Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 782
  1. #481
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Flushing, 10/16/69
    Posts
    1,612
    It's amazing how so many of the challenges posed in the trade, bench, play thread go away when Cano is eliminated from the equation. I know he is not washed up and it's unlikely that Brodie will dump or bench that kind of salary, and also his (even one-year) resurrection is critical to Brodie's legacy and ego. But if there was any way to move him we would be able to keep our youth and find more suitable (less forced) positions and reps for the likes of Davis, Nimmo, Dom, etc., and even find a CFer. To make all of that work will take numerous moves. Or get rid of Cano.

  2. #482
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,370
    Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    It's amazing how so many of the challenges posed in the trade, bench, play thread go away when Cano is eliminated from the equation. I know he is not washed up and it's unlikely that Brodie will dump or bench that kind of salary, and also his (even one-year) resurrection is critical to Brodie's legacy and ego. But if there was any way to move him we would be able to keep our youth and find more suitable (less forced) positions and reps for the likes of Davis, Nimmo, Dom, etc., and even find a CFer. To make all of that work will take numerous moves. Or get rid of Cano.
    I cant disagree with you. I always hated the move to bring him here. lets be honest he is here mainly because Brodie was/is his agent. I mean even the dumbest GM would recognize taking on a big contract of a 36 year old player AND giving up two of your best prospects for a relief pitcher(doesn't matter how good Diaz was in 2018) was probably as dumb of a move as we will ever see. In 2004 I thought the Kazmir trade was the dumbest I have ever seen but this one passed it by lol. What makes it worse is that he could of simply kept McNeil(who by the way he almost traded to Seattle too) and 2nd base we would have been better off.

  3. #483
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    35,253
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    It's 4 months! That's a third of a year. And chances are, you don't even wear a hat, so what are you worrying about hanging it? Dude, it's November and you're already writing him off. You're chillier than the pending winter. What if??? What if he he can get healthy by soring training and has one more good year left in him?

    You're no fun.
    Hard for me to think a guy who has been out of baseball for so long is ready to be a regular contributor again when all he has had is constant leg issues. Until he's running with some regularity and isn't getting injured doing it, I can't really buy into Cespedes. It's not about fun. I'm trying to be realistic. Penciling him in to be a productive everyday player is fool's gold. He may be that but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-20-2019 at 02:37 PM.

  4. #484
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Flushing, 10/16/69
    Posts
    1,612
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Hard for me to think a guy who has been out of baseball for so long is ready to be a regular contributor again when all he has had is constant leg issues. Until he's running with some regularity and isn't getting injured doing it, I can't really buy into Cespedes. It's not about fun. I'm trying to be realistic. Penciling him in to be a productive everyday player is fool's gold. He may be that but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.
    If Cespedes is available for even part time LF/PH duty the guy that stands to lose the most reps is JD Davis. I'd hate to see Davis pushed out for the possibility of a handful of starts/ABs by a mega-salaried, oft-injured guy in his walk (hobble) year.

  5. #485
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,228
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Hard for me to think a guy who has been out of baseball for so long is ready to be a regular contributor again when all he has had is constant leg issues. Until he's running with some regularity and isn't getting injured doing it, I can't really buy into Cespedes. It's not about fun. I'm trying to be realistic. Penciling him in to be a productive everyday player is fool's gold. He may be that but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.
    What about 90-100 games out of Cespedes? If physically healed, he should be able to play

    That should give Conforto, Nimmo, and JD about 130 games each which should be perfect

  6. #486
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,748
    Cespedes isnít going to do anything. And if he does it is gravy - not something any reasonable team would count on.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Don't worry. He's got this.

  7. #487
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    35,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    What about 90-100 games out of Cespedes? If physically healed, he should be able to play

    That should give Conforto, Nimmo, and JD about 130 games each which should be perfect
    Would be great but there are so many factors whether its age related regression, how those injuries may have depreciated his skills, if he can stay healthy going forward, etc. Like Gotta said, anything you get from Yoenis is gravy.

    Maybe he does come back and play at a higher level but he has to prove it first. I do think he can still hit but will his legs hold up enough to play 90-100 games?

  8. #488
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    35,253
    The Met offseason is already pissing me off when I see the Dodgers will actively pursue Rendon and the Yankees are willing to eat 26 million dollars to get an unproductive player off their roster.

    Meanwhile this team will be lucky to get a couple of RP.

  9. #489
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,228
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Met offseason is already pissing me off when I see the Dodgers will actively pursue Rendon and the Yankees are willing to eat 26 million dollars to get an unproductive player off their roster.

    Meanwhile this team will be lucky to get a couple of RP.
    About the same as usual

  10. #490
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,283
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Cespedes isnít going to do anything. And if he does it is gravy - not something any reasonable team would count on.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wrong. Heís in a contract year. Perfect example of laziness rising to the occasion just for the pay day. Glad it wonít be with the Mets. Or is Brodie THAT dumb?

  11. #491
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    13,017
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Hard for me to think a guy who has been out of baseball for so long is ready to be a regular contributor again when all he has had is constant leg issues. Until he's running with some regularity and isn't getting injured doing it, I can't really buy into Cespedes. It's not about fun. I'm trying to be realistic. Penciling him in to be a productive everyday player is fool's gold. He may be that but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.
    Whether he'll be ready in time is a question, but even if he is, I have zero faith that he'll remain healthy. Don't expect anything more than a cameo from Ces.

  12. #492
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    Wrong. Heís in a contract year. Perfect example of laziness rising to the occasion just for the pay day. Glad it wonít be with the Mets. Or is Brodie THAT dumb?
    As we have already seen when it comes to brodie's clients he will overpay to keep them Mets no matter how old or hobbled they are lol

  13. #493
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    45,253
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Whether he'll be ready in time is a question, but even if he is, I have zero faith that he'll remain healthy. Don't expect anything more than a cameo from Ces.
    Ces can do amazing things when he's motivated. Unlike last year, there's a contract to play for now.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

  14. #494
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    13,017
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Ces can do amazing things when he's motivated. Unlike last year, there's a contract to play for now.
    This has nothing to do with motivation. His body just won't hold up. I hope that changes this year, but I doubt it will.

  15. #495
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    48,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    About the same as usual
    That's not true, they are getting comeback seasons from Familia & Diaz.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •