Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 332 of 364 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 5460
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    I'm thinking Kay in AAA if he has options.

Head scratcher. I guess we have to clear up our 40 man roster, but why help them potentially sign Bauer and take on Matz? They should be giving us specs.
    I'll be pissed if that happens

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    The 40 man might be part of it. Not sure Jays care if Mets get Bauer. NL is probably preferred.

They probably think they can use Matz differently than the Mets and find more success. He once had some pedigree. But it certainly does feel like money that could be better spent.
    To win a WS was hard enough to get through the Dodgers, if the Mets add Bauer, that rotation is filthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Mat doesnt really do anything for me. I was still kinda holding up hope for SRF. The other starter has good stats in lower A but never really heard of him before.

Hope hes not guaranteed a starter role.

Maybe this means Mets getting Bauer.
    This feels like the derek fisher trade to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    It definitely would. Hader alone would cost a few. While I don't think Yelich is going to bust, but he's owed a lot of money, had a blast injury and didn't have a great year last year. I'm sure some of it was just timing and his babip was 100 points lower then last year. But he was a negative DRS player in LF last year. I just can't see the long term side effects of a fractured kneecap being very positive.
    Blast injury? Sounds painful. Haven’t heard of that one since plaxico buress

The 40 man might be part of it. Not sure Jays care if Mets get Bauer. NL is probably preferred.

They probably think they can use Matz differently than the Mets and find more success. He once had some pedigree. But it certainly does feel like money that could be better spent.

he did. Matz, Degrom, Thor and Wheeler. That was a pretty good rotation, he's declined a bit since then though

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Nailed it.

Yea, I don't know why we would need to deal Jansen. He is good enough defensively, knows the pitching staff, can call the game well, demonstrates leadership etc. He's also not expensive at all. I have no issue losing McGuire for nothing. I definitely have an issue with giving Kirk the reigns full time with such little experience with this pitching staff. If he earns it, I'm glad to have him on the team, but it is far too important a position defensively to be looking to trade our most stable piece behind the plate.
    Also would be selling low on jansen

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    he did. Matz, Degrom, Thor and Wheeler. That was a pretty good rotation, he's declined a bit since then though
    The last time we traded with the Mets for a SP, we got a Cy Young winner who declined and got rocked here. This time we get a declining SP who got rocked there. This means he wins a Cy Young here. Book it! Ray gets injured, Matz get the AL Cy Young.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Really? I dont see the comparison. Matz is coming our way whereas we were sending pitchers out last time.

The last time we traded with the Mets for a SP, we got a Cy Young winner who declined and got rocked here. This time we get a declining SP who got rocked there. This means he wins a Cy Young here. Book it! Ray gets injured, Matz get the AL Cy Young.
    We can bring back Matt Harvey too.

To win a WS was hard enough to get through the Dodgers, if the Mets add Bauer, that rotation is filthy.
    Is the team better than Dodgers or Padres even if they do? To win a world series, they have to beat each other first. Any team that emerges would be an uphill climb.

I don't really think concern over what helps the Mets factors in. If Bauer went to the White Sox or something, it would raise more concern. Chances Jays have the face an AL opponent that adds Bauer would be much higher than chances the faces an NL team. In regular season (scheduling) or playoffs (probability).
    Last edited by pebloemer; 01-27-2021 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Really? I dont see the comparison. Matz is coming our way whereas we were sending pitchers out last time.
    I think he means sending out our post hype guy for their post hype guy.

Is the team better than Dodgers or Padres even if they do? To win a world series, they have to beat each other first. Any team that emerges would be an uphill climb.

I don't really think concern over what helps the Mets factors in. If Bauer went to the White Sox or something, it would raise more concern.
    Quality pitching tends to win a WS. We seem to be in short supply of that. Now 4/5 SPs we are plentiful. Ray/Stripling/Roark/Matz/Kay/Chatwood/Pearson(at this point in time)

Just thought... maybe Pearson and KAy both start in AAA now...

Song of the day where you are should be "Let it go".

Reed is more of a “EVERYTHING IS AWESOME” (from legos ) kinda guy

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I think he means sending out our post hype guy for their post hype guy.
    Ah got it. I cann see if someone considers SRF a non prospect like Fisher but maybe they see something in that other pircher with decent stats in A+. granted I never heard of him before.