Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 330 of 364 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 5460
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    He's currently 36, not sure how many 39 year olds are worth that AAV or roster spot. I'd rather go with Vladdy at 3B than Turner at this point in his career to be honest. Of the top of my head I think he was a minus DRS last year or is trending that way.
    Holy **** when did that happen? I had no idea he was 36. Seems like he just got in the league like 5 years ago. Sry I was mistaken. I wouldnít go 3 years.

He's currently 36, not sure how many 39 year olds are worth that AAV or roster spot. I'd rather go with Vladdy at 3B than Turner at this point in his career to be honest. Of the top of my head I think he was a minus DRS last year or is trending that way.
    Funny how nobody cares about Turner's D, Vlady makes an error in winter ball and it's headlines.

Turner was hitting so even if his defense was bad he was a positive player overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Turner was hitting so even if his defense was bad he was a positive player overall.
    My point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    The potential is certainly there. Just need the pieces to fit in.
    I could totally see semien being our 3b if he can hit.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    My point.
    Compared to Turner, Vlad wasnt hitting so if he has bad defense and cant hit, I can see why they have more frustration towards Vlad.

Funny how nobody cares about Turner's D, Vlady makes an error in winter ball and it's headlines.
    Vladdy had 4 errors in winter ball in 8 games... with a fielding % of .857. That would make Turner look like a Gold Glover.

Wont have to worry about him seeing many days at 3B after the Siemien signing, unless an injury happens to Bo, Cavan or Siemien.

Compared to Turner, Vlad wasnt hitting so if he has bad defense and cant hit, I can see why they have more frustration towards Vlad.
    yea a 21 year-old vs a season vet. As I've stated numerous times Vlady needs to mash, he does that his d won't matter as much.

yea a 21 year-old vs a season vet. As I've stated numerous times Vlady needs to mash, he does that his d won't matter as much.
    I was just saying. Vlad does get some slack for being young but I can see why people are being impatient after 2 years.

Vladdy had 4 errors in winter ball in 8 games... with a fielding % of .857. That would make Turner look like a Gold Glover.

Wont have to worry about him seeing many days at 3B after the Siemien signing, unless an injury happens to Bo, Cavan or Siemien.
    Not sure who mentioned it...there's a roster crunch atm. Vlady/Siemien at 3B would be fine, same with Biggio/Siemien. The others DH with Teo/Grichuk as well. Someone has to go

I was just saying. Vlad does get some slack for being young but I can see why people are being impatient after 2 years.
    I think people forget that itís still only one normal seasons worth of at bats.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    The slash lines are almost identical though. Thatís where the worry lies.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Thats why Im giving him slack and probably will kinda give him some slack this year but it depends on the team needs. Though if some are more impatint i can see why

Not sure who mentioned it...there's a roster crunch atm. Vlady/Siemien at 3B would be fine, same with Biggio/Siemien. The others DH with Teo/Grichuk as well. Someone has to go
    I use to say we needed to move someone, but don't feel like anymore.

This roster has fragile moments where everyone other than Grich, Biggio, Vladdy and Jansen has had at least one lengthy stay on the DL over the past 3 years (don't know about Simien). With our roster flex, if one heads to the DL, we are able to put in an MLB ave to +ave player at each position, while letting our AAA team develop the young guts without having to rush them to fill a temp roster spot.

I do have a lot of concerns about the injury but we could still use pitching so it does make sense if one of the bats has to go.

Like if Girchuk is traded for pitching, Im fine with them signing a backup.