bad financially. Might be an opportunity to pounce by offering some assets with contracts with less actual cash to payout than cap hit for some of their top talent (ex. Oliver Ekman Larsson, Darcey Kuemper, etc.).

Apparently Arizona is hurting especially bad financially. Might be an opportunity to pounce by offering some assets with contracts with less actual cash to payout than cap hit for some of their top talent (ex. Oliver Ekman Larsson, Darcey Kuemper, etc.).
    Iím intrigued.

Kuemper would be my target.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Kuemper would be my target.
    Agreed, I thought I read that they wanted a 1st round pick for him. Very tempting....

According to Pierre LeBron, the Blues have told Pietrangelo to pursue free agency...

St. Louis has told Alex Pietrangelo to seek free agency: reports - Pension Plan Puppets
    https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2...asy-to-rile-up

Agreed, I thought I read that they wanted a 1st round pick for him. Very tempting....
    It would definitely take our 1st rounder for sure. Arizona just wants to cut payroll. What an absolute joke of a franchise since their inaugural season. Just relocate them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast