Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 90 of 109 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1622

NY Mets offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Mets signed Rene Rivera so there is your back up back up.
    Happy with that. Heís better than Nido.

Since 2016 with the Mets, Rivera has a 74 wRC+ and 1.8 WAR in 414 PA.

Nido has a 35 wRC+ and -0.6 WAR in 244 PA.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 01-22-2020 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Happy with that. Heís better than Nido.

Since 2016 with the Mets, Rivera has a 74 wRC+ and 1.8 WAR in 414 PA.

Nido has a 35 wRC+ and -0.6 WAR.
    I would have preferred Russell Martin, but Rene is fine as a back up C. He already has a rapport with many of the Mets pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I would have preferred Russell Martin, but Rene is fine as a back up C. He already has a rapport with many of the Mets pitchers.
    Yeah, I think thatís a big decision and part of the reason why Ramos sucked last year. It takes time to get to know pitchers. The Rene signing and the Rojas hiring tells me that familiarity is important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Lmfaooooo

SNY@SNYtv
    ∑ 18h
    Brodie Van Wagenen is pleased with Jed Lowrie's progress: "We're optimistic of having him participate in a meaningful way in Spring Training games" https://on.sny.tv/b3f7PJu

Meaningful games in March now.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    SNY@SNYtv
    ∑ 18h
    Brodie Van Wagenen is pleased with Jed Lowrie's progress: "We're optimistic of having him participate in a meaningful way in Spring Training games" https://on.sny.tv/b3f7PJu

Its statements like this makes us realize exactly how he got the GM job. Use buzzwords but when using them in front of Jiffy Jeff who has no clue, you can sell him anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    SNY@SNYtv
    ∑ 18h

Cmon, thatís not what he said.

If anything, its directed at the wrong guy anyway. Jeffy boy likes to talk about meaningful games.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-23-2020 at 08:52 PM.

NY Mets offseason

So Lowrie wonít play meaningful games in March?

"We were pleased with his progress on where he's at physically," Van Wagenen said, according to Deesha Thosar of the New York Daily News. "We did some testing to measure his strengths (and) he's progressing to the point where we're optimistic of having him participate in a meaningful way in (Spring Training) games."

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

It was close enough.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

It will be interesting, if Yoenis proves that heís healthy, how the two sides approach playing time in relation to his incentive-laden contract. Could get ugly from a legal POV as well as how the playing time of others (JD, Dom,etc.) is impacted.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    It will be interesting, if Yoenis proves that heís healthy, how the two sides approach playing time in relation to his incentive-laden contract. Could get ugly from a legal POV as well as how the playing time of others (JD, Dom,etc.) is impacted.
    If he's healthy, JD and Dom are SOL. Neither can shine his shoes.

If he's healthy.

If he's healthy, we're talking about one of the most prolific sluggers in all of baseball here, guys. But that's a big IF.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Yeah. Cespedes being healthy is not a problem. It would be an unexpected gift for the Mets. Gives them so many more options.

Page 90 of 109 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast