Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Not sure I would deal Ramos. Unlikely youíre gonna get a better option and he wonít bring back much. I would love to sign Chapman, but I doubt thatís going to happen.

As far as Bader goes, I donít think the Cards will sell low on him. He was really good as a rookie and still remains an excellent defensive CF.
    Agree with everything you said.

If Nimmo proves he is healthy we have to keep him. He wouldn't bring in top value coming off this season.

I'm also a big advocate of keeping Dom Smith. No way we get fair value for him based on limited ABs in an injury-shortened season. But anyone who watched him this year knows that he can hit, is a solid PH, we need a backup first baseman and maybe he can be a serviceable fill in for JD in LF.Good teams have good players riding the bench and Smith, for now, is okay with that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    If Nimmo proves he is healthy we have to keep him. He wouldn't bring in top value coming off this season.

I'm also a big advocate of keeping Dom Smith. No way we get fair value for him based on limited ABs in an injury-shortened season. But anyone who watched him this year knows that he can hit, is a solid PH, we need a backup first baseman and maybe he can be a serviceable fill in for JD in LF.Good teams have good players riding the bench and Smith, for now, is okay with that.
    I also agree what you are saying about Dom Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post

Best argument yet for keeping Dom. I still wonder if there's room. If Cespedes declares himself healthy you'll have him, Nimmo, Conforto, Davis, and presumably someone else to at least backup in center. Davis can always back up first. How are they squeezing Dom into this roster?

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Best argument yet for keeping Dom. I still wonder if there's room. If Cespedes declares himself healthy you'll have him, Nimmo, Conforto, Davis, and presumably someone else to at least backup in center. Davis can always back up first. How are they squeezing Dom into this roster?
    We just have to assume that Cespedes doesnít exist. Next season is the last year of his contract and he has no future here beyond 2020.

We just have to assume that Cespedes doesnít exist. Next season is the last year of his contract and he has no future here beyond 2020.
    Is Cespedes even supposed to come off the DL by Spring Training? He and Lowrie are pretty much Waldo in Where's Waldo?

Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    Is Cespedes even supposed to come off the DL by Spring Training? He and Lowrie are pretty much Waldo in Where's Waldo?
    Cespedes becomes a free agent in 2021. You don't he's going to get healthy, mysteriously, just in time for one last salary drive?

FoC does.

Courteously.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Precisely. Which is why, at the end of 2020, fans here will be debating whether we should re-sign the reigning NL and World Series MVP for 2020.

You'll see.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Cespedes becomes a free agent in 2021. You don't he's going to get healthy, mysteriously, just in time for one last salary drive?

FoC does.

Courteously.
    Ok wasn't aware he was a FA in 2021, so agree with you. He'll miraculously play the whole 2020 season.

Cespedes and Lowrie are partying on a boat with Justin Bieber and Johnny Manziel.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Interestingly, there haven't been any updates on Sex's health condition.

Nada.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    A Reason To Go To The Gym

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Not sure I would deal Ramos. Unlikely youíre gonna get a better option and he wonít bring back much. I would love to sign Chapman, but I doubt thatís going to happen.

As far as Bader goes, I donít think the Cards will sell low on him. He was really good as a rookie and still remains an excellent defensive CF.
    I think Ramos would be sought after by an AL team. Trade him to the White Sox for Kelvin Herrera or something. I see a big trade happening involving some salary, Mets are projected to be at what? 130MM as it stands? Iím sure they can fit something in there as it pertains to Chapman.

Bader definitely wonít be gotten but Iím just a fan of him. Heís the type of player we should target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

How cheap will Lagaras be this offseason?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    I appreciate the Wheteís Waldo reference.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Interestingly, there haven't been any updates on Sex's health condition.

Nada.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Letís talk about sex baby...

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast