Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

So are the Rays playing half in Montreal ?

Haven't seen anything more about this proposed move. Anybody heard anything ? Maybe they are waiting until after the WS to say more ? Seems like baseball would have to give the players time to find housing or would the team put up the players in hotels ? Plus the visiting teams would have to book flights and hotels. A lot has to happen for this to work. Which I hope it does.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Iíve heard rumors as recently as yesterday about them moving to Nashville.

Threats of the Aís moving too spins everything out of control including the ridiculous talks of expansion. Nashville being one of the cities stated there.

There are also issues of the Angels, Diamondbacks, and Toronto all threatening to move if not given the deal of a lifetime in regards to a new stadium. Who would have thought a beautiful stadium such as the BOB would be considered not good enough? But then we had The Ballpark and Turner Field all show otherwise.

The bottom line is who knows what is happening with the Rays because the whole league seems up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by JenrasGomes View Post
    Iíve only just recently gotten into baseball (mainly because if the Astros win the World Series my new couch is free) after years of being just a religiously devoted football fan. I recently read somewhere that the home team for the World Series is decided by which conference (or at least thatís what itís NFL equivalent is) wins the All-Star game. That seems a little strange to me, because would that mean players who arenít even playing on either of the final teams would help decide gets the home field advantage? Iím probably missing something here, but wouldnít it make more sense to have the game played at a neutral location instead of a certain teamís home stadium? Thatís what they do in the NFL, at least.
    'Tis not the case any longer. HFA is determined by which team had more wins in the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by JenrasGomes View Post
    Iíve only just recently gotten into baseball (mainly because if the Astros win the World Series my new couch is free) after years of being just a religiously devoted football fan. I recently read somewhere that the home team for the World Series is decided by which conference (or at least thatís what itís NFL equivalent is) wins the All-Star game. That seems a little strange to me, because would that mean players who arenít even playing on either of the final teams would help decide gets the home field advantage? Iím probably missing something here, but wouldnít it make more sense to have the game played at a neutral location instead of a certain teamís home stadium? Thatís what they do in the NFL, at least.
    The All-Star Game determined home field advantage from 2003-2016. As spliff said, now the team with the most regular season wins is awarded home field advantage. Each team is given at least two home World Series games, and more if necessary. The series goes 2-3-2.