Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
    Mookie Betts 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    NO. Steve Cohen, a lifelong Mets fan (a real Mets fan - not a Dodgers fan like Wilpon) who also hates to see the Mets play 2nd fiddle to the Yanks will not allow a 5 year build. He will spend. The only question is whether it will be this year. Once he is the majority owner, money talks. Fred and Jeffy boy can kiss his *** since they will have no say in the where and how Cohen's money is spent, and Brodie better make the right moves or he'll be gone before mid season.

This guy with his riches (he'll be the richest owner in baseball), will not stand pat.
    Fred and Jeffy are running the team for the next 5 years. They absolutely have a say what gets spent and on who...Iím sure the terms of the buyout also include they canít be fired so this should be an interesting 5 years

Nonsense my friend. We are not talking about carts or horses or even model T's. This team, like the Yankees and other big market teams, should never be in rebuild mode. They should be out there every year buying what they need to be competitive. This new owner will be dealing with Maseratis and Ferraris, never carts and horses again.
    Maserati and Ferrari are for wealthy people, weíre talking Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Pagani
    If youíve ever seen those cars in person, theyíre works of art

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Mookie Betts 2021.
    Thatís what I was thinking as well.

With Cohen on board:

CF: Trade for Mookie Betts; extend Mookie Betts
    Bullpen: Sign Betances & Treinen
    Rotation: Sign MadBum

Lf - Nimmo
    Cf - Betts
    3b - McNeil
    1b - Alonso
    Rf - Conforto
    2b - Cano
    C - Ramos
    Ss - Rosario

Sp - deGrom
    Sp - Syndergaard
    Sp - MadBum
    Sp - Stroman
    Sp - Matz

Bullpen: Diaz, Lugo, Betances, Familia, Treinen, Wilson, & Gsellman
    #oneatatime

Quote Originally Posted by rpagz3 View Post
    With Cohen on board:

Lf - Nimmo
    Cf - Betts
    3b - McNeil
    1b - Alonso
    Rf - Conforto
    2b - Cano
    C - Ramos
    Ss - Rosario

Sp - deGrom
    Sp - Syndergaard
    Sp - MadBum
    Sp - Stroman
    Sp - Matz

I like your ideas. I just think that the Mets need to do those moves and signings without touching the top 30 prospects on the farm. Maybe move some of the dead wood or players who are crowding others - namely Cespedes and Lowrie, and trading those who are or will be blocked -
    namely J.D. Davis and Dom Smith.

There is no reason now for the Mets not to sign a few free agents, including top ones like Bumgarner. With Cohen on board, he is THE money man and arguably the biggest risk taker in the world of risk takers that hedge fund titans are. He will dictate to or overrule old man Wilpon. Jeffy becomes a stooge in this arrangement, not that he wasn't all along anyway. Just a spoiled rich boy hanging on to Daddy's coat strings.

It is most certain that Brodie and his team are out working with all the top free agents now. And do any of you think our new owner cares about going over the luxury cap for one year to bring in the missing talent?

I like your ideas. I just think that the Mets need to do those moves and signings without touching the top 30 prospects on the farm. Maybe move some of the dead wood or players who are crowding others - namely Cespedes and Lowrie, and trading those who are or will be blocked -
    namely J.D. Davis and Dom Smith.

There is no reason now for the Mets not to sign a few free agents, including top ones like Bumgarner. With Cohen on board, he is THE money man and arguably the biggest risk taker in the world of risk takers that hedge fund titans are. He will dictate to or overrule old man Wilpon. Jeffy becomes a stooge in this arrangement, not that he wasn't all along anyway. Just a spoiled rich boy hanging on to Daddy's coat strings.

It is most certain that Brodie and his team are out working with all the top free agents now. And do any of you think our new owner cares about going over the luxury cap for one year to bring in the missing talent?
    Well the only player I mentioned that would require dipping into prospects, is Mookie Betts. But he is the exact type of player you trade those chips for when you are contending.

Also, with Cohen, I am now more for trading prospects. Before, with the Wilpons, they traded prospects because they didn't want to spend money. So if signing big money players was not available, our only true capital to get better, was the trade market, or prospects breaking out.

Now, with Cohen, if we don't find our Center Fielder of the future in our prospect pool, I would think that the Mets would have the financial muscle to spend on one to improve the team.

Maybe that all didn't make sense typing it out so fast. I guess my point is that I am less worried about hoarding prospects for a rebuild, as with money, we might never have to "rebuild" again. Similar to how Yanks, Red Sox, Dodgers, etc. seem to never rebuild. They can buy great players to keep the team winning.

Once you can buy players, you can then keep your high end prospects, because you are not trading to get better, unless you are putting on finishing pieces to a World Series roster.

The entire landscape of the MLB just changed with this ownership swap.
    #oneatatime

With Cohen on board:

Lf - Nimmo
    Cf - Betts
    3b - McNeil
    1b - Alonso
    Rf - Conforto
    2b - Cano
    C - Ramos
    Ss - Rosario

Sp - deGrom
    Sp - Syndergaard
    Sp - MadBum
    Sp - Stroman
    Sp - Matz

Look Im obviously ectstatic with the news of new ownership BUT I don't want to keep trading prospects. we only have a few high end prospects left ater broide dismantled our system last year. A Big reason why the Braves and the Nats are good is because they have built through their farm AND added pieces around them via Free Agency

A lot of confusion as to when this sale will be complete and when Cohen can actually decide on the budget. Is there still a chance they could still complete for Cole or Strasberg. I know the chance of this happening is very slim but you can always dream.

Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    A lot of confusion as to when this sale will be complete and when Cohen can actually decide on the budget. Is there still a chance they could still complete for Cole or Strasberg. I know the chance of this happening is very slim but you can always dream.
    I highly doubt we start seeing the benefits of new ownership right away. There's a reason why Cohen kept Jeff and Fred around. Maybe next offseason, the offseason thereafter, etc. That's presumably when Cohen starts taking more control and becomes more hands on with the team (using his money).

All I know is there should be no excuses why the Mets can't afford top FA going forward. If this dude is a Met fan and can spend 140 million dollars on a piece of art, he can get us Mookie Betts or whoever they need to win.

There's no reason why the Mets can't become the Dodgers. Be competitive every year, have a great front office, develop players as well as the best small market teams do, etc.

Forget Starling Marte...

Now we have money. Go get Mookie Betts next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I highly doubt we start seeing the benefits of new ownership right away. There's a reason why Cohen kept Jeff and Fred around. Maybe next offseason, the offseason thereafter, etc. That's presumably when Cohen starts taking more control and becomes more hands on with the team (using his money).

All I know is there should be no excuses why the Mets can't afford top FA going forward. If this dude is a Met fan and can spend 140 million dollars on a piece of art, he can get us Mookie Betts or whoever they need to win.

There's no reason why the Mets can't become the Dodgers. Be competitive every year, have a great front office, develop players as well as the best small market teams do, etc.
    Cespedes off the books next year... no reason not go for Betts.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

NO. Steve Cohen, a lifelong Mets fan (a real Mets fan - not a Dodgers fan like Wilpon) who also hates to see the Mets play 2nd fiddle to the Yanks will not allow a 5 year build. He will spend. The only question is whether it will be this year. Once he is the majority owner, money talks. Fred and Jeffy boy can kiss his *** since they will have no say in the where and how Cohen's money is spent, and Brodie better make the right moves or he'll be gone before mid season.

This guy with his riches (he'll be the richest owner in baseball), will not stand pat.
    If he's not the majority owner until 5 years, how can he have much say in firing BVW or how the money is spent now? Unless I'm missing something...

With Cohen on board:

Lf - Nimmo
    Cf - Betts
    3b - McNeil
    1b - Alonso
    Rf - Conforto
    2b - Cano
    C - Ramos
    Ss - Rosario

Sp - deGrom
    Sp - Syndergaard
    Sp - MadBum
    Sp - Stroman
    Sp - Matz

Definitely no trading for Betts. He's gonna cost too much in a trade even though he's a 1 year rental. If they truly can/will go after him in free agency, then just sign him next year. We need to keep whatever little assets we have in the farm.

Did we sign Cole and Rendon yet?
    Marmolololololol

Page 49 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast