Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: QB Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Acting like anyone takes this defense 3 weeks ago (prior to getting guys back) is funny.

Nobody is taking miles sanders and Bart Scott. Silly.

Nobody is taking the OL without Johnson/Brooks. Silly.

Nobody is comparing drops. Silly, yet Mtm loves to leave out the context but thatís normal. Silly.
    So teams deal with injuries or only the eagles? much like teams deal with drops even more than the eagles but youd have us believe only the eagles do... it gets old... its excuse after excuse for lackluster **** play by your QB who hell i defend but still should be better even if he is handicapped by the coaching... you wanna be a top QB then drops/injuries be damed... brady/brees/rodgers/rivers/ben/etc have dealt with the same **** in their 900 year career but the way the excuses fly for the eagles since the mcnabb days while ignoring the Defense/Te/Runningbacks and so on down the list is laughable and silly... only eagles drop balls/have injuries etc... just stop.... Every philly sports show that is what they start with... lets ignore the defense/TE play/special teams etc and welp they have no weapons... holy ****

it started with mcnabb... mcnabb never had weapons but he only had a 3 headed monster and the 2nd best all around running back in the sport and a top defense year after year and the best offensive coach in the sport... my god wtf else do you guys want? you do realize there is a cap in this sport right?

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    So teams deal with injuries or only the eagles? much like teams deal with drops even more than the eagles but youd have us believe only the eagles do... it gets old... its excuse after excuse for lackluster **** play by your QB who hell i defend but still should be better even if he is handicapped by the coaching... you wanna be a top QB then drops/injuries be damed... brady/brees/rodgers/rivers/ben/etc have dealt with the same **** in their 900 year career but the way the excuses fly for the eagles since the mcnabb days while ignoring the Defense/Te/Runningbacks and so on down the list is laughable and silly... only eagles drop balls/have injuries etc... just stop.... Every philly sports show that is what they start with... lets ignore the defense/TE play/special teams etc and welp they have no weapons... holy ****

it started with mcnabb... mcnabb never had weapons but he only had a 3 headed monster and the 2nd best all around running back in the sport and a top defense year after year and the best offensive coach in the sport... my god wtf else do you guys want? you do realize there is a cap in this sport right?
    Youíre twisting arguments.

I like the roster we have.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

It's kind of like with Aaron Rodgers where some people always complain about lack of defense, run game, weapons even though he has had a Top 10 OL for pretty much forever.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    It's kind of like with Aaron Rodgers where some people always complain about lack of defense, run game, weapons even though he has had a Top 10 OL for pretty much forever.
    its pretty much proven at this point rodgers makes his wideouts not the other way around but yes you are correct with the Oline... rodgers holds on to the ball forever and a day making his oline worse then it actually is and his mechanics are horrid because he just relied on talent which is biting him in the *** now... that being said i have never seen more excuses when it comes to wideouts then an eagles QB since 2000 and on... very few teams have everything from top to bottom not even the patriots through most of their superbowls so where the eagles were limited in wideouts they legit had everything else... id rather be limited at wideouts over the run game/defense/TE.... people act like omg once mcnabb had TO that is what pushed them over the top.. it helped no doubt but that team was loaded before owens even got there and he pushed them over the top because they had so much including the best offensive mind in the sport in their coach. Nobody has everything period but the eagles have more than most because they have a sick *** TE/great kicker/great Oline when healthy and a sick defense yet all you hear is wentz needs wideouts to be just mediocre at this point... wentz and the coaching need to be better with what they have because they have a **** ton and shouldnt need wideouts just to make them good when they have multiple running attacks and 2 top TEs and a legit defense and oline... I am so tired of hearing about drops and so on....

the eagles legit could be a contender in the playoffs if the coach simplifies the game plan and stops handicapping his QB and the QB gets his head out of his *** and uses his legs and works on his 1-10 yard accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Carolina currently has possibly top 10 weapons, but Cam hasn't been able to play with this group. Last year was the closest he got (and he was injured for the last few games he played) and Olsen got IRd, Samuel missed games and saw limited snaps, and Moore didn't start getting the snaps he deserved until midseason.

The likes of Kelvin Benjamin, Devin Funchess, old Torrey Smith, old Jericho Cotchery, Brenton Bersin, Kaylin Clay, Philly Brown, and to a degree Ted Ginn, are WRs that nobody would be jealous of. They spent 8 years half-assing Cams WRs (and even making them worse by cutting Smith, and letting LaFell/Ginn walk without offers), and when they finally invest in and develop Moore and Samuel, Cam has a freak foot injury and can't play.
    Again, this is a lot better than what Wentz is dealing with. Agholor is the worst starting WR in the NFL and he's one of their better options in the pass game. If that's not telling, then I don't know what is. Outside of Ertz he doesn't have a single above average guy at their position to throw to and he's getting double/triple teamed on passing downs because there is nobody else to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Again, this is a lot better than what Wentz is dealing with. Agholor is the worst starting WR in the NFL and he's one of their better options in the pass game. If that's not telling, then I don't know what is. Outside of Ertz he doesn't have a single above average guy at their position to throw to and he's getting double/triple teamed on passing downs because there is nobody else to worry about.
    Ok which of those former Carolina receivers are above average? Wentz is just not that good of a QB or a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    Ok which of those former Carolina receivers are above average? Wentz is just not that good of a QB or a leader.
    Olsen wasn't elite for a handful of years? Ted Ginn is infinitely better than anyone that was on the field Sunday lining up at WR...including a couple of guys that weren't on the field Sunday. Same goes for Funchess. I'm not saying Cam had world beaters, but for the most part he had NFL caliber receivers to work with and he wasn't working with a completely different cast of WR's from week to week.

And how would you know anything about what kind of leader Wentz is? What a ridiculous statement.

Olsen wasn't elite for a handful of years? Ted Ginn is infinitely better than anyone that was on the field Sunday lining up at WR...including a couple of guys that weren't on the field Sunday. Same goes for Funchess. I'm not saying Cam had world beaters, but for the most part he had NFL caliber receivers to work with and he wasn't working with a completely different cast of WR's from week to week.

And how would you know anything about what kind of leader Wentz is? What a ridiculous statement.
    Ginn and Funchess more known for their prolific drops, Olsen was the closest thing Cam had to an elite receiver.

By that thinking you guys have Ertz as well...

Oh and I dont know where I got the leadership thing maybe from the news last season of him being a selfish prick??

https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-w...t-team-player/
    Last edited by Nunuu; 11-29-2019 at 08:23 PM.

You're honestly looking at this through ****-stained glasses. This is exactly the same thing you could say about Ginn pre-Cam. "OMG Ginn is the absolute worst #1 WR in the league and he drops so many passes!" Ginn didn't even get playing time on the 49ers and Cardinals rosters and was the best option we had.

Olsen was elite and is still very good, but the last full healthy season he had was 2016. Go watch the dog **** that Cam and McCaffrey dragged to the playoffs and tell me Cam has mostly had NFL caliber WRs.

-Ginn: probably the best receiver he's had since 2013, has only ever been a desired starter in Carolina, and only a contributor in NO. Everywhere else he's been depth.
    -Kelvin Benjamin: a walking ****ing catastrophe, upon getting traded to another WR-needy team, he was cut and hasn't been on a roster since.
    -Funchess: Benjamin but better with a better work ethic. He has single handedly lost us games with his piss poor separation and catching.
    -Corey Brown: UDFA, I haven't heard from him since we cut him. I think he may have floated in BUF for a while
    -Cotchery: old af, and mediocre hands despite being our "reliable hands" guy. I blame him for our SB loss more than anyone.
    -Brenton Bersin: he had to be our former owners kid, he was not an NFL player and somehow made the roster every year until the team was sold. Naturally, nobody has picked him up.
    -Kaelin Clay: awful and arguably cost us the 2017 playoff game in NO. Hes trash at everything except KR. I don't know if hes still in the league but I guarantee he doesn't see contributing snaps at WR.

All of this was also done with bad OL play. Don't even get me going on what it's like to have Byron Bell, Mike Remmers, Nate Chandler, *insert whoever that UDFA Canadian guy was*, Matt Kalil, Darryl Williams, and whoever that JAG turnstile we had last year was. The best LT we've had since 2013 is Michael ****ing Oher who nobody wanted.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

You're honestly looking at this through ****-stained glasses. This is exactly the same thing you could say about Ginn pre-Cam. "OMG Ginn is the absolute worst #1 WR in the league and he drops so many passes!" Ginn didn't even get playing time on the 49ers and Cardinals rosters and was the best option we had.

Olsen was elite and is still very good, but the last full healthy season he had was 2016. Go watch the dog **** that Cam and McCaffrey dragged to the playoffs and tell me Cam has mostly had NFL caliber WRs.

-Ginn: probably the best receiver he's had since 2013, has only ever been a desired starter in Carolina, and only a contributor in NO. Everywhere else he's been depth.
    -Kelvin Benjamin: a walking ****ing catastrophe, upon getting traded to another WR-needy team, he was cut and hasn't been on a roster since.
    -Funchess: Benjamin but better with a better work ethic. He has single handedly lost us games with his piss poor separation and catching.
    -Corey Brown: UDFA, I haven't heard from him since we cut him. I think he may have floated in BUF for a while
    -Cotchery: old af, and mediocre hands despite being our "reliable hands" guy. I blame him for our SB loss more than anyone.
    -Brenton Bersin: he had to be our former owners kid, he was not an NFL player and somehow made the roster every year until the team was sold. Naturally, nobody has picked him up.
    -Kaelin Clay: awful and arguably cost us the 2017 playoff game in NO. Hes trash at everything except KR. I don't know if hes still in the league but I guarantee he doesn't see contributing snaps at WR.

All of this was also done with bad OL play. Don't even get me going on what it's like to have Byron Bell, Mike Remmers, Nate Chandler, *insert whoever that UDFA Canadian guy was*, Matt Kalil, Darryl Williams, and whoever that JAG turnstile we had last year was. The best LT we've had since 2013 is Michael ****ing Oher who nobody wanted.
    All goes back to the woe is me eagles and their infatuation with Wentz...but lol Scam and the trash panthers......

You guys are *****ing about injuries to the OL and WR's our guys have been just as ****** without the injuries and Cam has still performed and nobody gave him any excuses....
    Last edited by Nunuu; 11-29-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Ohers parents either.

I think cam got the raw end too.

Thereís also a good amount of difference than having a group, working with them, and them being your group from day 1.

What the eagles trotted out there against two really good teams these last two weeks were brutal from a talent and lack of preparation standpoint.

All goes back to the woe is me eagles and their infatuation with Wentz...but lol Scam and the trash panthers......

You guys are *****ing about injuries to the OL and WR's our guys have been just as ****** without the injuries and Cam has still performed and nobody gave him any excuses....
    Dont project your insecurities onto me lol! That said, Wentz worst season by terms of QBR other than his rookie season would be higher than all but two of Cam's seasons. Cam has had 1 season where he had a 2-1 TD-Int ratio and 1 greater than 3-1 ratio. Wentz is just slightly off the pace for this 3rd 3-1 TD-into ratio season. I mean I'm not really sure what you are trying to argue. Wentz is and will always be a superior passer to Cam in every way. What made Cam special was his rushing ability.

Dont project your insecurities onto me lol! That said, Wentz worst season by terms of QBR other than his rookie season would be higher than all but two of Cam's seasons. Cam has had 1 season where he had a 2-1 TD-Int ratio and 1 greater than 3-1 ratio. Wentz is just slightly off the pace for this 3rd 3-1 TD-into ratio season. I mean I'm not really sure what you are trying to argue. Wentz is and will always be a superior passer to Cam in every way. What made Cam special was his rushing ability.
    Cam was 1st team all pro and MVP, let me know when Wentz gets those kind of accolades, his team won a super bowl with him on IR. The talent on the rosters is not even comparable. our supposed #1 receiver didn't even make it through the preseason that year and Cam still went out and performed with Ginn as his #1 WR.

So Cam doesn't get a pass for having **** WR's but Wentz does?

I am arguing about people giving Wentz every excuse in the book and not making him look in the mirror, and no comment on the article about him being selfish huh?
    Last edited by Nunuu; 11-29-2019 at 09:45 PM.

Ginn and Funchess more known for their prolific drops, Olsen was the closest thing Cam had to an elite receiver.

By that thinking you guys have Ertz as well...

Oh and I dont know where I got the leadership thing maybe from the news last season of him being a selfish prick??

https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-w...t-team-player/
    So you get your info from an article that is clearly a smear campaign? At best it's a disgruntled player that doesn't have the balls to put his name on his criticism of Wentz. At worst it's a completely fabricated story. Let's just ignore all the players that publically came out and defended Wentz though.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast