Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 227 of 331 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 4953
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Kang was the player you're talking about. I think he came from the KBO but I'm getting confused with the NPB with some players today lol. But he was a plus hitter, ave defender at SS and 3B until he got into some DUI issues.

I'm comfortable at 5/30 as a max... maybe 5/33 for this team. The problem for the Jays (and most mid to small market teams) is they can't carry dead money and be competitive unless there's a deep pool of above ave prospects coming up (kinda how TB and Oak does it).

We have the luxury to add more payroll than them, but keep in mind currently we have dollar discrepancy that can fluctuate from +33-27% during the duration of a 5 year contract or a few percent of any given season.
    Kang is Korean lol. A quick way to differentiate Korean players from Japanese players is by their name. I'm probably not saying this the right way but Korean players have 3 word names. Jung-Ho Kang, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Chan Ho Park etc. Whereas Japanese players players just have the first and last. Ichiro Suzuki, Hideki Matsui, Munenori Kawaski etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Seems like if we had to pay about 14m a year for Kim, kt turner would be an easy choice for a few mill more aav

Gaussman doesn't have a long track record so I'm glad we didn't do this unless his recent success is sustainable. Not sure if he changed something - workout regimen, mechanics ...etc? but he's been a completely different pitcher after leaving the O's.

So this tells me this off season is starting to look like the last one

"Rosenthal reports that the Jays offered Gausman a three-year deal worth roughly $40MM, though the right-hander instead opted for the one-year deal to remain in San Francisco. Should Gausman deliver another good season in 2021 and then return to the free agent market next winter, heíll surely receive offers beyond the two years and $21.1MM he left on the table to accept the Giantsí qualifying offer."

Iíd
    Be fine w
    3/39

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Yea but you want to use your limited resources on need sometimes.

If we get him and hes good, then sure it helps the infield but then you need to trade one of your infielders for a starting pitcher. Or you can just use the same/similar money on a pitcher directly.
    You have a point, but if Vlad ultimately cannot play 3b then we have a need at 3b.

Kang was the player you're talking about. I think he came from the KBO but I'm getting confused with the NPB with some players today lol. But he was a plus hitter, ave defender at SS and 3B until he got into some DUI issues.

I'm comfortable at 5/30 as a max... maybe 5/33 for this team. The problem for the Jays (and most mid to small market teams) is they can't carry dead money and be competitive unless there's a deep pool of above ave prospects coming up (kinda how TB and Oak does it).

We have the luxury to add more payroll than them, but keep in mind currently we have dollar discrepancy that can fluctuate from +33-27% during the duration of a 5 year contract or a few percent of any given season.
    I was thinking 3/30.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Kang is Korean lol. A quick way to differentiate Korean players from Japanese players is by their name. I'm probably not saying this the right way but Korean players have 3 word names. Jung-Ho Kang, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Chan Ho Park etc. Whereas Japanese players players just have the first and last. Ichiro Suzuki, Hideki Matsui, Munenori Kawaski etc.
    Thatís super interesting and handy. Thanks for sharing that lifehack.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Iíd
    Be fine w
    3/39
    That would work for me too. Iím more concerned about the term than the value.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Gaussman doesn't have a long track record so I'm glad we didn't do this unless his recent success is sustainable. Not sure if he changed something - workout regimen, mechanics ...etc? but he's been a completely different pitcher after leaving the O's.

So this tells me this off season is starting to look like the last one

"Rosenthal reports that the Jays offered Gausman a three-year deal worth roughly $40MM, though the right-hander instead opted for the one-year deal to remain in San Francisco. Should Gausman deliver another good season in 2021 and then return to the free agent market next winter, heíll surely receive offers beyond the two years and $21.1MM he left on the table to accept the Giantsí qualifying offer."
    Baseball FA has gotten very weird.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Baseball FA has gotten very weird.
    hm and Stroman accepted their QO's, honestly surprised Gaussman didn't take that offer 3/40. He was trash just a short while ago....which got me thinking what do Bundy, Arrieta and Gaussman all have in common? They all got significantly better after leaving Baltimore.
    Last edited by hanton; 11-24-2020 at 10:00 PM.

Think we offered stroman the same contract?

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Iíd
    Be fine w
    3/39
    Not many 25 year olds making 13mil in the MLB, especially without a single at bat there. 13 mil per year is too rich for my blood with the Jay's payroll. Tsutsugo @ 8mil a year isn't looking too good for TB or their books.

Not many 25 year olds making 13mil in the MLB, especially without a single at bat there. 13 mil per year is too rich for my blood with the Jay's payroll. Tsutsugo @ 8mil a year isn't looking too good for TB or their books.
    I think wamco was referring to the Gausman contract offer by the Jays

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I think wamco was referring to the Gausman contract offer by the Jays
    Whoops my bad.

Ya. I was.

Mlbtr now has Kim at like 5/47 I hear now. I think Iíd do that
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."