Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    Is Dale Murray still around?
    According to baseball-reference, he's still alive at 69 years of age.

Mets have signed Max Moroff The Max-man. Maxmeister. The Maxillator.

I wonder if they gave him "silly money." Although anything given a scrub like this would be "silly money."

Be interesting to see how the rest of the NL east responds to this move.

The Mets could save money by just skipping the winter meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Mets have signed Max Moroff The Max-man. Maxmeister. The Maxillator.

I wonder if they gave him "silly money." Although anything given a scrub like this would be "silly money."

Be interesting to see how the rest of the NL east responds to this move.

The Mets could save money by just skipping the winter meetings.
    . Even with the great news about Cohen it was obvious The Mets were gonna go shopping at the bargain bin/ dollar store for at least one more year lol. Im hoping that the report that says Cohen gets 50 percent once the deal goes through is true. At least we can have hope for next offseason

Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    According to baseball-reference, he's still alive at 69 years of age.
    Just a couple years older than Cano. Sign him!

Quote Originally Posted by mets100% View Post
    This offseason will suck but next off-season is when we will start to see the big spending. Specially when a lot of money is coming off the books.
    I am thinking Cohen will let the Coupons run with the ball now. But if things look bad for the Mets by mid-season 2020, then I expect Cohen to get involved and demand the Brodie fix some things, like eating salaries and getting rid of dead wood for example.

Is Dale Murray still around?
    He'd be an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    He'd be an upgrade.

I always thought that the Mets GM at the time couldn't spell. He got Dale Murray and thought it was Dale Murphy.

I always thought that the Mets GM at the time couldn't spell. He got Dale Murray and thought it was Dale Murphy.
    And it was Joe McDonald. He could hardly string a sentence together, so he probably couldn't spell.

I just hope Brodie is trading for Mookie Betts and not bringing back Mookie Wilson.

now this guy Max Moroff, is this someone similar to Sid Finch but plays ss instead of a pitcher? That cannot be a real name. Figures the Mets would sign someone with the initials MM.

Does anyone miss Chris Flexen......

Certainly, not I.
    She's Ready for the Baseball Season...Are you?

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

I still feel that the Mets are 1 quality starting pitcher and 1 quality back end BP (doesn't have to be a closer), away from being able to compete against any team and earn at least a wild card spot. They will have to get into the luxury tax area or be very creative in dumping some salaries to do so, but it can be done.

If the Mets go the cheap route one guy I'd check would be J.A. Happ. He'd be a good 3rd/4th starter and the Yanks will trade him for peanuts and pay half his salary after signing Cole or Strasburg.

The last pitchers that didn't work for the Yankees but had past success (Sonny Gray and Lance Lynn) turned out good once they got traded.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Some of you are hilarious. Dude has 83 at bats above A ball and he's already certain to be better than Conforto? It's like you've never seen a prospect bust before. There's plenty every year and there's a good chance he's not the perennial all star some are already tagging him as.

I get, you're just angry it appears we made an awful trade of a highly ranked prospect, but let's at least see what the kid does before we continue crying over this trade. He could end up as nothing, like tons of these high-end prospects do.
    That wasnt my point. Conforto is a FA after 2 more seasons, and Kelenic would have been a natural replacement by that time.

Young, cheap, LH outfielder with more upside than Conforto. Whether or not hed actually be as good remains to be seen of course.

The Phillies offseason might not be over yet. They're reportedly in heavy pursuit of Rendon and have interest in Cole and Strasburg. This is why I'm glad these Wilpons are out soon. They can't compete with teams like Philadelphia, Boston, LA, etc. I don't care their record was better than Boston or Philly last year. It won't continue happening if you can't bring in better talent.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-07-2019 at 03:51 AM.

Page 51 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast