Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 148 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2404
  1. #2206
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,402
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Add 70 HR and 200 RBI’s to the offence and we are at least respectable through those years. Also added incentive to trade guys like Alford, Tellez, SRF (top specs within that time frame) etc for pitching upgrades. Or signing someone like ryu rather than deciding to purposely go into the season without a pitching staff at all.

    And if you actually read what I typed, the window for contention would be WIDE ****ing open starting this upcoming season. We would be ready to make a serious push right now.
    .....So Edwin and JD were both of the team in 2016 while JD was still in 2017. JD was still on the team in 2018 as well he was just hurt for basically the whole season. So yeah, your plan was already sort of put in play. Injuries just kinda ruined it. It was a common issue with the team from 2017 and beyond along with everyone underperforming. I guess you just forgot?

  2. #2207
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,804
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    .....So Edwin and JD were both of the team in 2016 while JD was still in 2017. JD was still on the team in 2018 as well he was just hurt for basically the whole season. So yeah, your plan was already sort of put in play. Injuries just kinda ruined it. It was a common issue with the team from 2017 and beyond along with everyone underperforming. I guess you just forgot?
    Hey thanks for not reading or comprehending.

    Definitely the reason I rarely reply to your posts anymore. Waste of time.

  3. #2208
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,804
    If we had Dosh and Enc then the window is open RIGHT NOW.

  4. #2209
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,402
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Hey thanks for not reading or comprehending.

    Definitely the reason I rarely reply to your posts anymore. Waste of time.
    Well no, I asked what you would do to remedy the 2016 and/or 2017 teams and you decided to answer something else apparently. Don’t you accuse me of moving goal posts? Lol

    Keeping JD and Edwin through the dark years would’ve done squat and wouldn’t have made the team “respectable” through those years like you say. JD technically was here until September 2018 but that wouldn’t change how Sanchez, Martin, Estrada, Morales, Pillar all sucked. It also wouldn’t have helped Devon Travis or Tulo get any healthier. It would’ve taken a lot more to even make this team “respectable” like you say.

  5. #2210
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,402
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    If we had Dosh and Enc then the window is open RIGHT NOW.
    No, it’s not. We still need a full BP and some more proven starting pitchers. Wasn’t it you just a couple months ago saying we needed way more pieces to even think of competing? Now 2 old guys would elevate our current team into contention? What happened to your whole “ wait and see” with the prospects that you and hanton have been pushing?

  6. #2211
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    10,640
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    You noticed how we were a much more competent team after the all star break when we had a little offensive contribution right? Because reed talks about it a lot. Now imagine we had that contribution all along, and the added contribution from the young guys after the all star break was on top of an already steady contribution from 2 MVP caliber bats.
    Forgive me, I thought you were talking about competing in '17 and onwards. The team just had too many holes to fill at that time, IMO. If you signed Donaldson and EE, there would be four guys making 20m or better with two of them being black holes, at SS and C no less, d 2 to 3 openings in the rotation a full BP and holes in LF and RF.

    But yes, for the coming year if we had JD we would obviously be a better team. I just have a feeling EE is do for some regression.

  7. #2212
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    10,640
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Yeah he puts the ball in play at least. If anything he’s like Darwin Barney at this point. Solid defensive depth. I forgot about Bo’s willingness to move earlier this off season too. Who knows, maybe either one of them gets moved? There’s the rumour that they checked in on Lindor too. I think that’s just due diligence though but then again, they were in on Didi too.
    I'd say any trade for Lindor would start with Bichette. I'd dare say you will see Biggio getting tried in CF, especially if and on the MI guys we just signed step up in any way. I can't see them moving Bo off SS unless it's for an all star type, which probably isn't happening.

  8. #2213
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,804
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Well no, I asked what you would do to remedy the 2016 and/or 2017 teams and you decided to answer something else apparently. Don’t you accuse me of moving goal posts? Lol

    Keeping JD and Edwin through the dark years would’ve done squat and wouldn’t have made the team “respectable” through those years like you say. JD technically was here until September 2018 but that wouldn’t change how Sanchez, Martin, Estrada, Morales, Pillar all sucked. It also wouldn’t have helped Devon Travis or Tulo get any healthier. It would’ve taken a lot more to even make this team “respectable” like you say.
    *yawn*

    Umm yeah I addressed exactly that in my posts, but of course you didn’t comprehend. Go back and read again I guess? I’m tired of repeating myself to you.

  9. #2214
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,804
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    No, it’s not. We still need a full BP and some more proven starting pitchers. Wasn’t it you just a couple months ago saying we needed way more pieces to even think of competing? Now 2 old guys would elevate our current team into contention? What happened to your whole “ wait and see” with the prospects that you and hanton have been pushing?
    Those 2 added to our lineup has the window open and the team ready to contend.
    Again, reading comprehension. I think when you read my posts you just see what you want to see to feel like you’re right.

  10. #2215
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,402
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    *yawn*

    Umm yeah I addressed exactly that in my posts, but of course you didn’t comprehend. Go back and read again I guess? I’m tired of repeating myself to you.
    So once again no answer to the question being asked. I shouldn't be surprised as we've had this dance many times before. Lets just end it and keep the discussion about the current team. We'll never come to an agreement about the past mainly because you refuse to actually examine it.

    MLB's updated top 100 prospect list is supposed to drop this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  11. #2216
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I'd say any trade for Lindor would start with Bichette. I'd dare say you will see Biggio getting tried in CF, especially if and on the MI guys we just signed step up in any way. I can't see them moving Bo off SS unless it's for an all star type, which probably isn't happening.
    I don't think any of Bo, Biggo or Vladdy would be in a deal for Lindor. Jordan Groshans 100% would though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  12. #2217
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    10,640
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I don't think any of Bo, Biggo or Vladdy would be in a deal for Lindor. Jordan Groshans 100% would though.
    Yeah you're right, for some reason I thought he was signed past this year. He had a down year too, for his standards.

  13. #2218
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    21,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Yeah you're right, for some reason I thought he was signed past this year. He had a down year too, for his standards.
    He has one more year of arbitration in 2021. 2019 might have been the worst season of his career.....and it was still great lol. Always loved his game.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  14. #2219
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,665
    That Lindor rumor is laughable

  15. #2220
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,665
    ...I like that Bo and Biggio are willing to do what it takes to win.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •