Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    His deep 3s are great for these kind of YouTube compilations but truth is he was very inefficient on his deep 3s and a lot of times they were unnecessary. Sometimes hed dribble the ball down the court, cross half court and pull up..like wtf.. its clear that he isnt trying to win when he does that, he wants to be on the highlight reels when he takes those deep shots and he succeeded with that apparently
    Dude...IKH is not going to be happy with this response...you've really done it now haha

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Damn, IKH is not going to like those links you posted...pretty sure he'll bombard the thread with all sorts of statistics he doesn't understand and completely misinterpret them lol
    As long as the debates are moved into this thread. Im kinda getting tired of seeing the lebron debates daily in other threads..lol.. hes a great player but I want to see what he does with the lakers first

Your baby can't do this

Dude...IKH is not going to be happy with this response...you've really done it now haha
    Good. Now he can live in this thread

Your baby can't do this

Except for the most important stats...winning lol. I didn't respond to a previous post you made about stats don't lie because I didn't want to keep the discussion going...but this seems like the perfect thread for it. Stats do not say anything other than provide numbers. It's up to people to interpret those numbers and decide whether they are meaningful and just what that meaning is. In the case of basketball, stats are not used the right way to assess players and so typically provide more harm than good in basketball because they lead to misleading conclusions.
    Kobe made some big shots but to be honest when you look back the role players also did in Horry, Fisher, Artest etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Kobe made some big shots but to be honest when you look back the role players also did in Horry, Fisher, Artest etc.
    Yeah, but the same is true for every star. Allen bailed out LBJ after he choked in that game 6 in Miami (2012) in the final 3 minutes or so. If not for Allen, spurs win that. Kyrie basically took over in the 4th quarter against GS and hit the go-ahead shot that turned into the game winner in game 7 in gs. Basketball is a team sport so there are always going to be other guys who come through.

I will agree that numbers is not everything and need to dig deeper like minutes, games, etc but when you have years of data that is pretty consistent then what you have is a pattern.

I have not checked so i am guessing here but if we dive into Kobe clutch shots we will come up that they are not going to be very efficient. Meaning over the years hes missed way more than made but we will remember the great ones. Its possible that making the basketball play is more efficient. Harden is an example of that vs a player like Curry.

One of the most overrated players ever..

We have 3 of the top 10 on our team right now..

your about 10 years 3 rings, number of mvps, scoring champ, etc behind

your about 10 years 3 rings, number of mvps, scoring champ, etc behind
    Hes still overrated..

I will agree that numbers is not everything and need to dig deeper like minutes, games, etc but when you have years of data that is pretty consistent then what you have is a pattern.
    Yes, but the question is what do those data tell us? I think the part that I disagree with you on is that those statistics don't really represent who the better player or and do not entirely correspond with who is winning (which is what is important). When the analytics are telling us guys who single-handedly carried teams to finals (e.g., Iverson) are weaker players than guys who are not eve starters, it's time to question just what those statistics are assessing.

Didn't we then lose that game though because LBJ couldn't make free throws lol (like missed multiple key free throws to ice the game)?
    Man this really kills your argument seeing as 95% of those 3s were contested even at 8 feet behind the ark. Nobody is sitting back saying shoot it like you portray. Will actual film get you to admit your wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Hes still overrated..
    Yep, it's mostly a media thing. What a lot of people don't seem to realize is that it's marketable for someone who is currently playing to be considered the GOAT. If I had a restaurant and I'm advertising it, it's not marketable to say, "our current chefs are pretty good, but man, you should have come by 20 years ago, those chefs were WAY BETTER". No, instead, I would want to always play up how great my current chefs area and how they're the best we've ever had. If a fan hears that someone like MJ or Kobe is better than the best the league has to offer, the average fan is going to think "well, I should have been watching 10 years ago, but not much reason to watch now". That's why it's the media that pushes this narrative. Most people who know about the game and also their own teammates and those who played with these guys don't think it's even a discussion to consider MJ and LBJ and most of those guys still rate Kobe ahead of LBJ.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast