Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 320 of 364 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 5460
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    The only way I'm dealing Pearson at this point is if they get a young controllable star, preferably a SP
    I dont know if Pearson can fetch us that. The guy has 0 track record of logging a lot of innings, and his mechanics scream flame throwing reliever the way he looks towards first base when he releases the ball. Unless he overhauls the way he throws, he isn't going to be successful as a starter i don't think.

He might fetch us an expensive ace, but not a young one. I predict he is turned into a lock down reliever by the second half of 2021 to keep his innings down and he is so good at it they leave him there. They could get 5+ years of top notch innings out of the bullpen, or maybe a couple full seasons as a starter. If Vladdy needs to peform at 3B or go to DH right now, them Pearson needs to prove he can be a TORP or go be one of the best relievers in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Also, not a chance I trade Martin for Kyle Hendricks. I'm only moving Martin for a controllable ace like Bieber.. ( or Snell when he was available). Possibly Luis Castillo, but that one I'm not so sure.

Martin is as untouchable a prospect as we have right now imo. Starting out so high on the prospect lists, he has reall potential to be a top 3 overall type in 2 years when they hope to be even better than they are now.

The guy you get in return for a spec like that has to be either a legit game 1 starter come playoff time, or bat like Arenado or Trout. The biggest of big fishes. What this team needs most is a couple dominant high strikeout type SP that don't allow much contact. Guys that can regularly take pressure off the defense.
    Hendricks is a guy I'd contemplate trading Martin for. Hendricks is one of the best pitchers in the game but he doesn't throw hard so he doesn't get the props. I'm all about a guy who has a change up for lefties and another change up for righties though. If we got Hendricks then Vladdy playing 3B should be scrapped immediately as Hendricks generates tons of ground balls. I know he has an option for 2024 but not sure if it's team or player. In an attempt to keep Martin I'd offer something like,

Pearson, Manoah and Jansen
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I didnt realize Grosh was ranked as high as he was in the top 100. I probably wouldnt have traded a top 20 like martin ir pearson for Hendricks buy would have for a guy in the 50ish range but Grosh is ranked 34.

I suppose hes still expandable given how much infielders we have but maybe you can squeeze a bit more out of teams when trading.

I dont know if Pearson can fetch us that. The guy has 0 track record of logging a lot of innings, and his mechanics scream flame throwing reliever the way he looks towards first base when he releases the ball. Unless he overhauls the way he throws, he isn't going to be successful as a starter i don't think.

He might fetch us an expensive ace, but not a young one. I predict he is turned into a lock down reliever by the second half of 2021 to keep his innings down and he is so good at it they leave him there. They could get 5+ years of top notch innings out of the bullpen, or maybe a couple full seasons as a starter. If Vladdy needs to peform at 3B or go to DH right now, them Pearson needs to prove he can be a TORP or go be one of the best relievers in baseball.
    I dont know if they keep him there. Maybe yhey do a Sanchez type scenario in 2015 out the pen and 2016 starting but trying to limit his innings?

I doubt he alone would get is a Castillo but I would include him in a deal to get Castillo. Not sure how much more we would have to add or if what bad contract we could take back to lessen the prospect burden but Pearson could definitely be the headliner. He was just named MLB Pipeline's number one right handed pitching prospect. That has to carry at least some weight. I do agree, he has some red flags though.

Here's a nice story if anyone hasnt read it yet.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spo...doctor/sn-amp/

I hope I am wrong about Pearson and he turns into a TORP in the big leagues as most scouts believe he can. The problem is he is already 24 and his strength is his power fastball.....which has an expiration date. Combine that with the fact that they now have Ryu and Springer for the next 3 years that they need elite pieces to go with them now and they don't really have the luxury of giving him 3 years to make himself into a TORP. He's either ready to throw 7 quality innings at a time or he isn't. If not he needs to give them 1 or 2 innings at a time and be the elite piece in the bullpen that he already is.

I hope I am wrong about Pearson and he turns into a TORP in the big leagues as most scouts believe he can. The problem is he is already 24 and his strength is his power fastball.....which has an expiration date. Combine that with the fact that they now have Ryu and Springer for the next 3 years that they need elite pieces to go with them now and they don't really have the luxury of giving him 3 years to make himself into a TORP. He's either ready to throw 7 quality innings at a time or he isn't. If not he needs to give them 1 or 2 innings at a time and be the elite piece in the bullpen that he already is.
    Definitely. There's tons a value in a guy who can give you his two plus plus pitches one time through the order.

I rather trade him for an expensive starter than turn him into a reliever.

I was still annoyed we brought up Osuna and Castro from A ball to be bullpen players. They should have been tried out as a starter in AA and AAA first.
    Last edited by Raps18-19 Champ; 01-26-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I rather trade him for an expensive starter than turn him into a reliever.

I was still annoyed we brought up Osuna and Castro from A ball to be bullpen players. They should have been tried out as a starter in AA and AAA first.
    Osuna was getting the living **** kicked out of him as a starter though?

I’m surprised more pitchers in minors aren’t fast tracked to mlb bullpens. How many hector prez are out there with middling results for YEARS in the minors and ultimately get released before even getting to mlb.
    You can go from the pen to starter. Johan Santana did. Chris sale did.
    Now in an age of equal opportunity by bullpen as the sp, I expect to see more of it. No reason you shouldn’t be able to form a good bullpen with mostly internal options

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Osuna was getting the living **** kicked out of him as a starter though?
    IIRC, I believe he was a top 100 then had TJ and struggled.

He was only 20 at the time so I didnt mind giving him a few more years as a starter.

Tyler Glasnow says hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    IIRC, I believe he was a top 100 then had TJ and struggled.

He was only 20 at the time so I didnt mind giving him a few more years as a starter.
    He had TJ when he was 16 or 17. He remained a starter for 2 years after that and never got his ERA below 5.50. This was in RK/A ball. He got his first taste of relief pitching in ST 2015 and took off.

Had they have tried to stretch him out they probably would’ve done the team a disservice. Our BP consisted of Osuna, Sanchez and Cecil in 2015 with Sanchez already vying for a rotation spot.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    - I imagine the lecture that must ensue when one of the kids fumbles his abc, and says “A....A”
    Dead.