Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 469 of 530 FirstFirst ... 369419459467468469470471479519 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,035 of 7949
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Wilner seems to be thinking it’s gonna be Moreno to the snakes for one of McCarthy, Thomas or Varsho. I think I would prefer Corbin Carroll. He was a top 5 prospect. So a straight up swap for Moreno makes a lot of sense.
    No way I am trading Moreno for Mcarthy. Varsho will be a good get. Jays and cardinals can be good trade partners.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    I wouldn’t say “perfect “ and I wouldn’t say “sham”.

I’d go with “pretty good”.

And way better than Joe schmoes like us or newspaper articles randomly guessing. Like 6/8 or so of those trade ideas in that article(which I previously read) were god awful. Even below sham level imo.
    I agree it helps you check if you’re dreaming or not.

Carroll is an absolute stud with pedigree.
    Yes. But one was the #1 prospect. The other was #3. Moreno plays a premium position. Control/service time are nearly identical. How is that the lower ranked player has 40% more value?

I’ll attempt to take a stab at it.

A few weeks ago both Moreno and carroll were same value on the site, like 61 so recent adjustments were made.

Certainly room to grow for Moreno on their value scale. For example, the orioles catcher Rutschman is up to 145 on their scale after a great rookie season. So maybe that is reason enough to keep him, value could double in a year.

You have to realize how good carroll is. I think he is still eligible for ROY next year and I think he’d be a lead candidate for it.

You’re talking about the 16th overall pick out of the draft out of high school. He needed only 657 total at bats (roughly a full season of ab) to get to the majors, and at a year younger than Moreno.
    He hit 1.014 ops over those minor league ab

Moreno had 902 ab in minors at a year older and had a 844 ops during those ab.

Carroll had a 133 ops+ over his 104 mlb ab last year. Moreno had 111 over 69 ab , both small sample sizes

Aaa ops-
    Carroll 943ab over 129ab
    Moreno 788 ops over 277ab

To me it’s all about bust factor.
    Both play premium positions. I think carroll has arrived and is here to stay.
    Catchers are notorious bust candidates or take a few years to really get all phases of their game going due to the demands of the position. Often times, the bat never delivers on its promise.

If a 1:1 trade option, I take carroll all day especially in the position we are in (win now and competitive window)
    To me, that would be a coup of a trade as he will out-WAR teo in my opinion for the rest of teo career.

Damn I wouldve gambled $8 mil on clev

Quote Originally Posted by raps18-19 champ View Post
    damn i wouldve gambled $8 mil on clev
    12 m

Sorry yea $12 mil.

How do we feel about Don Mattingly?

Mattingly joined New York Post reporters Joel Sherman and Jon Heyman on their podcast, The Show with Joel Sherman and Jon Heyman, and revealed that among inquiries from several teams, one in particular stood out to him as having the chance to win.

“One team in particular really talked to me and talked to really my soul of what I like to do and see a value and it’s been very interesting to me,” Mattingly said.
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article...oaching-staff/

As a jays fan, I never could stand him or the attention he got. Even loathed my son being born on same day as him.
    But now as somewhat of an adult, I’d have to put that nonsense behind me and understand he would be a no-brainer hire. (I’d still sneak a call into Russell Martin 1st)

As a jays fan, I never could stand him or the attention he got. Even loathed my son being born on same day as him.
    But now as somewhat of an adult, I’d have to put that nonsense behind me and understand he would be a no-brainer hire. (I’d still sneak a call into Russell Martin 1st)
    If elected this weekend I want him to go in as a jay
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

Same. Hated him as a player, but that’s because he was pretty good and played for the Yankees. But we would be foolish not to have him as a coach if he would come.

I'm fine with it. John just got a new contract anyway so not like he's gonna be on the chopping block anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    How do we feel about Don Mattingly?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article...oaching-staff/
    Didn't Mattingly refuse to come here once before

Some more seriousness on the bench perhaps. LGJ gone after this year and barrio will be down 2 of 3 founding members.

It’s official. Don will man the bench.