Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 396 of 398 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398 LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,940 of 5964
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    He's a veteran that can play 3B, should be fairly inexpensive and won't need a lot of term. His bat also doesn't hurt you. I don't think it has to be him, but there doesn't seem to be many other options similar to that.
    I would pass on Escobar. Doubt he be any better than Espinal. Just costs 10 million more on payroll.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Iím okay with losing Matz. He hasnít had a WHIP under 1.3 since 2018.
    Manaea would of had WHIP of 1.3 if he had pitched in Rogers also. He only has 1 year of control and will get around 10 million in 3rd year arb. Plus costs a Kirk caliber player to acquire. Matz at 11 million not that bad

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I really like the idea of getting Ramirez. Re-sign Ray, sign one or two more SP like Gray or Gausman and spend the rest on the BP

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Assuming 60m to spend Iíd think -
    Ray 25
    Ramirez 12
    Gausman 22

That wouldnít leave money for pen. I donít think we have the prospects to trade for ramirez and sonny gray. Our prospects are a half season- season away from having a lot more value IMO as most are far away.

Iím now leaning towards keeping Kirk and getting his value up as well .

Gausman 22
    Seager/Escobar 12
    14m sp
    12m sp

Put strip and Pearson in pen.

Romero
    Mayza
    Pearson
    Merryweather
    Cimber
    Richards
    Stripling
    Borucki/Kay 2nd lefty with options.
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Assuming 60m to spend Iíd think -
    Ray 25
    Ramirez 12
    Gausman 22

That wouldnít leave money for pen. I donít think we have the prospects to trade for ramirez and sonny gray. Our prospects are a half season- season away from having a lot more value IMO as most are far away.

Iím now leaning towards keeping Kirk and getting his value up as well .

Gausman 22
    Seager/Escobar 12
    14m sp
    12m sp

Put strip and Pearson in pen.

Romero
    Mayza
    Pearson
    Merryweather
    Cimber
    Richards
    Stripling
    Borucki/Kay 2nd lefty with options.
    It pains me to say this, but I donít think thatís a championship rotation.

It should be. I had a brain fart and have 6 sp!

Make it gausman and either gray. And 12 m on the pen

Berrios
    Gausman
    Ryu
    Manoah
    Gray

Kenley jenson
    Romano
    Merryweather
    Pearson
    Mayza
    Cimber
    Richards
    Stripling
    Last edited by wamco; 11-24-2021 at 03:14 PM.

Berrios
    Gausman
    Ryu
    Manoah
    Gray

Kenley jenson
    Romano
    Merryweather
    Pearson
    Mayza
    Cimber
    Richards
    Stripling
    If you have either Gray at 5, that's luxury and the rotation is stellar.

If they are able to land Martinez, I wouldn't be against trading Biggio inna package for Marte. That's a deadly line up.

You mean Ramirez?

I like Marte so I'm down as well but he's probably gonna cost a top 100 so not sure if FO will do it.

Berrios
    Gausman
    Ryu
    Manoah
    Gray

Kenley jenson
    Romano
    Merryweather
    Pearson
    Mayza
    Cimber
    Richards
    Stripling
    I dont think Id want to commit $20 mil for Gausman. He just strikes me as a guy who flames out.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Manaea would of had WHIP of 1.3 if he had pitched in Rogers also. He only has 1 year of control and will get around 10 million in 3rd year arb. Plus costs a Kirk caliber player to acquire. Matz at 11 million not that bad
    Isnít there way more space for balls to land in Oakland?

A lot of foul territory

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Isnít there way more space for balls to land in Oakland?
    Oakland always been notorious pitchers park. Every pitcher it seems to affect differently. On average add half a run to ERA. Seems like southpaws who overachieved most. They had a lot recent years. Barry Zito, Brett Anderson. Mark Mulder, Tommy Milhoun. To name a few. Did well there but dropped off on other teams. Manaea would be #4 starter here.

Montas I would be skeptic on also. He's 28 had 1 good year. Could be another Jarrod Parker. I wouldn't trade for pitching there

If they are able to land Martinez, I wouldn't be against trading Biggio inna package for Marte. That's a deadly line up.

I think if youíre trading for Ramirez, Biggio is part of the deal.

I would pass on Escobar. Doubt he be any better than Espinal. Just costs 10 million more on payroll.
    I agree. Way too much swing and miss from him. And very streaky.

Oakland always been notorious pitchers park. Every pitcher it seems to affect differently. On average add half a run to ERA. Seems like southpaws who overachieved most. They had a lot recent years. Barry Zito, Brett Anderson. Mark Mulder, Tommy Milhoun. To name a few. Did well there but dropped off on other teams. Manaea would be #4 starter here.

Montas I would be skeptic on also. He's 28 had 1 good year. Could be another Jarrod Parker. I wouldn't trade for pitching there
    I can agree with you on Zito. However, Zito was a completely different pitcher than Manaea. Zito was a fly ball pitcher who walked a ton of batters. Manaea is a ground ball pitcher who walks nobody. Furthermore, being a pitcher that pitches to contact you would assume heíd walk more batters. The fact that Manaea manages to keep his walk rate so low while pitching to contact is pretty damn impressive. Heís a pitcher Iíd like to get.

Mulder was the same pitcher when he left Oakland. He just got hurt after 1 season and retired shortly after. Brett Anderson just always gets hurt.

Sucks to lose Matz, but good for him for getting a 4 year deal as a #3/#4 SP. They were hoping he would be their #5 again behind Ray, Berrios, Ryu and Manoah. I think they can find a 4ish ERA over 150 IP elsewhere for much cheaper.

What if instead of spending on Ray, Semien and Matz, they spend the money meant for Matz in a trade for Jose Ramirez? They could afford to send something like Biggio, Groshans and Otto Lopez the other way if they already had Semien locked down since their infield would be locked in for the next 2 years (or longer if they extend Ramirez once he's here) . I think Ramirez would fit in perfectly with this core at 3B and in the middle of all our right handed bats since he's a switch hitter. Another veteran all-star to go with Springer and Semien(hopefully) and lead this group not only in, but deep into the playoffs.

I can handle a rotation of Ray, Berrios, Ryu, Manoah and one of Pearson/Hatch/Logue/Francis. That would still be a very solid top 4.....and Logue and Francis were both just added to the 40 man. I think Pearson is better served as a reliever, but they could also make him a SP that still tries to throw 100mph for as long as he can instead of dialing it back to an average MLB fastball with no movement. I think he has enough in the tank to give them 5IP maxed out every 5 days. If not make him a dominant multi inning set up man.