Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Browns (2-2) @ 49ers (3-0)

Gonna be a telling game under the big lights. Browns have some good players on both sides. Team needs to be ready. Protect the damn ball. I forsee a short/quick passing gameplan to avoid extended Garrett vs Skule matchups.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Gonna be a telling game under the big lights. Browns have some good players on both sides. Team needs to be ready. Protect the damn ball. I forsee a short/quick passing gameplan to avoid extended Garrett vs Skule matchups.
    Agreed. This has the potential to be a difficult matchup. Not only do we need to cut down on the turnovers, but the offensive penalties too. Need to stay calm and play a much more disciplined brand of football.

The Browns have the weapons on the defensive side to force more mistakes and the weapons on the offensive side to make it difficult to get back in it if we fall behind early.

I also see a lot short routes and quick passes
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”

- Carl Sagan

The Browns have concentration issues.

This should be a big win. Witherspoon missing the game hurts.

I'd feel a lot more confident if we were healthy. But, their two best players(Garrett,OBJ) will be matched up against the replacements for Staley and Ahkello. Still a winnable game, at home but Shanny and Saleh will have to scheme some help for Skule and whoever plays CB. I know Shanny said Mosely is the favorite but I wouldn't be surprised if they give Verrett another shot or Ward a chance to win the role.

''Sig by Johnle''

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    I'd feel a lot more confident if we were healthy. But, their two best players(Garrett,OBJ) will be matched up against the replacements for Staley and Ahkello. Still a winnable game, at home but Shanny and Saleh will have to scheme some help for Skule and whoever plays CB. I know Shanny said Mosely is the favorite but I wouldn't be surprised if they give Verrett another shot or Ward a chance to win the role.
    I simultaneously like and am scared shitless by the prospect of Varrett covering OBJ. He’s got the potential to frustrate and lock him down, but he also has been known to give up big plays and OBJ, obviously, is one of the league’s most explosive players
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”

- Carl Sagan

So much for that prospect. Varrett and Hurd on IR.

- Carl Sagan

This FO has to stop relying on injury prone players at key positions. Our primary backup CB shouldn't have been a guy that hasn't played in 3 years, and using a 3rd round pick on another injury prone player where a significant contributor shouldve been added were both mistakes.

I'd put Ward at CB, if/when Mosely struggles. He's the best option. Moore has taken some bad angles at FS, most notably the JuJu play, but the fact that we haven't really gotten beat deep is a credit to him imo. He isn't making many plays yet but I think that will come with reps, he has been solid, no need to bench him for Ward.

Drafting a player with an injury history has worked out countless times. Varrett was more of a risk, but what bugs me is that they should have cut bait when Varrett couldn't get healthy before the last cut down day.

Big game this week against Browns.
    They’ve played chuds, but you come out hot on MNF and then the Rams.
    Then....I’ll know where we stand

Show blitz but bring it from different places with zone and creeper blitzes. Keep Mayfield guessing and it should be fairly easy to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Show blitz but bring it from different places with zone and creeper blitzes. Keep Mayfield guessing and it should be fairly easy to win.
    We don't blitz much. We have one of the lowest blitz rates in the NFL. We have been getting to the QB rushing four. That'll continue this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    We don't blitz much. We have one of the lowest blitz rates in the NFL. We have been getting to the QB rushing four. That'll continue this week.
    I said SHOW blitz. Mayfield has struggled against 4 man rushes when they move the 4th man around. Show blitz then drop a DL into the short zone and send a DB or LB.

One shot, one kill.

Great start!

Yaaaaaasssss!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast