Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Yup, you donít read what other people write lol.
    At least you love him so you got that right. What about Stroman ? love that dick too?

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    really eh? Toronto loves JD and always will.

https://www.mlb.com/news/josh-donald...to-with-braves
    I donít even understand what youíre trying to say. Youíre so all over the place.

You said people around the league care how the Jays treated Donaldson. Iím saying they donít care because heís a jerk. And heís the one that went around them for medical treatment (itís since come out that the Yankees have done much worse to Gardner for essentially the same thing).

The link is completely irrelevant to that discussion. Numbers mean nothing, fan feelings mean nothing. How his new GM feels about him means nothing (nobody from Atlanta mentions anything about his personality in that article).

pretty sure Stroman is always one of the first players to jump out of the dugout to congratulate his teammates on walk-offs...wins ...etc

Both are highly driven professional athletes that care deeply about winning and at being at the top of their games - at being the best. If they rub you the wrong way well then...... Maybe you need to be around environments with players like this to realize it.
    Again. Has nothing to do with them being quality human beings. People who are driven to win can be *******s too.

At least you love him so you got that right. What about Stroman ? love that dick too?
    Why Stroman though? What did they do to him? Trading him? Thatís part of the game.

I loved JD too, but can separate the production from the personality.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I donít even understand what youíre trying to say. Youíre so all over the place.

You said people around the league care how the Jays treated Donaldson. Iím saying they donít care because heís a jerk. And heís the one that went around them for medical treatment (itís since come out that the Yankees have done much worse to Gardner for essentially the same thing).
    Show me please

The link is completely irrelevant to that discussion. Numbers mean nothing, fan feelings mean nothing. How his new GM feels about him means nothing (nobody from Atlanta mentions anything about his personality in that article).

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    Atkins farm is not in the top 10. I've already posted links on this topic. There is only 1 publication that has them in the top 10 currently and that was published before Bichette made the show. I believe I posted 3 or 4 publications where the Jays were outside the top 10 and Fangraphs has the Jays farm in the bottom 5.

A quote from a recent ESPN article states the following about the Jays farm:
    Donít even bother.

Reality is tough for some.

Even though a 100 million dollar contract would easily break the Jays record for biggest contract handed out to an FA.
    Thatís a problem.

Well usually when you pluck the #1 and #8 prospects in all of baseball from a farm it experiences quite the drop off. When AA gutted the farm in 2015 it went from being in the teens to the twenties. Atkinsí farm remains in the top 10 even with massive departures. So yeah, itís a testament to his ability to build a farm. Especially when you couple that with the fact that heís had no top draft picks unlike the Astros who had multiple 1st overall picks on their farm.

Youíve seen what happened to the D-Backs after that massive flinch, right? That was a 6 year 205 million dollar deal. Cole is supposedly about to be offered 7 years and 250 mil from the Yanks. I want Coke but if thatís what the Yanks are offering him then I can only imagine the Jays need to add at least 20 mil to that number to even get his attention.
    Are you suggesting the diamond backs were worse off for signing grinkie?

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    As of right now because fangraphs is more recent and BA still has Bo Bichette, yes. If BA comes out with one tomorrow I'll take that over Fangraphs. As I've mentioned it wasn't just fangraphs that had the Jays outside the top 10 it was other publications and as you saw in a November ESPN article it considers the Jays "middle of the road." Thus I do not agree with your statement:

In 2020 anything can happen they could have the top farm or they could be one of the worse depending how said players work out because they or so low on the Jays farm. Manoah is very intriguing and has the Jack McDowell build, but I also thought about great things from Smoral too.

The Jays farm was never in "elite" territory because the Jays were considered a "top heavy" farm. They were always considered in the 2nd tier behind the likes of the White Sox, Braves, and Padres. In the 2019 offseason thread this was debated and there is a website that compiled all the publications and it placed the Jays around the 8th spot IIRC. The elite farms were top 5 in each publication.
    And the farm didn't benefit from all those c prospects because Shatkins waited an extra year and a half to start the rebuild and sold low on all the assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    And the farm didn't benefit from all those c prospects because Shatkins waited an extra year and a half to start the rebuild and sold low on all the assets.
    O/U - 75% of your contribution to this forum being some variation of this post

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    At least we would hopefully get 1 long term piece that would be around when this team is ready to win (castenellos).

Iíd rather take all that pitcher money and sign Cole.
    All that money wouldn't equal 1/3 of what it would take for us to get Cole, but sign me up

I hate this off-season already. Apparently Hal Steinbrenner has given Cashman the green light to sign Cole to a record breaking contract, so any chance the Blue Jays had of signing him is basically gone, but the other pitching options are leaving the board quick.

Jays need to pivot. Pick one pitcher in the FA market that you will not be beat on (I'm thinking Keuchel) and target another pitcher through trade, preferably with many years of control.

I just want them to do something.

Show me please
    Umm....

Yep. Other players notice - the entire league notices, they all talk and see how players like JD, Stroman ...etc were treated. Like trash. Word gets around real quick. Working hard to create a losing culture. Bravo Atkins. and they wonder why players don't want to sign here. I really hope I'm wrong but you know....

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Umm....
    Umm...Yes. Correct and I was not only talking about JD but how they miss treated other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    O/U - 75% of your contribution to this forum being some variation of this post
    Truth hurts, right?