Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 321
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Damn, IKH is not going to like those links you posted...pretty sure he'll bombard the thread with all sorts of statistics he doesn't understand and completely misinterpret them lol
    Lol, we all know you hate statistics. Your proof is your eye test, or I love your ď itís well documentedĒ take. But proof, donít ask.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,449
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Man this really kills your argument seeing as 95% of those 3ís were contested even at 8 feet behind the ark. Nobody is sitting back saying shoot it like you portray. Will actual film get you to admit your wrong?
    Dude, everyone wants LBJ to shoot it lol. What about the article I sent you explicitly detailing that exact strategy? That was the year LBJ had his best shooting percentage from 3 (of his entire career) and that was the strategy they used...and it worked. The way to guard LBJ is to let him shoot. Just because a defender is close by doesn't mean they are going to try to stop him from shooting or contest too much.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Except for the most important stats...winning lol. I didn't respond to a previous post you made about stats don't lie because I didn't want to keep the discussion going...but this seems like the perfect thread for it. Stats do not say anything other than provide numbers. It's up to people to interpret those numbers and decide whether they are meaningful and just what that meaning is. In the case of basketball, stats are not used the right way to assess players and so typically provide more harm than good in basketball because they lead to misleading conclusions.
    Lebron has a higher win pct than Kobe. Lololol

    Que waiting for Big moves to change argument

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14,547
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    His deep 3s are great for these kind of YouTube compilations but truth is he was very inefficient on his deep 3s and a lot of times they were unnecessary. Sometimes heíd dribble the ball down the court, cross half court and pull up..like wtf.. itís clear that he isnít trying to win when he does that, he wants to be on the highlight reels when he takes those deep shots and he succeeded with that apparently
    Proof?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,449
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Man this really kills your argument seeing as 95% of those 3ís were contested even at 8 feet behind the ark. Nobody is sitting back saying shoot it like you portray. Will actual film get you to admit your wrong?
    Also, you're completely misreading those statistics. I don't know where you're getting some of these numbers from, but they sure aren't in the links you posted.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,449
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Lebron has a higher win pct than Kobe. Lololol

    Que waiting for Big moves to change argument
    Umm, yeah he played in the D league his entire career. A good chunk of his teams that made the finals would have struggled to even make the playoffs in the west. Winning is about championships. No one cares about your regular season winning percentage, especially when the dude title hopped for almost a decade now and played in a horrible weak conference.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Dude, everyone wants LBJ to shoot it lol. What about the article I sent you explicitly detailing that exact strategy? That was the year LBJ had his best shooting percentage from 3 (of his entire career) and that was the strategy they used...and it worked. The way to guard LBJ is to let him shoot. Just because a defender is close by doesn't mean they are going to try to stop him from shooting or contest too much.
    We just watched him contested and closely guarded 8 feet behind the ark. Yes they would rather him shoot a 3 because heís otherwise unstoppable. Now you are the one having trouble decipher whatís actually going on here. Just because your glad when Bron shoots a 3, doesnít equate to they leave him open as the video shows buddy. Use your eyes man, heís been contested 8 feet behind the ark.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,449
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Proof?
    The proof is in the fact that a younger team with even more injuries than last year came close to making the playoffs without LBJ and then we basically traded Randle and Lopez for LBJ and McGee and we we're out of the playoff race by February lol

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Umm, yeah he played in the D league his entire career. A good chunk of his teams that made the finals would have struggled to even make the playoffs in the west. Winning is about championships. No one cares about your regular season winning percentage, especially when the dude title hopped for almost a decade now and played in a horrible weak conference.
    And he plays his best ball in the finals against the West, better than Kobe against the east so what. Proves heís better now since he plays against harder competition in the nba finals than Kobe and outperforms Kobe in the finals...b your idiotic logic I just shat on you.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,449
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    We just watched him contested and closely guarded 8 feet behind the ark. Yes they would rather him shoot a 3 because heís otherwise unstoppable. Now you are the one having trouble decipher whatís actually going on here. Just because your glad when Bron shoots a 3, doesnít equate to they leave him open as the video shows buddy. Use your eyes man, heís been contested 8 feet behind the ark.
    Dude, those are selective videos because they are highlights. He's obviously not taking those shots regularly. I didn't say he doesn't ever take contested 3s.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,449
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    And he plays his best ball in the finals against the West, better than Kobe against the east so what. Proves heís better now since he plays against harder competition in the nba finals than Kobe and outperforms Kobe in the finals...b your idiotic logic I just shat on you.
    Yet his teams usually lose lol...5 > 3 (and more like 5.8 > 2.2 or so when you factor in context) something doesn't quite add up here does it

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,449
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Proof?
    Dude, I really don't think that you watch the games.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    14,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    The proof is in the fact that a younger team with even more injuries than last year came close to making the playoffs without LBJ and then we basically traded Randle and Lopez for LBJ and McGee and we we're out of the playoff race by February lol
    Thatís not proof lmao. No wonder

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,449
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Thatís not proof lmao. No wonder
    I was being sarcastic dude...what it does show is that LBJ wasn't able to move the needle much

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,449
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Lol, we all know you hate statistics. Your proof is your eye test, or I love your ď itís well documentedĒ take. But proof, donít ask.
    I don't know why you think statistics prove something. They don't. They can provide evidence for and against certain things, but it depends on whether they are measuring what they purport to be measuring (and in basketball this is very rarely the case, at least with advanced analytics) and whether the concept that is being measured is actually meaningful (again, in basketball it very rarely is).

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •