Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 88 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2283
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Iím reserving my judgment for next season with vlads defence. He looks like heís in great shape if you see his posts. Looks like heís finally taking his offseason as seriously as we hoped he would. Time will tel if he can keep it up, I think he will be at 1B eventually....

I just have a feeling he will have a good defensive year coming up at 3rd.
    He definitely looks dedicated. He was never really a 3B to begin with though which is why I'm not really holding out hope. They moved him there because his body didn't profile as an OFer which was his original position. Who knows, maybe he gets in good enough shape to have a run in the OF?

I do hope he works out at 3B. That could open up different options for what the team can do with Jordan Groshans. I don't necessarily want to trade him but that would make the possibility of that happening more palatable.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Anyone from the Astros that we want? Theyíre looking to clear salary and can attach Reddick to a deal as a dump. If they are considering moving Correa with Reddick, I wonder if we can woo them by taking a lesser player with that contract.

Anyone from the Astros that we want? Theyíre looking to clear salary and can attach Reddick to a deal as a dump. If they are considering moving Correa with Reddick, I wonder if we can woo them by taking a lesser player with that contract.
    I hate feeling that my teams GM canít be shrewd or can orchestrate anything big. Heís like a Qb with a weak arm
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    I hate feeling that my teams GM canít be shrewd or can orchestrate anything big. Heís like a Qb with a weak arm
    That is really a good comparison lol.

Atkins is the chad Pennington of baseball GMís.

Roark was the most obvious Jays signing in years. Not sexy but needed.

So right now Roark-Shoemaker-Anderson have been signed. Not great by any means but kind of what I expected. One more arm will probably happen Iím guessing still a decent amount out there.

Keuchel
    Ryu

Wood
    Salazar
    Nelson
    Walker
    Teheran
    Perez
    Miley
    Kim
    Smyly

And a couple more.

I think one of there arms will be a Jay. Then Iíd love to see a trade for a possible higher end prospect or young arm.

There also seems to be loads of 2nd baseman. I know itís not a real popular idea by some but I would like to see Biggio get more time in the OF not to be there all the time but be more of a versatile player like a Merrifield or Marte type.

i hate feeling that my teams gm canít be shrewd or can orchestrate anything big. Heís like a qb with a weak arm
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Would you take David Price's contract off the books for the Red Sox if they gave us Andrew Benitendi to go along with him to be our new CFer?
    I doubt Boston would do that but Iíd even add to the Jays side if need be.

Apparently Atkins and Montoya visited Moustakas at his house before he signed with the Reds. Thatís intriguing. Iíll look for a link

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Apparently Atkins and Montoya visited Moustakas at his house before he signed with the Reds. Thatís intriguing. Iíll look for a link
    I wouldnít bother with the link.

That shop has sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    lol ...Do you know how many lunches and dinners Atkins had to buy for Rosenthal to get him to tweet "Jays are in on xxx player.."

RJ3...care to comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    RJ3...care to comment?
    Don't worry Spiderdan, he'll eventually make some baseball moves.

I've maintained that Atkins is great at drafting and developing talent so I don't even know why you're trying to bait me on this?
    Facts can be hypothetical.

The QB reference and RJ3...I honestly thought of Robert Griffin III. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Well whether he's worth it or not is a different matter, cub fans will lose their **** if he's traded for anything less. Hence we will have to overpay
    i generally dont comment here anymore because of certain people but I had to comment on this. youre right of course. based on leadership alone, Rizzo brings back more. Groshans 1 for 1, you couldnt do that even if Atkins had Pictures of Donald Trump, Epstein and Putin selling preteens to a brothel.

how anyone can think they could is insanity

Boston signs Martin Perez. Glad we were not in on him