Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I know you enjoy crapping on Brodie but let's not make stuff up. He's not trading Davis for Marte.
    To be fair you can’t blame fans for crapping on Brodie given his track record so far lol

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    To be fair you can’t blame fans for crapping on Brodie given his track record so far lol
    Making stuff up for effect doesn't help a point.

Making stuff up for effect doesn't help a point.
    Sure it does. Satire is exaggeration.

So when are we closing this thread?

To think BVW would never trade Davis for Marte is pretty presumptuous and not really an evidence based assessment of how he operates.

It may be unlikely but the man has shown he is all about trading young, controllable assets for older players that he wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

I know you enjoy crapping on Brodie but let's not make stuff up. He's not trading Davis for Marte.
    I know you enjoy genuflecting in front of your lord Brodie, but Davis is exactly the type of young-affordable major leaguer a team like Pittsburgh would covet.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I know you enjoy genuflecting in front of your lord Brodie, but Davis is exactly the type of young-affordable major leaguer a team like Pittsburgh would covet.
    BVW is not trading 5 years of Davis of 2 years of Marte. Davis was arguably our most consistent offensive player last season.

The Mets would be better off dealing Nimmo who has had trouble staying on the field and is under control for a similar amount of time as Marte (3 years), but is cheaper and younger than Marte which should attract the Pirates. Marte projects to be a better CF than Nimmo even if his metrics weren’t that great last season.

CF-Marte
    3B-McNeil
    1B-Alonso
    RF-Conforto
    LF-Davis
    2B-Cano
    C-Ramos
    SS-Rosario

Marte gives us better speed and defense at the top of the order which is what this team has been lacking recently.

Does he really give us better defense? I thought people were saying he isn't any (or much) better than Nimmo in CF.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    In New York spending less than every other ****ing city!
    Yankees were 4th

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Does he really give us better defense? I thought people were saying he isn't any (or much) better than Nimmo in CF.
    At least a little bit. Marte has been a very good defender for years. I don’t think it’s fair to label him as below average in CF after one season. I think finally playing for a contender again will energize him.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    BVW is not trading 5 years of Davis of 2 years of Marte. Davis was arguably our most consistent offensive player last season.

The Mets would be better off dealing Nimmo who has had trouble staying on the field and is under control for a similar amount of time as Marte (3 years), but is cheaper and younger than Marte which should attract the Pirates. Marte projects to be a better CF than Nimmo even if his metrics weren’t that great last season.

CF-Marte
    3B-McNeil
    1B-Alonso
    RF-Conforto
    LF-Davis
    2B-Cano
    C-Ramos
    SS-Rosario

Marte gives us better speed and defense at the top of the order which is what this team has been lacking recently.
    Marte doesn’t walk, has a career 4.9% walk percentage. I wouldn’t trade for Marte but this GM traded for a 36 year 2nd baseman and a reliever for a top 50 CF prospect and top 100 starter. I wouldn’t put anything past him.

I know you were a big fan of the trade, but even you can admit that trading assets with controllable years for ML talent is something this GM wouldn’t hesitate in doing again.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

That doesn't mean he is going to trade him. You do understand that trades are a two way street right? It doesn't matter what the Pirates covet. I'm sorry its clouded in your bias narrative and ridiculous attempt to make up something that's not there. I acknowledge Brodie has made some bad moves but jeez, dude, does he owe you money or did he screw over a family member?

NY Mets offseason

Marte doesn’t walk, has a career 4.9% walk percentage. I wouldn’t trade for Marte but this GM traded for a 36 year 2nd baseman and a reliever for a top 50 CF prospect and top 100 starter. I wouldn’t put anything past him.

I know you were a big fan of the trade, but even you can admit that trading assets with controllable years for ML talent is something this GM wouldn’t hesitate in doing again.
    Marte doesn’t walk, but he hits, gets HBP often, and is now hitting for more power than he’s ever done.

I wasn’t a “big fan” of the trade, but I liked what we were getting in return to help this team win games.

BVW can learn from his mistakes. He was a first year GM with no front office experience and I think that he’s learned a lot in his first year as Mets GM.

Lets see what he has in plan for this offseason with a seemingly tight budget.

I agree that the off year on defense could be an anomaly more than a trend, but at the same time he is over 30 and it could easily become a trend.

That doesn't mean he is going to trade him. You do understand that trades are a two way street right? It doesn't matter what the Pirates covet. I'm sorry its clouded in your bias narrative and ridiculous attempt to make up something that's not there. I acknowledge Brodie has made some bad moves but jeez, dude, does he owe you money or did he screw over a family member?
    WTF does this mean?

Why make it personal? You accuse people in the forum making it personal, and you do the exact same thing.

Page 41 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast