Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: QB Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by ortforshort View Post
    So far, Houston has floundered under Watson. Not that he's responsible for that, he's good. On the other hand, the fact remains that they've floundered.

If you remember the old baseball manager, Billy Martin. Mayfield appears to be one of those. Martin, time and again, took floundering baseball teams and made them contenders. The downside was that his act wore out after a couple of years and he kept getting fired once he wore out his welcome. Mayfield looks to me like a Billy Martin type. After years of doing nothing, he's exactly what Cleveland needs right now. It will be interesting to see how things go for him in the long run.
    LMAO. Houston won 11 and the division last year, including a 9-0 run after an 0-3 start. This is with Watson coming off a serious injury and teams having film on him. They could be 3-1right now if not for the almost 60 yard last second fg by the saints. Lets see how Baker does when teams have an off-season to study him. So far teams are getting the better off him arguably more vs. him of them.

Baker is getting hype and his cocky personality attracts people for whatever reason. That's why people are falling more for an illusion vs. the on field play. Watson has been better in clutch situations vs. Baker in close games/4th quarters so far in their careers. Baker is a hollywood and marketable type media darling, and people fall for his personality more then his play on the field.

Mayfield vs Watson

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    LMAO. Houston won 11 and the division last year, including a 9-0 run after an 0-3 start. This is with Watson coming off a serious injury and teams having film on him. They could be 3-1right now if not for the almost 60 yard last second fg by the saints. Lets see how Baker does when teams have an off-season to study him. So far teams are getting the better off him arguably more vs. him of them.

Baker is getting hype and his cocky personality attracts people for whatever reason. That's why people are falling more for an illusion vs. the on field play. Watson has been better in clutch situations vs. Baker in close games/4th quarters so far in their careers. Baker is a hollywood and marketable type media darling, and people fall for his personality more then his play on the field.
    Two good games coming up this week just got more interesting for me. Houston at Atlanta and Monday night 49ers against Cleveland. Let's see how they do.

3. 10-02-2019, 08:08 PM
    Reason
    Do not spam this across multiple forums - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Watson is a different kind of leader (Quiet and Humble like Tim Duncan, Troy Polamalu types) and he is loved by his mates and organization.

Mayfields personality is media friendly cause he likes to stir the pot. Mayfield is more hype vs. substance. Many people/fans people gravitate towards his brashness. People can also gravitate to the guy who is the strong silent type, that leads by example.

What kind of light do you want under the team? Both franchises are 2-2.
    zero wins to 7 wins and rookie TD record.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quarterback Ratings

veterans:

1 - Aaron Rodgers GB 35
    2 - Tom Brady NE 42
    3 - Drew Brees NO 40
    4 - Andrew Luck Ind 29
    5 - Russell Wilson Sea 30

6 - Philip Rivers LAC 37
    7 - Ben Roethlisberger Pitts 37
    8 - Matt Ryan Atl 34
    9 - Mathew Stafford Det 31
    10 - Jimmy Garopollo SF 27

11 - Derek Carr Oak 28
    12 - Nick Foles Jacks 30
    13 - Cam Newton Car 30
    14 - Kirk Cousins Minn 31
    15 - Eli Manning Giants 37
    16 - Kase Keenum Wash 31
    17 - Ryan FitzPatrick Miami 36
    18 - Joe Flacco Den 34
    19 - Andy Dalton Cin 31
    20 - Alex Smith Wash 35
    Seems to be very dated here. Luck being listed at all, Carr being listed high. Smith being at the bottom. Garoppolo too high.

Hard to justify the gap for Ryan and Stafford over Newton, Eli and Flacco. They've all had ups and downs, but the later 3 had higher peaks from MVP and SB MVP type perspectives.

I guess age 27 is the arbitrary cutoff to put Garoppolo in the vets despite starting fewer games than several of the youth? Spelled Case wrong, Matthew wrong, Garoppolo wrong - how well researched could the rest possibly be?

Youth:

1 - Pat Mahomes KC 24
    2 - Carson Wentz Phila 26
    3 - Baker Mayfield Cleve 24
    4 - DeShaun Watson Hou 24
    5 - Dak Prescott Dall 26

6 - Sam Darnold Jets 22
    7 - Daniel Jones Giants 22
    8 - Kyler Murray AZ 22
    9 - Jared Goff LAR 24
    10 - Teddy Bridgewater NO 26

11 - Gardner Minshew Jacks 23
    12 - Lamar Jackson Balt 22
    13 - Marcus Mariota Tenn 25
    14 - Mitchell Trubisky Chic 25
    15 - Mason Rudolph Pitts 24
    16 - Josh Rosen Mia 22
    17 - Josh Allen Buff 23
    18 - Dwayne Haskins Wash 22
    19 - Kyle Allen Car 23
    20 - Jameis Winston TB 25
    Nothing to support having Daniel Jones over Gardner Minshew here other than draft #. Same with Kyle Allen, really. While I'm not looking to for my team to get Mariota or Winston, they've both proven more than Darnold and Murray. Mayfield and Watson are certainly too high. Watson can't get much done besides getting sacked without an elite o-line so far. While Goff had one good year, if the claims about his inability to read defenses is true, he's last on the list. Let's have Rudolph get past 2 air yards per throw before claiming he can play QB at an NFL level.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

2020:
    Dak: 1188 @ 67.1%, 8.3 per att, 5 TD, 2 (1.4%) INT, 98.5 Rate 76.7 QBR
    Wentz: 737 @ 59.8%, 5.6 per att, 3 TD, 6 INT (4.5%), 63.9 Rate 35.5 QBR

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Thanks for your input

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Seems to be very dated here. Luck being listed at all, Carr being listed high. Smith being at the bottom. Garoppolo too high.

Hard to justify the gap for Ryan and Stafford over Newton, Eli and Flacco. They've all had ups and downs, but the later 3 had higher peaks from MVP and SB MVP type perspectives.

I guess age 27 is the arbitrary cutoff to put Garoppolo in the vets despite starting fewer games than several of the youth? Spelled Case wrong, Matthew wrong, Garoppolo wrong - how well researched could the rest possibly be?

Nothing to support having Daniel Jones over Gardner Minshew here other than draft #. Same with Kyle Allen, really. While I'm not looking to for my team to get Mariota or Winston, they've both proven more than Darnold and Murray. Mayfield and Watson are certainly too high. Watson can't get much done besides getting sacked without an elite o-line so far. While Goff had one good year, if the claims about his inability to read defenses is true, he's last on the list. Let's have Rudolph get past 2 air yards per throw before claiming he can play QB at an NFL level.
    You make a lot of good points.
    And you are correct, I separated by age. 27 is not youth no matter how few games played

Luck is in there because he's still the fourth best qb on the planet (5th if you include Mahomes)
    Smith is still potentially slated to come back to Washington next year - but in what shape?
    Carr is better than people think and the Raiders performance so far is showing that
    Garoppolo (he should really spell his name differently) may be too low, if anything, we'll find out

As far as the young guys, after the first five, it's a crapshoot. I'm going by who I think is best at the moment. Guys like Mariota and Winston have proven something - just not sure what that something is. I think Jones and Minshew are both pretty good. And you are correct, 6th overall pick vs. sixth round pick did sway me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post

there IS a pretty sizable gap between stafford and eli, cam, and flacco.

I know stats arent everything, but they're pretty telling.

the three of them combined have as many 90+ passer rating seasons as stafford despite playing a combined 24 more seasons.

they are also all FAR more turnover prone that stafford despite stafford being asked to pass more than anyone in the league. stafford has actually been great with ints, averaging only about 11 per season the last 6 seasons, the other three combined have 1 season the last 6 years where they threw less than 13 ints.

all this while stafford has had SIGNIFICANTLY worse teams around him than the other three, he's consistantly had one of the worst run games his entire career, and outside of 1 or 2 years never had anything better than an average D

stafford is probably the most underrated passer in the nfl at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    there IS a pretty sizable gap between stafford and eli, cam, and flacco.

I know stats arent everything, but they're pretty telling.

the three of them combined have as many 90+ passer rating seasons as stafford despite playing a combined 24 more seasons.

they are also all FAR more turnover prone that stafford despite stafford being asked to pass more than anyone in the league. stafford has actually been great with ints, averaging only about 11 per season the last 6 seasons, the other three combined have 1 season the last 6 years where they threw less than 13 ints.

all this while stafford has had SIGNIFICANTLY worse teams around him than the other three, he's consistantly had one of the worst run games his entire career, and outside of 1 or 2 years never had anything better than an average D

stafford is probably the most underrated passer in the nfl at this point.
    Stafford is always underrated until he has one of those big stat seasons, then he overnight becomes really overrated. I've always liked Stafford he's not in most people's top 10s very often.

Also everyone seems to be sleeping on a banged up Cam quite a bit. The last time he was remotely healthy (first 11ish games of 2018) he was playing at a comparable rate to 2015. If he comes back and is 85% healthy hes easily in the top 10.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

I concede

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    That's not exactly a knock on Wilson lol. And no, an unretired Luck would have to earn his place again. He'd be just outside of the top 10 imo.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    After last night's game, I concede. We're moving Wilson up to #3. I'm not crazy about QB's running around in their thirties, but Wilson's just too good. That TD pass to Lockett was something else.

Goff stays where he is at #9 on the youth side. I wouldn't have paid him what the Rams did, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Stafford is always underrated until he has one of those big stat seasons, then he overnight becomes really overrated. I've always liked Stafford he's not in most people's top 10s very often.

Also everyone seems to be sleeping on a banged up Cam quite a bit. The last time he was remotely healthy (first 11ish games of 2018) he was playing at a comparable rate to 2015. If he comes back and is 85% healthy hes easily in the top 10.
    Stafford is about 5% above average and has a miserable record vs .500+ teams. Never has been top 10, never will be.
    I am not a con artist! I am a businessman! I have a big brain and I'm good at making deals! People are just jealous of my BIG BRAIN! BAD!

Guess who? The future X-Presdent...

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Stafford is about 5% above average and has a miserable record vs .500+ teams. Never has been top 10, never will be.
    Record is a team stat.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Record is a team stat.
    Patriot fans will never understand that.

I concede on Watson

Two good games coming up this week just got more interesting for me. Houston at Atlanta and Monday night 49ers against Cleveland. Let's see how they do.
    Watson moves ahead to #3 ahead of Mayfield - I'm convinced, Watson is really good.
    Mayfield would have to be spectacular tonite to possibly take #3 back

Kyle Allen is the first QB since Kurt Warner to go 4-0 through his first 4 games

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Kyle Allen is the first QB since Kurt Warner to go 4-0 through his first 4 games
    Russ better watch out, there's a new GOAT in town..

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Revised Ratings After Sunday's Games

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Quarterback Ratings

veterans:

1 - Aaron Rodgers GB 35
    2 - Tom Brady NE 42
    3 - Russell Wilson Sea 30 +2
    4 - Drew Brees NO 40 -1
    5 - Andrew Luck Ind 29 -1

6 - Philip Rivers LAC 37
    7 - Ben Roethlisberger Pitts 37
    8 - Matt Ryan Atl 34
    9 - Mathew Stafford Det 31
    10 - Jimmy Garopollo SF 27