Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    While the Braves and Phillies have gotten stronger the Mets have gotten worse and are sleepwalking their way through the off season. Will somebody please wake them up.
    Agreed. Right now we have 3 teams ahead of us in our own division. The scary thing about the Braves and Nats is they are loaded with young talent and still have real good farm systems. The Phillies arenít as good as them but they arenít messing around either they are making win now moves. My issue with the Mets is not only dont we make the necessary moves to compete but our farm system has also been depleted the past year or so. Eventually we need to think about restocking farm especially if we donít plan on resigning syndergaard or stroman which I donít think we will

I say we rebuild totally. 5 years we are stocked and go for it with real owners.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Wheeler you MFer. Not the same, but when Murph signed with the Nats I couldn't watch highlights of 2015 run anymore I was so disgusted. I know we weren't gonna sign him, but I was hoping he'd be buried with the White Sox. I hate to see players leave no matter what...zero loyalty in any sport anymore.
    Last edited by nuyawka; 12-04-2019 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nuyawka View Post
    Wheeler you MFer. Not the same, but when Murph signed with the Nats I couldn't watch highlights of 2015 run anymore I was so disgusted. I know we weren't gonna sign him, but I was hoping he'd be buried with the White Sox. I hate to see players leave no matter what...zero loyalty in any sport anymore.
    Are you out of your mind? Are you really criticizing a man for accepting a $118 million contract?

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Are you out of your mind? Are you really criticizing a man for accepting a $118 million contract?
    yeah there is not one single person on this board who wouldnt put on a yankee jersery for 118M...11.8M...heck...1.8M

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    It's not completely accurate that the Wilpons don't let the team spend, it's moreso that our GMs don't know how to spend. Imagine if we used the money spent on Cespedes, Lagares, Cano now that we've taken him on, Lowrie, Ramos, and Familia on other players that have been much better investments, like LeMahieu for example...

If we made better signings the last couple of years, we'd be in a fine position. Instead, we decided it was best to give $30 million to Familia when we already knew he sucked, and Lowrie because we had so little faith in McNeil that we thought we needed 5 players that could play 3B/2B.
    You mention LeMahieu...thatís the same team that signed Ellsbury, ARod, Texeira, Sabathia, Tanaka, Giambi right?

The difference between us, the Yankees or Red Sox is those teams can move past the bad years of a contract and still put a competitive team on the field where we penalize our team and shutdown. Itís why our runs are 1-2 years and their runs are decades

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Quote Originally Posted by TeamKidd View Post
    yeah there is not one single person on this board who wouldnt put on a yankee jersey for 118M...11.8M...heck...1.8M
    Or $0.8M for that matter. Well put!

Wheeler you MFer. Not the same, but when Murph signed with the Nats I couldn't watch highlights of 2015 run anymore I was so disgusted. I know we weren't gonna sign him, but I was hoping he'd be buried with the White Sox. I hate to see players leave no matter what...zero loyalty in any sport anymore

You must have a short memory. This is the same guy who called up Sandy Alderson and pleaded to stay on the team despite nearly being traded. Even today he still gave the Mets one last chance to give him an offer but the Coupons refused. Saying the guy is not loyal isnít Accurate. Yes I hate that he went to Philly but I canít blame the guy for getting security. He was actually offered more by the White Sox but his wife is from Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMetFan View Post
    I say we rebuild totally. 5 years we are stocked and go for it with real owners.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    NO. Steve Cohen, a lifelong Mets fan (a real Mets fan - not a Dodgers fan like Wilpon) who also hates to see the Mets play 2nd fiddle to the Yanks will not allow a 5 year build. He will spend. The only question is whether it will be this year. Once he is the majority owner, money talks. Fred and Jeffy boy can kiss his *** since they will have no say in the where and how Cohen's money is spent, and Brodie better make the right moves or he'll be gone before mid season.

This guy with his riches (he'll be the richest owner in baseball), will not stand pat.

What do the Mets need to put them above the other 3? A CF, a starting pitcher who can take Wheeler's place and a closer, perhaps another catcher to, yes, platoon with Ramos. I say Cohen's first edict to Brodie is gonna be get the best in here and if we have dead wood (perhaps Lowrie and Cespedes) eat salary and get rid of them.

And ****in' Brodie, no more dealing away the top 30 prospects on our farm.

This guy could be the 2nd coming of George Steinbrenner, lol.

Donít put the cart ahead of the horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Donít put the cart ahead of the horse.
    Nonsense my friend. We are not talking about carts or horses or even model T's. This team, like the Yankees and other big market teams, should never be in rebuild mode. They should be out there every year buying what they need to be competitive. This new owner will be dealing with Maseratis and Ferraris, never carts and horses again.

Page 48 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast