Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 284 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Call me cynical but I just don't see Ross or Shap handing out big deals in FA unless it's Vlad or Bo. Ever.

The Lost Boys of PSD

I honestly don't think they would have any issue with giving guys 50+ million dollar deals just a matter of the players wanting to come here. Hell they just gave Grichuk 52 million this pass season.

As crazy as this will sound I would honestly give Josh Donaldson a call in the off-season. Despite whatever happened last year he clearly feels strongly about playing in Toronto and it would have enormously positive impact public relations-wise.

Big power bat that draws walks and can push Vlad Jr. immediately to 1st.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    As crazy as this will sound I would honestly give Josh Donaldson a call in the off-season. Despite whatever happened last year he clearly feels strongly about playing in Toronto and it would have enormously positive impact public relations-wise.

I'd love to have JD back too, but that ship has sailed. I see him staying in Atlanta with the training staff he knows can keep him on the field. If you are going to pay a 3B this off season its Rendon, but I think they are going to give Vlad a chance to try and get in shape and improve his D. You don't tell him he needs to switch positions until you sign him long term...lol

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I'd love to have JD back too, but that ship has sailed. I see him staying in Atlanta with the training staff he knows can keep him on the field. If you are going to pay a 3B this off season its Rendon, but I think they are going to give Vlad a chance to try and get in shape and improve his D. You don't tell him he needs to switch positions until you sign him long term...lol
    I am thinking that Shapiro and Atkins, no matter how many things are going right around the organization, may be in sort of survival mode because of how much negativity is out there, not just fans but media. And from a survival point of view, not many moves IMO could create a shift in attitude among fans as powerfully as this one.

Crazier things have certainly happened. In fact, if Atkins and Shapiro are tired of being viewed as villains first and executives second in this market and worrying about job safety it's the most logical play imaginable given how obviously poor Vlad is as a 3rd basemen long term. And for all we know he may rather win than play 3rd base anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Vladdy already switched from the OF to 3B shortly after he was signed.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Put him back in the OF!
    I donít want his arm wasted at 1B. Itís his only defensive +, and we donít even know how much of a + it is.

I think signing enc would be a good PR move. Wouldnít cost too much and we have a hole for him at DH (even though I like the idea of it being open on a rebuilding squad).

I don't think we should worry much about where Vlalddy is playing yet. This season he's gonna and should be given every opportunity at 3B again. I personally thought he improved as the season went on but that doesn't say much and I'm only going off the eye test, striving to be an average to slightly below average 3B is not out of the question and I could live with that. If he doesn't take pretty big strides next season he can be transitioned to 1B and the front office will have a better idea how to fill the roster.
    Last edited by LanceUpperCut; 10-04-2019 at 05:52 PM.

2/26 get it done for EE ?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Put him back in the OF!
    I donít want his arm wasted at 1B. Itís his only defensive +, and we donít even know how much of a + it is.

I think signing enc would be a good PR move. Wouldnít cost too much and we have a hole for him at DH (even though I like the idea of it being open on a rebuilding squad).
    I mean, you said it yourself. It's his only defensive +. He's really bad at 3B and his fielding will hurt us when we're ready to compete. I'm okay with marching him out there to start the year but I'm not expecting any big changes and anticipate (hope for) a move to 1B after 2020.

I'm down for EE. How much is his option?
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    It's not unusual and actually more the norm for 16 year olds to play multiple positions. So the switch as you call it is not news.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    I don't think we should worry much about where Vlalddy is playing yet. This season he's gonna and should be given every opportunity at 3B again. I personally thought he improved as the season went on but that doesn't say much and I'm only going off the eye test, striving to be an average to slightly below average 3B is not out of the question and I could live with that. If he doesn't take pretty big strides next season he can be transitioned to 1B and the front office will have a better idea how to fill the roster.
    Agree with this. Way too much as been made of his so called bad d. To these eyes his d is above average and perfectly acceptable for the position.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post

AA...Atkins...AA ...Atkins. Come on

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    It's not unusual and actually more the norm for 16 year olds to play multiple positions. So the switch as you call it is not news.
    Just simply pointing out that he already switched positions once. I'm sure some people knew but maybe others didn't. Thanks for your 2 cents.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Vladdy at 16

Page 2 of 284 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast