Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    How much could it have changed in the time that the Mets inquired about Realmuto and by the time they signed Ramos?

I'm not arguing Brodie's timing. As a former agent, he should have known the market has been soft for players in recent years. That said, yeah I believe their leverage diminished as the offseason went on and the Marlins couldn't get nearly the return they hoped for.
    I don't buy the Marlins being that stupid. They could have gotten plenty out of the Mets, but the reports that they asked for what amounts to an impossible haul just don't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I don't buy the Marlins being that stupid. They could have gotten plenty out of the Mets, but the reports that they asked for what amounts to an impossible haul just don't add up.
    Well there was that GM that took Cano and a good portion on his contract to just get a closer.

I'm sure a deal could have been made. The impossible haul could have been the initial response. But you don't close the door there. You negotiate.

Either BVW, being on the receiving end of saying "my client has tons of teams asking about his services" for the first time in his life, may have panicked and nixed the Realmuto trade and went for Ramos.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-betts#slide2

How would you feel about the Mets dealing Matz, Nimmo and Szapucki for Betts?

Why not?
    You are basically trading Nimmo for Betts.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Why not?
    You are basically trading Nimmo for Betts.
    Yeah. My initial reaction was I don't see why the Mets wouldn't do that. However, I wonder if the Sox would. Also, the Mets would be giving up talent for potentially just one year of Betts.

That's a very bad trade for the Red Sox.

NY Mets offseason

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Yeah. My initial reaction was I don't see why the Mets wouldn't do that. However, I wonder if the Sox would. Also, the Mets would be giving up talent for potentially just one year of Betts.
    I wouldn’t make that deal if I were the Mets. We’d just be weakening our SP depth even further and we’d be dealing away 3 years of Nimmo for 1 year of Betts. Not a fan of that deal.

I think the smart move would be to sell high on Conforto and move him and smaller pieces for Betts. Michael is only under control for 2 more seasons and is unlikely to be signed long-term because Boras will try to get him the most $$.

I’d sign Nimmo to a multiple year contract right now while his value is down somewhat. He’s a better bet to take a deal than Conforto and he’s a similar (or even better) player when healthy.

Last 3 years:

Conforto: .257/.363/.492 (129 wRC+), 11.1 fWAR (3.9 fWAR/600 PA)
    Nimmo: .252/.391/.450 (133 wRC+), 7.0 fWAR (4.2 fWAR/600 PA)

Shift Nimmo to RF where he is a much better defensive player than he is in CF.

RF-Nimmo (L)
    CF-Betts (R)
    3B-McNeil (L)
    1B-Alonso (R)
    2B-Cano (L)
    LF-Davis (R)
    C-Ramos (R)
    SS- Rosario (R)
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 10-16-2019 at 05:21 PM.

I hope the Mets pick up Monmouth University's "Brad Bach" option.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

1 guy I hope the Mets look into is former Met Darren O'Day.

1 guy I hope the Mets look into is former Met Darren O'Day.
    Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

I hope the Mets pick up Monmouth University's "Brad Bach" option.
    Brach imo wasn’t properly utilized down the stretch. I also want him back, I believe he can be a good addition to the pen.

Lugo, Brach, Wilson, Diaz, Gsellman, Familia, Kilomé, Drew Smith, and I guess Sewald all have make the potential to make a solid foundation for a bullpen but the Mets need to make some more moves, I think bringing Brach back is a no brainer. He’s better than half of the guys I listed there.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Whilst I’m talking about relievers, I really think we should go hard after Chapman. I don’t know if we will but, we definitely should. Maybe Girardi can entice him

In all seriousness, if that doesn’t work then I would go hard after Will Smith...having two good lefties would definitely work out nicely for this team.

Aside from that, just looking off of the FA, I would go after guys like Sergio Romo, Joe Smith, Vizcaino, Rosenthal, McHugh, O’Day, Nicasio, Petit (if he becomes a FA) and Daniel Hudson (especially him)

In terms of trading, I would look at Soria, Brad Hand, LeClerc, Givens, and Archie Bradley.

IMO Mets need to get at least two of the guys I mentioned, maybe even three. If not somebody I mentioned, somebody equally as good that I simply forgot, whatever.

I would say there’s probably a good 6-7 additions that BVW can make to this roster.

The offense is set, maybe find a starter - unless we put Lugo in the rotation (which I’d prefer)

sign a few guys like Billy Hamilton and Brock Holt to provide more depth,(preferably a righty bat for that positon)

A new catcher would be nice but I don’t see that happening, Grandal then trading Ramos for a reliever would be cool.

The Mets can win next year, just improve the bullpen and defense.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-betts#slide2

How would you feel about the Mets dealing Matz, Nimmo and Szapucki for Betts?
    Leaves you think on the rotation.

With Betts probably looking to get paid, how many teams will give up a lot for a one year rental?

I would love Will Harris on the Mets.

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast