Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 321 of 364 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,815 of 5460
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Apparently we offered Turner a contract. Dodgers only offering 2 while he wants 4 so wonder what we could've offered him. Not comfortable offering him more than 2.
    Iíd go 3 years with turner. I like turner a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    He's currently 36, not sure how many 39 year olds are worth that AAV or roster spot. I'd rather go with Vladdy at 3B than Turner at this point in his career to be honest. Of the top of my head I think he was a minus DRS last year or is trending that way.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    He had TJ when he was 16 or 17. He remained a starter for 2 years after that and never got his ERA below 5.50. This was in RK/A ball. He got his first taste of relief pitching in ST 2015 and took off.

Had they have tried to stretch him out they probably wouldíve done the team a disservice. Our BP consisted of Osuna, Sanchez and Cecil in 2015 with Sanchez already vying for a rotation spot.
    I just looked and I saw he had an injury in 2013 and James Andrews told him rehab instrad of TJ. He pitched again later that year and then had surgery. He came back mid 2014 and struggled. He was a reliever in 2015.

So he had about 8 starts from when he came back from TJ to when he was put as a reliever. I think I would have let him still be a starter in 2015 in lower A as a 20 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I wouldnt be too mad if its 3 years depending on the terms. Though itll affect our DH position and may hold back the prospects (though Grosh is probably sept 2022 it looks like.

I just looked and I saw he had an injury in 2013 and James Andrews told him rehab instrad of TJ. He pitched again later that year and then had surgery. He came back mid 2014 and struggled. He was a reliever in 2015.

So he had about 8 starts from when he came back from TJ to when he was put as a reliever. I think I would have let him still be a starter in 2015 in lower A as a 20 year old.
    Ah, I was off by a year.

But then how would the MLB team make the post season without a closer? I was making a point when I mentioned the 2015 BP. It sucked. If Osuna were in the minors in 2015 then itís a dumpster fire. Cecil finished 2015 strong but was horrible for the 1st half. It was so bad they had to bring Sanchez back to then pen when he returned from injury. If Osuna werenít in the pen one could argue that those deadline deals might not happen in 2015.

Ah, I was off by a year.

But then how would the MLB team make the post season without a closer? I was making a point when I mentioned the 2015 BP. It sucked. If Osuna were in the minors in 2015 then itís a dumpster fire. Cecil finished 2015 strong but was horrible for the 1st half. It was so bad they had to bring Sanchez back to then pen when he returned from injury. If Osuna werenít in the pen one could argue that those deadline deals might not happen in 2015.
    Possible we dont make the playoffs but at the time I wasnt thrilled. I wanted them to bring casey jannsen back and give delebar another shot coming into the year.

I did want them to stretch him out in 2016 too (ie get the sanchez treatment) but that didnt happen either.

Anyone else feel like we dodged a bullet with JTR?

Possible we dont make the playoffs but at the time I wasnt thrilled. I wanted them to bring casey jannsen back and give delebar another shot coming into the year.

I did want them to stretch him out in 2016 too (ie get the sanchez treatment) but that didnt happen either.
    I always liked Janssen but I remember thinking he didnít have much left after 2014. He still had his control but it just seemed like hitters had him figured out.

shoot..Cesar Hernandez just signed a cheap short team deal to return to Cleveland.

I don't want any part of Turner. He doesn't give them anything they need. One a 1 year deal MAYBE, but multiple seasons not a chance at his age. I would literally rather play Martin there if Vladdy is a dumpster fire defensively in ST. (Although I am still holding out hope he is turned into a CF and not another INF)

Every time I look at Martin's college stats and realize we stole him 5th overall I giggle on the inside..
    His sophomore year (and last full season thanks to covid) he hit .410/.503/.619 with 8 bombs, 4 triples and 19 doubles in 244 AB's. He also had 38 BB's (+ 11 HBP) with only 31 SO's and stole 18 bases in 23 attempts. The SEC was nothing more than a playground for him.

On a team full of bats now you could hit a kid with that much talent 9th as your second lead off and see where it goes. Look what Kirk did last year coming from A ball. If you have proven you can get around on a major league fastball and shown an approach that can produce .410/.503/.619, I don't know how much more you need to learn before you are ready to test your skills in a major league batters box. I'm very curious what he looks like defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    Anyone else feel like we dodged a bullet with JTR?
    not really. All-star catchers have a ton of value. The back end of he deal may suck just like Springer, but for the next 3 years they would have had one of the best lineups in all of baseball. I know we have depth in the system at catcher, but two way studs that play as much as JTR are really hard to find.

Now if the Jays want to give a player in their late 30s a contract to help this team save some runs against, go get Yadier Molina, trade Jansen and Adams, and bring up Kirk to be Yadi's backup to learn from him one of the best catchers the game has ever seen. Yadi threw out 45% of the SB attempts against him last year. He's still a force behind the plate.

I always liked Janssen but I remember thinking he didnít have much left after 2014. He still had his control but it just seemed like hitters had him figured out.
    I didn't want him as a closer anymore but didn't mind if he was your 7th inning guy or something.

Two things I saw/heard discussed today.

No legs to this one, was just a discussion. Is it better for the team for this window that is now opening, to trade away Vlad for a top end pitcher with control? Both Jeff Blair and Scotty said yes.

Jays interested in Andrelton Simmons. I love this guys defense. Even if he's our utility IF. I would like him on my team.

I can't imagine Simmons taking a backup role. He should be able to get a starting role I think.

If you can get a controllable young pitcher then most of the young guys should be available.

We just signed Semien. I feel like... what gives? Trade finally happening?