Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 91 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1622
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    So Lowrie wonít play meaningful games in March?

"We were pleased with his progress on where he's at physically," Van Wagenen said, according to Deesha Thosar of the New York Daily News. "We did some testing to measure his strengths (and) he's progressing to the point where we're optimistic of having him participate in a meaningful way in (Spring Training) games."
    I mean considering he basically missed all of last season with injury, being healthy for those games would be meaningful heading into April.

Allen and Baty should also be off the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Out of all the big name prospects, Vientos is the one Iím most willing to move. A deal around Vientos and lower level prospects would make sense.

Mauricio has got to stay. I donít see BVW trading his own guys like Baty or JD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

I love Vientos, but if Rosario is the SS of the present and future, you have Baty, Vientos and Mauricio as possible 3rd bass options.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I love Vientos, but if Rosario is the SS of the present and future, you have Baty, Vientos and Mauricio as possible 3rd bass options.
    I assume then that McNeil will shift to 2B

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    If he's healthy, JD and Dom are SOL. Neither can shine his shoes.

If he's healthy.

If he's healthy, we're talking about one of the most prolific sluggers in all of baseball here, guys. But that's a big IF.
    Its not a matter of health. Its a matter of how much his skill has depreciated because of those injuries. A healthy Cespedes could still be a mediocre Cespedes. He's not a spring chicken at 34 years old. I hope Yoenis can recapture what he had in 2015 and 2016 as well but I'll take a solid platoon bat who gets a 2-3 starts a week and is a dangerous presence off the bench. That has value.

If JD continues his raking from last year, he deserves to be the almost everyday LFer.

Gimenez is the prospect Iíd be most willing to move of our ďtop guysĒ due to believing in amed and not sure sure gimenez bat would work at 3rd. Still donít think Iíd do it for marte tho. Heís a nice player but we donít need him. Seems like trading for the sake of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Its not a matter of health. Its a matter of how much his skill has depreciated because of those injuries. A healthy Cespedes could still be a mediocre Cespedes. He's not a spring chicken at 34 years old. I hope Yoenis can recapture what he had in 2015 and 2016 as well but I'll take a solid platoon bat who gets a 2-3 starts a week and is a dangerous presence off the bench. That has value.

If JD continues his raking from last year, he deserves to be the almost everyday LFer.
    Yes. But if Yoenis' health and skills are there, no one cares about JD anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    I assume then that McNeil will shift to 2B
    You are using logic. I don't think BVW and Wilpons use that.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Yes. But if Yoenis' health and skills are there, no one cares about JD anymore.
    That's not entirely true because JD showed off some very dynamic offensive skills last year. This is no longer the Yoenis Cespedes that is obligated to his position because he was supposed to make 29 million dollars this year. He has to earn his playing time.

[QUOTE=metswon69;33354474]Its not a matter of health. Its a matter of how much his skill has depreciated because of those injuries. A healthy Cespedes could still be a mediocre Cespedes. He's not a spring chicken at 34 years old. I hope Yoenis can recapture what he had in 2015 and 2016 as well but I'll take a solid platoon bat who gets a 2-3 starts a week and is a dangerous presence off the bench. That has value.

If JD continues his raking from last year, he deserves to be the almost everyday LFer.[/

Thank you. My original point was that there is a grey area, a middle ground between healthy and productive and sort of healthy and not very productive, or at least less productive than JD/Dom. Tie that into incentives based around games, ABs, etc. and it becomes a tricky situation for player, manager and FO. If he doesn't produce in even limited appearances right out of the gate, it gets interesting.

If he hits like it's August of 2015 it's a whole other kind of interesting.

Page 91 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast