Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 279 of 364 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 5460
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    good find. This makes sense now. Hendriks gets his money, ChiSox don't get stuck paying 15M in one season to a 35 year old reliever if he isn't still effective. (..or maybe even if he is.)
    Bobby Bonilla lite. Lol.

So apparently what Bauer really wants are:

1- A chance to pitch every 4 days
    2- freedom to do his social media and brand building
    3- freedom to train how he wants to train

If that guy thinks he can give you 40 starts, you pay his ***** and give it a try...lol The other stuff is easy, but if all it takes is "fair" money and the willingness to let him throw 250+ innings, you get it done TODAY!!

Their rotation is perfect for his 4 day experiment. They have a rookie in Pearson who could use being skipped 5+ times over 6 months, and they have Ryu who supposedly is better on 6 days rest (even though it didn't seem like it in the playoffs last year ffs..) If him pitching every 4 days lets keep him, Ryu and Pearson at their best over 6 months that could end up paying off in a big big way if it works. .....Or he could get hurt and everyone would blame the 4 man rotation..

I love that he's a SP that wants to throw as much as he can. These 5 inning starters that get paid 20 million are BS imo.
    This fan base would fall in love with bauer. Heís like a hockey player who plays baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Last time the Jays let a star player train the way he wants to he showed up to ST not being able to throw a baseball. Iím iffy on throwing so much money at a guy who wants to follow his own methods.
    And the time before that, we got Doc.

Congratulations to Hendricks! Love seeing an unheralded player stick to it and get it and make bank.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Congratulations to Hendricks! Love seeing an unheralded player stick to it and get it and make bank.
    right exactly

And the time before that, we got Doc.
    And also, Shapiro and Atkins were all for this when they were all together in the Cleveland org.

Bauer's been training this way for years, Shapiro is aware of it, the Reds were aware of it and the Indians were aware of it. The only team that didn't like it was the crappy d'backs who nobody cares about anyway.

Trevor Bauer is a self made star.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Bauer's been training this way for years, Shapiro is aware of it, the Reds were aware of it and the Indians were aware of it. The only team that didn't like it was the crappy d'backs who nobody cares about anyway.

Trevor Bauer is a self made star.
    I love everything about the kid. Iíd ink him.

Like if starting every 4 games isnít working, then he wonít want to keep doing it. If it works then everyone wins.

I love everything about the kid. Iíd ink him.

Like if starting every 4 games isnít working, then he wonít want to keep doing it. If it works then everyone wins.
    This will help both Ryu (extra days rest) and Pearson (will be on an innings limit). Bauer actually mentions both those factors in the video. It's no fluke

Mets still interested in Springer, DJ and Hand. Canít get em all. Hopefully they blow their last money on DJ and leave the others for us.

They cant afford them all and stay anywhere close to the 210M tax threshold, but they may not care if they can add another star like Springer.

This is not looking good for the Blue Jays. They need to start exercising a little reckless abandonment and soon if they plan on making anu major additions this year that can make a difference.

Just give him whatever the heck he wants and stop pinching pennies!!!!! They arent a premium destination yet.They are gonna have to pay up to make a splash.

Blue Jays anounce Shapiro extended another 5 years. Hopefully he now announces a signing himself soon.
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

They cant afford them all and stay anywhere close to the 210M tax threshold, but they may not care if they can add another star like Springer.

This is not looking good for the Blue Jays. They need to start exercising a little reckless abandonment and soon if they plan on making anu major additions this year that can make a difference.

Just give him whatever the heck he wants and stop pinching pennies!!!!! They arent a premium destination yet.They are gonna have to pay up to make a splash.
    Next year, they already have 175M committed with quite a few FA. Thor, Matz, Stroman and Conforto are all up at the end of next year. Lindor will also be due a raise. So if they add Springer at $25M that doesn't leave them much wiggle room going forward. I'm sure it wouldn't bother them being a few million over the threshold this year but going forward it will hamper them. I think, for all intents and purposes, they will be out on the remaining top FA.

I wouldn't say it's not looking good for them. Literally none of the top FA have signed so it's not just the Jays, and I get that we were supposed to be one of the most aggressive teams in FA but the only major transactions have been trades so I'm not worries yet. If players start flying off the board and we are left with our dick in our hand then I'll get upset but I'm confident they'll add an impact player(s) either through FA or trade.

Also, I wouldn't just give him what he wants. It's a terrible way to run a business and sets a bad precedent and could hamper us locking up our young players due to lack of funds available. It's a process. A slow, seemingly never ending process but it should start to shake up soon. Spring training is in five weeks.

I just hope this pandemic ****s off so I can go to a game somewhere in late summer or fall

Quote Originally Posted by armchairgm View Post
    Blue Jays anounce Shapiro extended another 5 years. Hopefully he now announces a signing himself soon.
    They quoted his ďcommitment to excellenceĒ lmao. And what exactly has he been excellent at? In his entire career, including Cleveland... what has he been excellent at? They clearly arenít talking about his on-field product.

Imo Rogers should have held him to the fire, told him he gets his extension when he delivers on his promise of sustained winning.

Like how they told masai they wouldnít commit to the harden trade until Masai signs an extension.