Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 362 of 364 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364 LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 5460
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    There have been multiple occasions where's he's told me that "I'm starting to sound a lot like sarah/mikepelfrey."

I assumed he did the same with you when you guys used to argue but I may have been wrong. I'm certain he's said it to me on multiple occasions though. No, pelfrey hasn't quoted me at all but he's now going balls to the wall against Chaotic. Meanwhile Chong is avoiding having to answer my question at all costs. I've also taken note on just how quick mikepelfrey jumped on the offensive at someone else now that I'm no longer playing games with Chong. I honestly think they're the same poster.

I know it sounds crazy to say but come on, what in the World is a lonely old Mets fan doing starting arguments in a Jays forum? If he's lonely, wouldn't he want to talk baseball with people who enjoy the same thing as him? They just got Francisco Lindor and Carlos Carassco so there's plenty to talk about. mikepelfrey hasn't made a single post in the Mets forum EVER!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...o-Atkins/page5

I've linked page 5 of the Grade Shapiro/Atkins thread which on my screen starts at post #61. Follow along with the posts for multiple pages. It's a very interesting progression of how mikepelfrey leaves and Chong starts going on the negativity in a very strong manner. You'll even see how when the talk got overly positive that Chong ducked out completely only to re-appear in an attempt to try and de-rail the positivity. On post #215 you start to see Chaotic go at Chong. Maybe that's why mikepelfrey is now going so hard at Chaotic upon his/her return? I implore you to follow the thread from page 5 and on to see what I'm getting at. Even how Chong and mikepelfrey interact with each other is strange.
    This is the craziest theory youíve had.

You and I have both ganged up on pelfrey before trying to get rid of him.

Also chaotic came in guns a blazing having your back, but has recently moved more into the middle lane where he is explaining himself and not just seeing everything with rose coloured glasses. His posts have been great lately and Iíve grown to respect his opinion.

Basically the opposite of you. Wait... maybe youíre chaotic! Haha jk Iím not suffering from paranoid delusions.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    This forum has gone south fast.
    Itís been a long offseason.

RJ i dont post in the mets forum because of the wilpons it was as simple as that, I stopped going to games while they owned the team.

as far as chaotic goes i give him a hard time because hes an idiot

he gives rogers a pass because he blames the lack of a cap for the teams failures when they actually far outspend the rays. We all know the Blue Jays could have a higher payroll if Rogers wanted to. chaotic just wont admit hes wrong because the 29th lowest revenue team consistently outperforms the Blue Jays. and he has absolutely no answer for it.

the rays dont worry about the cap, they just do what they do and make smart baseball decisions, where often the Blue Jays dont. we all remember the Jays turning down Jack Flaherty

and the reason i post here is i like you guys. even you. we may disagree at times but i dont hold it against you, and I like the Jays I just dont agree with some of the moves they make....I loved the Ryu trade and said so, but others I thought were short sighted and I say so then too unlike chaotic, I dont wear rose colored glasses just because. Ive neve given the mets a free pass just because, so why would I give the Blue Jays one?

I like the Springer deal, I just think they should have gotten Bauer too, to me he was a bigger need, I just dont buy chaotic's claim that the lack of a cap is why Rogers couldnt do it. Rogers spent 5.4 billion for the NHL. so they have the cash
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 02-20-2021 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    RJ i dont post in the mets forum because of the wilpons it was as simple as that, I stopped going to games while they owned the team.

he gives rogers a pass because he blames the lack of a cap for the teams failures when they actually far outspend the rays. We all know the Blue Jays could have a higher payroll if Rogers wanted to. chaotic just wont admit hes wrong because the 29th lowest revenue team consistently outperforms the Blue Jays. and he has absolutely no answer for it.

the rays dont worry about the cap, they just do what they do and make smart baseball decisions, where often the Blue Jays dont. we all remember the Jays turning down Jack Flaherty

and the reason i post here is i like you guys. even you. we may disagree at times but i dont hold it against you, and I like the Jays I just dont agree with some of the moves they make....I loved the Ryu trade and said so, but others I thought were short sighted and I say so then too unlike chaotic, I dont wear rose colored glasses just because. Ive neve given the mets a free pass just because, so why would I give the Blue Jays one?

I like the Springer deal, I just think they should have gotten Bauer too, to me he was a bigger need, I just dont buy chaotic's claim that the lack of a cap is why Rogers couldnt do it. Rogers spent 5.4 billion for the NHL. so they have the cash
    They don't own the team anymore though? Were you not informed? Some Mets fan...
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 02-20-2021 at 10:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

This is the craziest theory youíve had.

You and I have both ganged up on pelfrey before trying to get rid of him.

Also chaotic came in guns a blazing having your back, but has recently moved more into the middle lane where he is explaining himself and not just seeing everything with rose coloured glasses. His posts have been great lately and Iíve grown to respect his opinion.

Basically the opposite of you. Wait... maybe youíre chaotic! Haha jk Iím not suffering from paranoid delusions.
    Keep doing you, my dude.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post

I'll try to reply in the simplest form that even you can understand.

In regards to posting here vs the Mets forum:
    A) Wilpon never read the forum and wouldn't care about your views, just like us. Perhaps you could further the discussion amongst Mets fan as a group therapy per se.
    B) Wilpon no longer owns the Mets. Has been almost a year. Yet a self proclaimed Mets fan like you has never posted there even post Wilpon.

In regards to the Rays and a Cap:
    A) I have always said they are a well run org, re-read my posts.
    B) If all teams could do what they do, then LAD, NYY, BOS, HOU, WAS wouldn't spend 200M to guarantee a playoff seed, and in those 4of 5 cases, win a WS.
    C) In comparisons to the Jays WL record you posted, since 2014 (past 7 seasons) the Jays have made 3 playoff, appearances, TB 2. I think we have been doing just fine without our new FO, not saying they are better than TB, But def better than Ash, JP and early AA.
    D) As an IRS liaison, I'd assume you'd be good with economics and stats. Like simple terms like an outlier and a standard. Example, low salary teams typically = low Ws and less of a probability to make the playoffs. Queue TB, who are the outlier. Yet they still go through ebbs and flows while being competitive, but missing out on the playoffs, which I can see them doing this year if it's not expanded and the Jays overtake them.
    E) On a cap system, with that TB front office, and without out bigger market teams being able to buy their mistakes out, TB probably wins a WS in the past 7 years. Heck if not for spending $200M and cheating HOU or BOS might not even win a WS let alone make the playoffs.
    F) I never said the lack of a cap is why the Jays never won. You have now said that 2-3 times. Re-read my posts. I have said it would make parity between more teams, that TB probably wins one and that 200M teams don't. Now did that hinder the Jays? Potentially, but as I mentioned before, our previous FO sucked at drafting, developing and trading for the most part. However, I cannot in good conscious claim that even with a cap the Jays make it for those reasons.

It is obvious you are dense, have a divisive agenda and struggle in basic reading comprehension or are just a gaslighting troll. Feel free to go back to under the bridge you came from, as I am done having to repeat my stance to a petulant child.

Just realized we have a copycat.

I might have to root for the New York Blue Jays this year with all the ex Jays on it.
    Stroman, Thor, Walker, Villar, Pillar, Loup, Castro, SRF and Caleb Joseph after today's last move.

Can't think of another team with 9 recent (or drafted) ex Blue Jays on it.

https://jaysjournal.com/2021/02/27/b...-matters-many/

Did you guys hear this? No dedicated radio broadcast anymore. They will feed the audio from the TV broadcast through the radio. Very bad decision.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post

Did you guys hear this? No dedicated radio broadcast anymore. They will feed the audio from the TV broadcast through the radio. Very bad decision.
    I heard. TV Broadcast on the radio doesn't work. That's Rogers for you

Bell also did some cuts recently too.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I heard. TV Broadcast on the radio doesn't work. That's Rogers for you
    It's gonna be ugly. We can always reminisce on the great calls of Tom and Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post

Wow wtf. I canít even comprehend this decision. There really wasnít any other cuts they could make? You donít need a huge staff for a radio broadcast.

Wow wtf. I canít even comprehend this decision. There really wasnít any other cuts they could make? You donít need a huge staff for a radio broadcast.
    There's a lot of production behind the scenes and because the personalities are on contracts, they tend to be paid higher.

They probably had cuts to other departments too. You cut 10-15 people and that's $1 mil saved easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    There's a lot of production behind the scenes and because the personalities are on contracts, they tend to be paid higher.

They probably had cuts to other departments too. You cut 10-15 people and that's $1 mil saved easily.
    Yeah I get that, but couldnít they cut it down to like 3 ppl if they needed to? It would still be a better product imo. Some low budget radio is literally done by a single person. I donít have experience in the industry so I could be totally wrong about this.

Yeah I get that, but couldnít they cut it down to like 3 ppl if they needed to? It would still be a better product imo. Some low budget radio is literally done by a single person. I donít have experience in the industry so I could be totally wrong about this.
    It only works if the revenue generated is more than the cost. So even if 3 people, no need to do it if they cost more than it brings in