Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 363 of 364 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364 LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 5460
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    It only works if the revenue generated is more than the cost. So even if 3 people, no need to do it if they cost more than it brings in
    If Rogers didnít own the broadcasting company then no doubt they would make a profit selling those rights this season.

Another folly of Rogers ownership the team impacting the fans enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    If Rogers didnít own the broadcasting company then no doubt they would make a profit selling those rights this season.

And of course, they aren't going to sell it to bell.

Jays acquire Bergen for cash considerations. They must love this guy. Pitched well enough last year for Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Jays acquire Bergen for cash considerations. They must love this guy. Pitched well enough last year for Arizona.
    I like it. Imo it was poor 40-man management to even let him go (called it at the time, wasnít hindsight) Glad they made up for that, and glad it didnít cost anything by money.

Maybe they used the money they saved by not having any radio broadcasts lmao.

I like it. Imo it was poor 40-man management to even let him go (called it at the time, wasnít hindsight) Glad they made up for that, and glad it didnít cost anything by money.

Maybe they used the money they saved by not having any radio broadcasts lmao.
    You mean when they lost him in the rule 5 or when they traded him?

Yea but that org who buys the rights would lose money.

The Braves reported their losses this year because they are owned by a public company but unless I am missing something is there a reason why the Blue Jays are not reporting when they are owned by Rogers?

Actually nvm the Blue Jays are owned by a subsidiary of Rogers and is private and 100% owned by Rogers corp from my understanding.

They do say that the Braves losses could be similar to what most teams are experiencing. No wonder they only got $5 mil left in the budget. Would make it tough for a lot of teams if this goes on.

Actually nvm the Blue Jays are owned by a subsidiary of Rogers and is private and 100% owned by Rogers corp from my understanding.

They do say that the Braves losses could be similar to what most teams are experiencing. No wonder they only got $5 mil left in the budget. Would make it tough for a lot of teams if this goes on.
    I don't think you or anybody else knows what the Jays have left to spend. Or am I mistaken and they've gone public with this information.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    You mean when they lost him in the rule 5 or when they traded him?
    I was asking myself the same thing.

Chong did you forget that we actually traded Bergen to Ariz for Ray last year?

I don't know what Arizona tried to do with him when he got there, but like Ray he couldn't throw a strike there. Not sure what they are planning on doing with him other than maybe putting him on the taxi squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    I don't think you or anybody else knows what the Jays have left to spend. Or am I mistaken and they've gone public with this information.
    I was referring to the Braves regarding the $5 million. Apparently Ken Rosenthal said they only had $5 mil left to spend after signing Ozuna.

With regards to the Blue Jays, Shapiro said majority of the heavily lifting is done so I assume that Matz was the last move this offseason.

Most teams will probably find money at the deadline though if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I was asking myself the same thing.

Chong did you forget that we actually traded Bergen to Ariz for Ray last year?

Haha yes. Completely. My mistake. Thanks.

I was referring to the Braves regarding the $5 million. Apparently Ken Rosenthal said they only had $5 mil left to spend after signing Ozuna.

With regards to the Blue Jays, Shapiro said majority of the heavily lifting is done so I assume that Matz was the last move this offseason.

Most teams will probably find money at the deadline though if needed.
    ok misunderstood your $5M comment. I fully agree that money could be in play at the TDL.

Jay's should hit this season. Should be exciting. They had lot of good young arms in camp last year. Be good chance for a few of them to emerge.