Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No point. Marte is not a CF. Might as well keep Nimmo out there if that's who they are targeting. They need a true CFer.
    Martes not a cf?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    Martes not a cf?
    He plays CF but he was a -9 DRS last year in 145 games out there. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That would be a solid option. I really wish the Mets would try and get Ramon Laureano from the A's but Oakland won't move him without asking for an arm and a leg.
    I keep posting this , THE METS HAVE TO STOP TRADING PROSPECTS. I do not know who is available in FA , but I would stick with Nimmo in CF.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    I keep posting this , THE METS HAVE TO STOP TRADING PROSPECTS. I do not know who is available in FA , but I would stick with Nimmo in CF.
    It depends on who you are moving prospects for. The Mets haven't done a good job of finding the right ML pieces to move for.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    I keep posting this , THE METS HAVE TO STOP TRADING PROSPECTS. I do not know who is available in FA , but I would stick with Nimmo in CF

Agreed. I understand trading good prospects for the right piece but we gave up significant prospects for basically garbage. Unfortunately it doesnít seem like Brodie has learned his lesson. His recent comments about the Duaz/Cano trade make it seem like he still thinks it was a great trade for us lol

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    ...Unfortunately it doesnít seem like Brodie has learned his lesson. His recent comments about the Duaz/Cano trade make it seem like he still thinks it was a great trade for us lol
    2019 was a disaster for Diaz and very disappointing for Cano, but BVW is not going to be openly critical of 2 significant players on his roster that will likely be back in 2020 and hopefully able to rebound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ďIt is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.Ē -- Teddy Roosevelt

Yeah, I donít get why fans want the GM or manager to **** on players they currently have on their team?

No GM should call out a player, a Coach is a different situation.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Depends on the player. That might actually motivate certain people. Its the managers job to know that.

Mets should really look into getting an MLB back-up catcher. Sorry, Nido isnít cutting it.

I would love Alex Avila here. Ramos has an injury history and we were fortunate that he was able to stay healthy all season long. Avila is a veteran with a left-handed bat and better defense than Ramos so we can play matchups.

A guy like Suzuki.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Mets should really look into getting an MLB back-up catcher. Sorry, Nido isnít cutting it.

I would love Alex Avila here. Ramos has an injury history and we were fortunate that he was able to stay healthy all season long. Avila is a veteran with a left-handed bat and better defense than Ramos so we can play matchups.
    Two good calls there with Mercado and Avila. I would welcome both of them aboard.

I really like Harrison Bader as a player but Iím not sure the Mets can get him, might be too expensive. Trade Ramos to an AL team for a reliever then sign Avila + Suzuki...go with a platoon at catcher.

Personally, I think we should sign Chapman and a few other solid relievers and leave most of the team alone.

Priority list for me:

Trade Ramos, sign Chapman, find a decent CF, and either buff the bullpen crazy and move Lugo to the rotation or sign a 5th starter and still beef up the pen.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post

Agreed. Good depth is important and you can live with Ramos not being the best defensive catcher if you found a better backup who could be productive when Wilson is sitting. Nido is not that guy.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-06-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    A guy like Suzuki.
    The batís real good, but heís just as bad ó if not worse than Ramos defensively.

He also hasnít really been a backup.

NY Mets offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Two good calls there with Mercado and Avila. I would welcome both of them aboard.

I really like Harrison Bader as a player but Iím not sure the Mets can get him, might be too expensive. Trade Ramos to an AL team for a reliever then sign Avila + Suzuki...go with a platoon at catcher.

Personally, I think we should sign Chapman and a few other solid relievers and leave most of the team alone.

Priority list for me:

Trade Ramos, sign Chapman, find a decent CF, and either buff the bullpen crazy and move Lugo to the rotation or sign a 5th starter and still beef up the pen.
    Not sure I would deal Ramos. Unlikely youíre gonna get a better option and he wonít bring back much. I would love to sign Chapman, but I doubt thatís going to happen.

As far as Bader goes, I donít think the Cards will sell low on him. He was really good as a rookie and still remains an excellent defensive CF.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 10-06-2019 at 11:54 PM.

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast