Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    2B and Cano shares time at 1B, 2B, and 3B to give guys days off and be our main pinch hitter off the bench.

Team improved if they do that, but they won't... Of course
    Cano is not moving off 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    Cano is not moving off 2nd
    What I will never understand if you had a job that was paying upward of $20 million dollars a year and your boss told you to empty the waste baskets before you leave , you would say ,OF COURSE I WILL, ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT ME TO DO ? The same goes for Cespedes who refuses to play RF even though he has the strongest arm on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    What I will never understand if you had a job that was paying upward of $20 million dollars a year and your boss told you to empty the waste baskets before you leave , you would say ,OF COURSE I WILL, ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT ME TO DO ? The same goes for Cespedes who refuses to play RF even though he has the strongest arm on the team.
    There's a certain amount of professional respect earned when you've been playing the same position for 14 years. This isn't some rookie refusing to move. Not to mention Brodie is on a mission to prove the acquisition was the right move. That was obvious when he kept batting Cano 3rd last year for almost 2 months longer than they should have.

Its hard to believe Cano is going to play anywhere besides 2nd base (until he gets injured which he certainly will) and its probably best because who wants a 37 year old playing 3rd base almost everyday when he has 2 career games there?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Find someone with a guaranteed salary of $20 million and then let me know how amenable he is to emptying out your trash.

I get why Cano might not want to play third. For the life of i dont get the difference in switching from one corner outfield position to another.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I get why Cano might not want to play third. For the life of i dont get the difference in switching from one corner outfield position to another.
    Having played both competitive fast and slo-pitch softball through 2006 and mostly in the OF, RF is more difficult to play than LF. That throw to third base trying to nail a runner can be challenging for many.

I can see Cano playing less games, but never moving to another position.
    She's Ready for the Baseball Season...Are you?

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Having played both competitive fast and slo-pitch softball through 2006 and mostly in the OF, RF is more difficult to play than LF. That throw to third base trying to nail a runner can be challenging for many.
    Yes. The throw is the only difference. I was referring to catching the F ing ball. As we all know Cespedes hss a howitzter. He has the best arm by far of any Met outfielder. And he refuses to play right field.

Sounds like BVW has the itch to trade away whatever’s left of his young talent for another old player past his prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

At this point, I think the Mets would just be happy to have Cespedes back. Agree, he should have been playing RF all along, but I doubt the Mets will make it an issue and I expect Cespedes to be playing LF. And, BTW, I do expect Cespedes to be back.

The guy that should be playing RF is JD Davis, who has a cannon for an arm. That is, if he is playing the OF at all. I would love to see him at 3B, but his rep is that he is not that good defensively, the arm notwithstanding. I expect we sill see McNeil at 3B, and Lowrie moving around the infield spelling everyone except Alonzo.

Also, I can't see the Mets asking Cano to move to 3B.

Thinking about, the Mets won 86 games despite Cano not being a major offensive threat, largely because he was out of the lineup so much, and Diaz (not to mention Familia) do his imitation of pitching like Gagnon.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Sounds like BVW has the itch to trade away whatever’s left of his young talent for another old player past his prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He has no idea what he is doing lol

Quote Originally Posted by AUDIT View Post
    At this point, I think the Mets would just be happy to have Cespedes back. Agree, he should have been playing RF all along, but I doubt the Mets will make it an issue and I expect Cespedes to be playing LF. And, BTW, I do expect Cespedes to be back.

The guy that should be playing RF is JD Davis, who has a cannon for an arm. That is, if he is playing the OF at all. I would love to see him at 3B, but his rep is that he is not that good defensively, the arm notwithstanding. I expect we sill see McNeil at 3B, and Lowrie moving around the infield spelling everyone except Alonzo.

Also, I can't see the Mets asking Cano to move to 3B.

Thinking about, the Mets won 86 games despite Cano not being a major offensive threat, largely because he was out of the lineup so much, and Diaz (not to mention Familia) do his imitation of pitching like Gagnon.
    Davis has the yips from third base. He belongs in the OF.

Trade him for Marte because...Brodie and an itch.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Trade him for Marte because...Brodie and an itch.
    I know you enjoy crapping on Brodie but let's not make stuff up. He's not trading Davis for Marte.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I know you enjoy crapping on Brodie but let's not make stuff up. He's not trading Davis for Marte.
    Davis and Mauricio? Maybe Alvarez too?

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Find someone with a guaranteed salary of $20 million and then let me know how amenable he is to emptying out your trash.
    I had a secretary who I was paying above normal salary and I told her that her job aside from her normal duties was to water the plants in the office and before she left to make sure that the kitchen area in our office was clean of dishes in the sink and that what had to be put in the refrigerator was done. Not a peep out of her or ever a cxomplaint. I just do not buy that a player refuses to play whereever the manager asks him within reason. I don't think that asking Cano to play 3B on occaision or become a utility player or asking Cespedes to play RF is out of the question especially with the money they are getting.

Page 40 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast