Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 329 of 364 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 5460
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I thought Semien received a QO, but apparently he did not.

I have to think they can still go get someone big. SP was their biggest need heading into the off season, and they have only added Ray so far. Also, the only money after 2021 they have spent so far was on Springer. They have now spent over 35M on contracts just for this season. If they can find another SP who will take a 1 year deal, they will be set up nicely to go shopping in the deep end again next year too.
    Or we can explore the trade market. Hendricks or Castillo would be possible targets if theyíre actually available.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Per Spotrac

BLUE JAYS PAYROLL TOTALS
    Active Payroll:
    $116,428,570
    Retained:
    $4,000,000 (Tulo)
    Total Payroll:
    $120,428,570

BLUE JAYS LUXURY TAX PAYROLL
    2021 Tax Threshold
    $210,000,000
    40-Man Tax Payroll:
    $125,092,857
    Est. Benefits:
    $15,500,000
    Est. Minor Salaries:
    $2,500,000
    Total Tax Allocations
    $143,092,857

Est. Tax Space
    $66,907,143
    That $116 mil includes signing bonus, which I mentioned I wasn't including.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    The page has already been turned. I was right about how much they could spend. Where in any of my post did I specifically say your name? Youíre playing the victim card when all Iíve been doing is expressing how happy I am.
    Song of the day where you are should be "Let it go".

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    The page has already been turned. I was right about how much they could spend. Where in any of my post did I specifically say your name? Youíre playing the victim card when all Iíve been doing is expressing how happy I am.
    Sure, if you say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Song of the day where you are should be "Let it go".
    The cold never bothered me anyway.

Shapiro just said that we have payroll flexibility in future years so long as we continue to win and generate revenue. Hopefully the pandemic isn't prolonged so that we can take advantage of the potential revenue while the team is still polished. That would mean we still have to win as well so depends how the season ages and the performance of the team.

For this year, he said we have some flexibility but just said the bulk of the heavy lifting is done. I would interpret that as no Bauer?

Springer said he's fine moving to RF in the future. That's great to hear. I got kinda annoyed when Bo didn't wanna move off SS or Vlad insisting he's a 3B.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Shapiro just said that we have payroll flexibility in future years so long as we continue to win and generate revenue. Hopefully the pandemic isn't prolonged so that we can take advantage of the potential revenue while the team is still polished. That would mean we still have to win as well so depends how the season ages and the performance of the team.

For this year, he said we have some flexibility but just said the bulk of the heavy lifting is done. I would interpret that as no Bauer?
    I think thatís a safe bet. Outside of him there arenít really any big name pitchers available. Iíd be okay with a Paxton/Odorizzi type like people have pitched but my hope is that they go the trade route.

Only wanna touch Paxton if we get 2 pitchers.

Springer being introduced right now.

https://www.mlb.com/news/george-spri...s-introduction
    Sounds like the money is pretty much spent for this season, and the "heavy lifting" is over.

I think even more now that they wait out the SP market and try to see who they can sign on a 1 yr deal.

Sounds like the money is pretty much spent for this season, and the "heavy lifting" is over.

I think even more now that they wait out the SP market and try to see who they can sign on a 1 yr deal.
    Yea that's what he said. Whether that means we have like $5 mil or $20 mil to spend, not too sure. If It's $20 mil, then maybe Walker on a $24 mil/2 year and Paxton on an $8 mil + incentive 1 year deal would put us at $20 mil added this year.

Springer said he's fine moving to RF in the future. That's great to hear. I got kinda annoyed when Bo didn't wanna move off SS or Vlad insisting he's a 3B.
    They are young and hungry. I want them to be like that, it's part of what makes them so good.

I don't think they have another 20M after spending 18M on Semien. I think we might see someone like Walker on a year deal to ensure Stripling stays in the bullpen as the long man, but that is about as big a FA signing as we can still hope for.

With the amount of prospect capital they have, they almost owe it to themselves to spend some of that to. If they are going to spend 35+ million on rental free agents, they can spend a couple prospects to get another young inexpensive solid SP. I don't think Atkins can swallow what it would take to go after Castillo, but I think they could probably stomach enough to go get Sonny Gray. He has been great the last 2 years, and with 2 years guaranteed (3 years of total control) on his deal he is perfect. With the lack of power production from their OF, they may even be interested in a straight swap for Grichuk.....which would be an unbelievable move.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    They are young and hungry. I want them to be like that, it's part of what makes them so good.
    It's fine but to a certain level. You have to be honest with yourself too. Like Vlad has a lot of things he can work on atm.

I don't think they have another 20M after spending 18M on Semien. I think we might see someone like Walker on a year deal to ensure Stripling stays in the bullpen as the long man, but that is about as big a FA signing as we can still hope for.

With the amount of prospect capital they have, they almost owe it to themselves to spend some of that to. If they are going to spend 35+ million on rental free agents, they can spend a couple prospects to get another young inexpensive solid SP. I don't think Atkins can swallow what it would take to go after Castillo, but I think they could probably stomach enough to go get Sonny Gray. He has been great the last 2 years, and with 2 years guaranteed (3 years of total control) on his deal he is perfect. With the lack of power production from their OF, they may even be interested in a straight swap for Grichuk.....which would be an unbelievable move.
    Too bad Philly looks to be trying for the playoffs.

I wouldn't have minded Wheeler.