Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 41 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 615 of 1622
  1. #601
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,563
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I know you enjoy crapping on Brodie but let's not make stuff up. He's not trading Davis for Marte.
    To be fair you can’t blame fans for crapping on Brodie given his track record so far lol

  2. #602
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    35,899
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    To be fair you can’t blame fans for crapping on Brodie given his track record so far lol
    Making stuff up for effect doesn't help a point.

  3. #603
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    13,241
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Making stuff up for effect doesn't help a point.
    Sure it does. Satire is exaggeration.

  4. #604
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,506
    So when are we closing this thread?

  5. #605
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,903
    To think BVW would never trade Davis for Marte is pretty presumptuous and not really an evidence based assessment of how he operates.

    It may be unlikely but the man has shown he is all about trading young, controllable assets for older players that he wants.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Don't worry. He's got this.

  6. #606
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    49,111
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I know you enjoy crapping on Brodie but let's not make stuff up. He's not trading Davis for Marte.
    I know you enjoy genuflecting in front of your lord Brodie, but Davis is exactly the type of young-affordable major leaguer a team like Pittsburgh would covet.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  7. #607
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    65,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I know you enjoy genuflecting in front of your lord Brodie, but Davis is exactly the type of young-affordable major leaguer a team like Pittsburgh would covet.
    BVW is not trading 5 years of Davis of 2 years of Marte. Davis was arguably our most consistent offensive player last season.

    The Mets would be better off dealing Nimmo who has had trouble staying on the field and is under control for a similar amount of time as Marte (3 years), but is cheaper and younger than Marte which should attract the Pirates. Marte projects to be a better CF than Nimmo even if his metrics weren’t that great last season.

    CF-Marte
    3B-McNeil
    1B-Alonso
    RF-Conforto
    LF-Davis
    2B-Cano
    C-Ramos
    SS-Rosario

    Marte gives us better speed and defense at the top of the order which is what this team has been lacking recently.

  8. #608
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    13,241
    Does he really give us better defense? I thought people were saying he isn't any (or much) better than Nimmo in CF.

  9. #609
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    In New York spending less than every other ****ing city!
    Yankees were 4th

  10. #610
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    65,057
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Does he really give us better defense? I thought people were saying he isn't any (or much) better than Nimmo in CF.
    At least a little bit. Marte has been a very good defender for years. I don’t think it’s fair to label him as below average in CF after one season. I think finally playing for a contender again will energize him.

  11. #611
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    49,111
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    BVW is not trading 5 years of Davis of 2 years of Marte. Davis was arguably our most consistent offensive player last season.

    The Mets would be better off dealing Nimmo who has had trouble staying on the field and is under control for a similar amount of time as Marte (3 years), but is cheaper and younger than Marte which should attract the Pirates. Marte projects to be a better CF than Nimmo even if his metrics weren’t that great last season.

    CF-Marte
    3B-McNeil
    1B-Alonso
    RF-Conforto
    LF-Davis
    2B-Cano
    C-Ramos
    SS-Rosario

    Marte gives us better speed and defense at the top of the order which is what this team has been lacking recently.
    Marte doesn’t walk, has a career 4.9% walk percentage. I wouldn’t trade for Marte but this GM traded for a 36 year 2nd baseman and a reliever for a top 50 CF prospect and top 100 starter. I wouldn’t put anything past him.

    I know you were a big fan of the trade, but even you can admit that trading assets with controllable years for ML talent is something this GM wouldn’t hesitate in doing again.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  12. #612
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    35,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I know you enjoy genuflecting in front of your lord Brodie, but Davis is exactly the type of young-affordable major leaguer a team like Pittsburgh would covet.
    That doesn't mean he is going to trade him. You do understand that trades are a two way street right? It doesn't matter what the Pirates covet. I'm sorry its clouded in your bias narrative and ridiculous attempt to make up something that's not there. I acknowledge Brodie has made some bad moves but jeez, dude, does he owe you money or did he screw over a family member?

  13. #613
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    65,057

    NY Mets offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Marte doesn’t walk, has a career 4.9% walk percentage. I wouldn’t trade for Marte but this GM traded for a 36 year 2nd baseman and a reliever for a top 50 CF prospect and top 100 starter. I wouldn’t put anything past him.

    I know you were a big fan of the trade, but even you can admit that trading assets with controllable years for ML talent is something this GM wouldn’t hesitate in doing again.
    Marte doesn’t walk, but he hits, gets HBP often, and is now hitting for more power than he’s ever done.

    I wasn’t a “big fan” of the trade, but I liked what we were getting in return to help this team win games.

    BVW can learn from his mistakes. He was a first year GM with no front office experience and I think that he’s learned a lot in his first year as Mets GM.

    Lets see what he has in plan for this offseason with a seemingly tight budget.

  14. #614
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    100,641
    I agree that the off year on defense could be an anomaly more than a trend, but at the same time he is over 30 and it could easily become a trend.

  15. #615
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    49,111
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That doesn't mean he is going to trade him. You do understand that trades are a two way street right? It doesn't matter what the Pirates covet. I'm sorry its clouded in your bias narrative and ridiculous attempt to make up something that's not there. I acknowledge Brodie has made some bad moves but jeez, dude, does he owe you money or did he screw over a family member?
    WTF does this mean?

    Why make it personal? You accuse people in the forum making it personal, and you do the exact same thing.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 41 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •