Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 91 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    This is my understanding about the Cohen purchase of the Mets. He will immediately gain more than 50% of the team and will eventually have 80% control. That means to me he can set spending budget immediately. The Wilpon's will have their titles but I think Cohen can override them. I think the reason they still have those titles is because they would not agree to sale unless they were kept on. I don't know this for a fact it is just opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by flfan1943 View Post
    This is my understanding about the Cohen purchase of the Mets. He will immediately gain more than 50% of the team and will eventually have 80% control. That means to me he can set spending budget immediately. The Wilpon's will have their titles but I think Cohen can override them. I think the reason they still have those titles is because they would not agree to sale unless they were kept on. I don't know this for a fact it is just opinion.
    As long as its not their money the Wilpons probably wont get in the way of spending if Cohen is indeed gets 50% right away. I have a feeling its gonna take until next offseason for us to really see the change though

cant wait to get Kelenic back in free agency! #INCOHENWETRUST

Even if we do get Betts, it would have been nice to have Kelenic as a Conforto-replacement. Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I bet he keeps his 3s back as late as possible.
    So you're the guy who freezes the deck with a handful of wild cards and black 3's you sonofa*****.

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    This guy could be the 2nd coming of George Steinbrenner, lol.
    Steinbrenner bought the Yankees for peanuts and turned them into an empire. Cohen owns an empire and bought himself an expensive toy with it. Apples and oranges.

This offseason will suck but next off-season is when we will start to see the big spending. Specially when a lot of money is coming off the books.

PAY ME!!!!

I'm thinking they were finally told to find someone to sell the team to. So they did to a friend, then just couldn't let go because of ego so forced him to keep their titles so they wouldn't get laughed out of the stadium.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Speaking of Forbes, writer Mike Ozanian believes Cohen will take over immediately after being approved as he “would own a tad over 50%”. Ozanian added, “Cohen isn’t going to pay more than $2 billion to sit on his hands for five years and potentially watch things get worse.”
    A Reason To Go To The Gym

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Did we sign Cole and Rendon yet?
    HA! I was planning to make the same post

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Even if we do get Betts, it would have been nice to have Kelenic as a Conforto-replacement. Oh well
    Some of you are hilarious. Dude has 83 at bats above A ball and he's already certain to be better than Conforto? It's like you've never seen a prospect bust before. There's plenty every year and there's a good chance he's not the perennial all star some are already tagging him as.

I get, you're just angry it appears we made an awful trade of a highly ranked prospect, but let's at least see what the kid does before we continue crying over this trade. He could end up as nothing, like tons of these high-end prospects do.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Some of you are hilarious. Dude has 83 at bats above A ball and he's already certain to be better than Conforto? It's like you've never seen a prospect bust before. There's plenty every year and there's a good chance he's not the perennial all star some are already tagging him as.

I get, you're just angry it appears we made an awful trade of a highly ranked prospect, but let's at least see what the kid does before we continue crying over this trade. He could end up as nothing, like tons of these high-end prospects do.
    You cant blame fans for still being pissed at that trade...it really made no sense to make. Obviously i didnt it would turn out this bad but i never liked it. First of all taking on a huge contract of 36 year PED user was terrible. Not only did we take's Brodie's client's albatross of a contract we also traded our top 2 prospects lol. Even worse we nearly included McNeil in the deal. If Brodie was smart he would have realized that McNeil at 2nd base was perfect. Yes I understand Diaz was te crown jewel of the trade and yes he had a dominant 2018 BUT as we have seen relievers can be incredibly unpredictable as we saw. Plus ive never been a supporter of trading a kings ransom for a reliever/closer UNLESS maybe Mariano in his prime or something. Yes I agree Kelenic could be a bust BUT it was still an awful trade to make. Now we have financial constraints because of Cano's bloated contracts, that another reason why its so awful. Plus I'm not confident Diaz is just gonna bounce back. If he just had an average year I'd be more confident but he had a god awful year and was a maor reason we didn't make the playoffs. plus he looked absolutey terrified out there...which is not a good sign. So yeah I agree we don't know what Kelenic will turn out to be but it was still a stupid trade to make regardless for many other reasons

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    You cant blame fans for still being pissed at that trade...it really made no sense to make. Obviously i didnt it would turn out this bad but i never liked it. First of all taking on a huge contract of 36 year PED user was terrible. Not only did we take's Brodie's client's albatross of a contract we also traded our top 2 prospects lol. Even worse we nearly included McNeil in the deal. If Brodie was smart he would have realized that McNeil at 2nd base was perfect. Yes I understand Diaz was te crown jewel of the trade and yes he had a dominant 2018 BUT as we have seen relievers can be incredibly unpredictable as we saw. Plus ive never been a supporter of trading a kings ransom for a reliever/closer UNLESS maybe Mariano in his prime or something. Yes I agree Kelenic could be a bust BUT it was still an awful trade to make. Now we have financial constraints because of Cano's bloated contracts, that another reason why its so awful. Plus I'm not confident Diaz is just gonna bounce back. If he just had an average year I'd be more confident but he had a god awful year and was a maor reason we didn't make the playoffs. plus he looked absolutey terrified out there...which is not a good sign. So yeah I agree we don't know what Kelenic will turn out to be but it was still a stupid trade to make regardless for many other reasons
    I hated this deal the second I heard we were picking up 36-year-old-Cano and taking on 5 years and $100 million of his contract. Then I was told, ok, but we're getting the greatest relief pitcher who ever lived, maybe, in Edwin Diaz, so maybe it won't be so bad. But then I heard we even threw in a few minor leaguers to boot. And I was like, WTF?????

This was before Edwin Diaz turned out to be worse than Dale Murray.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I hated this deal the second I heard we were picking up 36-year-old-Cano and taking on 5 years and $100 million of his contract. Then I was told, ok, but we're getting the greatest relief pitcher who ever lived, maybe, in Edwin Diaz, so maybe it won't be so bad. But then I heard we even threw in a few minor leaguers to boot. And I was like, WTF?????

This was before Edwin Diaz turned out to be worse than Dale Murray.
    Shhh, BVW may hear you and sign Dale Murray for a minor league deal and insert him into the bullpen.

Is Dale Murray still around?

Page 50 of 91 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast