Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 69 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2251
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I'm not going to argue the pros and cons of keeping Stroman, you obviously wanted them to keep him and thats fine, I'm glad that he's gone and I'm fine with what we got for him. He walks too many guys for someone who pitches to contact.

For all we know, he said 5/125 is my.number. Sign me or trade me. PS I love Canada.

As for Atkins lying or players not wanting to play here, it probably a bit of both but we will.probably come.away with something similar that Stroman would.have given us for less money + a few prospects. It's a win win
    Young players like Bo Bichette want to play here though. Reaaaaaaaaaally badly too. I can't find it but there's a similar interview with Manoah where he praises the developmental system.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1015766

"The Blue Jays were the top team that I wanted to go to,'' the 18-year-old told Rodney Page of the Tampa Bay Times after being taken in the second round Thursday. "They were the best as far as player development."
    Despite verbally committing to Arizona State, Bo - whose older brother, Dante Jr., was drafted 51st overall by the New York Yankees in 2011 - the 6-foot, 185-pound infielder has no intention of going to school. In fact, Bo said he might even take a below-slot signing bonus from the Blue Jays to get a deal done.

"I may end up taking a little less (in signing bonus), but this is the best fit," said Bo. "I actually turned down about four offers earlier in the draft because they weren't good fits."
    Clearly this was all AA's work though with his track record on drafting position players while not even working with the team anymore. It's also funny how the Jays are being criticized by some people on here for focussing on player development these last few years. You know, that thing the Leafs and Raptors both focussed on before becoming the teams they are now?
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 12-07-2019 at 11:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

You still never said how they mistreated Stroman
    by refusing to offer him an extension and Stroman was vocal - both before and after the trade - about wanting to stay

I mean they handed out a 5 yrs/$52M contract to Grichuk and he rewarded them with a 0.3 WAR season. Stroman puts up a 4.1.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    by refusing to offer him an extension and Stroman was vocal - both before and after the trade - about wanting to stay

I mean they handed out a 5 yrs/$52M contract to Grichuk and he rewarded them with a 0.3 WAR season. Stroman puts up a 4.1.
    While you may be scorned because you're a fan of Stroman (and that's fine), in absolutely no way did they mistreat him.

Like I said before, you don't know what was offered by either side so your (only) argument about him being mistreated isn't sincere because you don't know what was actually talked about.

Chances are his attitude played a part in how they value him. But that's, also, not mistreating him
    Last edited by Kenny Powders; 12-07-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Young players like Bo Bichette want to play here though. Reaaaaaaaaaally badly too. I can't find it but there's a similar interview with Manoah where he praises the developmental system.

Clearly this was all AA's work though with his track record on drafting position players while not even working with the team anymore. It's also funny how the Jays are being criticized by some people on here for focussing on player development these last few years. You know, that thing the Leafs and Raptors both focussed on before becoming the teams they are now?
    Yes, I knew instead somewhere that he wanted to sign here. I thought he mentioned something about the HPD as well

While you may be scorned because you're a fan of Stroman (and that's fine), in absolutely no way did they mistreat him.

Like I said before, you don't know what was offered by either side so your (only) argument about him being mistreated isn't sincere because you don't know what was actually talked about.

Chances are his attitude played a part in how they value him. But that's, also, not mistreating him
    Stroman was never a problem.

In this very candid interview John Gibbons tells a bit of what Stroman is like. You should listen to this.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-105...jays-1.1343807

/end

Stroman was never a problem.

In this very candid interview John Gibbons tells a bit of what Stroman is like. You should listen to this.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-105...jays-1.1343807

/end
    Who said he was a problem? He definitely has an attitude

The spirit of Sarah lives on through her only friend, Spiderdan.
    You know that you are just a clueless ******* right?

Who said he was a problem? He definitely has an attitude
    as long as we aren't equating attitude to necessarily equal a problem player then yea that's fine

as long as we aren't equating attitude to necessarily equal a problem player then yea that's fine
    Fair, as long as we can agree that Stroman wasn't mistreated

This might be your best post ever lol.

No one criticized them for focusing on player development lmfao. Theyíre criticized for focusing on it and still only being middle of the pack at it, and for forgetting about (or just being terrible at) all of the rest of the job.

Are you seriously suggesting shapiro laid the ground work in the 3 months since he arrived, to make Bo feel good about the jays development system? Was it just shapiro and Atkins amazing track record of drafting and developing with the indians?! Lmfao.... come on dude you are reaching soo damn hard to defend these guys and not give any credit to AA. Did you forget that AAís scouting staff battled with Shapiro and Atkins to get brichette drafted?

I feel like you need to re-read that Shi article from the summer where he talks about how shapiro needs to give a LOT more credit to the foundation AA laid before he got here.

Hate to say it hanton, but I agree with Kenny here.

I donít think they mistreated stroman and I actually think they gave him a lot of slack with his tweets and ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    I donít think reed is clueless at all.

I think he has just dug his feet in so deep and he is completely unwilling to consider opinions that donít perfectly align with his own.

I donít blame him. Itís more fun to be optimistic. I wish I could convince myself to believe in these guys.

Sarah would've used a better insult than that.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I donít think reed is clueless at all.

I think he has just dug his feet in so deep and he is completely unwilling to consider opinions that donít perfectly align with his own.

I donít blame him. Itís more fun to be optimistic. I wish I could convince myself to believe in these guys.
    Yeah, but he's the one who decided to make it personal, so here we are.

Yeah, but he's the one who decided to make it personal, so here we are.
    That is a problem.