Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who moves onto the NLCS?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • St. Louis Cardinals

    5 71.43%
  • Atlanta Braves

    2 28.57%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 125
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    44,447
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    This hypersensitivity over bat flips and watching homers is getting absurd.
    I dont usually go here but there are sure instances that deserve it. This is one.

    It's the Yadi Way that has rubbed off on his teammates. The dude thinks hes an enforcer of the right way to play. He acts like such a little baby out there but a wannabe gangster at the same time.

    Respect you as a veteran? So it's only cool to pimp home runs off of rookies and young players? Stfu you tool. And Twitter has already beat me to it but this is a guy who has NO issue celebrating a big K or big out when he records it. Its pathetic.
    Last edited by WOwolfOL; 10-04-2019 at 01:52 PM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I dont usually go here but there are sure instances that deserve it. This is one.

    It's the Yadi Way that has rubbed off on his teammates. The dude thinks hes an enforcer of the right way to play. He acts like such a little baby out there but a wannabe gangster at the same time.

    Respect you as a veteran? So it's only cool to pimp home runs off of rookies and young players? Stfu you tool. And Twitter has already beat me to it but this is a guy who has NO issue celebrating a big K or big out when he records it. Its pathetic.
    He has had a great career and has put himself in position to be the leader in the Cardinals clubhouse for a long time. I think if you're a cardinals fan, you love him, and are sure he is a future hall of famer. If you're not a cardinals fan, then you probably think he's obnoxious, and while he's been a good player, maybe not hall of fame caliber.

    The one thing that has been consistent throughout his career, is that HE thinks he knows more about how to play the game than everyone else...his reactions on the field, comments to or about players on other teams, tension between he and his own manager, etc. The older he gets, that's all he has left. He is a first class douche.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    56,732
    Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Braves got screwed over by awful luck. Martin is likely out for the series and him getting injured caused them to use Luke Jackson since they had already burned Shane Greene.
    Kind of like the sort of bad luck where the Cards hit every thing hard all game and kept hitting into outs?

    They had like 12 balls hit over 100 MPH, and had like 2 hits off them (I'd have to go back and look)

    Luck swings both ways, Cards don't have their closer the rest of the year. Every team deals with that.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    56,732
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I dont usually go here but there are sure instances that deserve it. This is one.

    It's the Yadi Way that has rubbed off on his teammates. The dude thinks hes an enforcer of the right way to play. He acts like such a little baby out there but a wannabe gangster at the same time.

    Respect you as a veteran? So it's only cool to pimp home runs off of rookies and young players? Stfu you tool. And Twitter has already beat me to it but this is a guy who has NO issue celebrating a big K or big out when he records it. Its pathetic.
    Fully agreed, on all accounts.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    56,732
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    He has had a great career and has put himself in position to be the leader in the Cardinals clubhouse for a long time. I think if you're a cardinals fan, you love him, and are sure he is a future hall of famer. If you're not a cardinals fan, then you probably think he's obnoxious, and while he's been a good player, maybe not hall of fame caliber.

    The one thing that has been consistent throughout his career, is that HE thinks he knows more about how to play the game than everyone else...his reactions on the field, comments to or about players on other teams, tension between he and his own manager, etc. The older he gets, that's all he has left. He is a first class douche.
    Cards fan here, I think he's a borderline Hall of Famer, and I think he's obnoxious. Not all Cards fans love him. I agree on all of your opinions on him.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    43,850
    I liked his older brother Bengie a decent amount for most his run as a Giant. Have never liked Yadier at all despite super respecting his catching skills.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    43,850
    Let's see if trash bag Melancon can possibly get it done today....

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    33,031
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I liked his older brother Bengie a decent amount for most his run as a Giant. Have never liked Yadier at all despite super respecting his catching skills.
    Jose was easily the best of the bunch.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    4,517
    Cards have Yadi, the Braves have Brian McCann. Two guys who think they are the gatekeepers of playing baseball the right way. So I wonder what McCann thinks of Acuna situation.

    But Yadi is a tool. This dude try to start a brawl against "playing out the string" Cubs team because the barely barely grazed him. Yadi is a HOF at being a tool.
    Screw sabermetics.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Golden 1 Center
    Posts
    82,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Kind of like the sort of bad luck where the Cards hit every thing hard all game and kept hitting into outs?

    They had like 12 balls hit over 100 MPH, and had like 2 hits off them (I'd have to go back and look)

    Luck swings both ways, Cards don't have their closer the rest of the year. Every team deals with that.
    Hicks has been out all season and they have had plenty of time to prepare for this series. Martin gets hurt in warmups and left the Braves no time to figure it out.


    Fire Luke Walton


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,788
    Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Hicks has been out all season and they have had plenty of time to prepare for this series. Martin gets hurt in warmups and left the Braves no time to figure it out.
    **** happens..

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Golden 1 Center
    Posts
    82,088
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    **** happens..
    Unlucky ****.

    I do acknowledge that both teams have faced/are facing adversity. I just focused on the Martin situation because it was most salient at the time.


    Fire Luke Walton


  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    16,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Also ignoring how Carlos himself was attempting to pose on potential third strike calls.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,788
    Carlos Martinez is a basket case.. Dude has all the talent in the world but hes too stupid to figure out how to put it all together..

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    56,732
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Carlos Martinez is a basket case.. Dude has all the talent in the world but hes too stupid to figure out how to put it all together..
    Which is kind of incredible considering the history of talented but stupid players who did put it together.

    He has to have an IQ below 90

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •