Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 60 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I thought wood was taken? Maybe Iím confusing him with Gibson.
    Gibson signed with the Rangers I believe. No word on Wood yet.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    ...and if it matters that much to you my AAV was 22, Wheeler got 23.6 so ....
    Didnít see this, but yes Iíd say good estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    But did you want to pay a middle rotation guy that much plus the compensation? I'm okay with this. If he's the final piece to the puzzle, then sure overpay, but not yet.
    I donít think we will get to the stage of ďone missing pieceĒ at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    The thing I like about you most is that whenever I ask you a simple and direct question you tip toe around having to answer it. Your level of hatred for the FO is beyond petty at this point. You've proven you just want to **** on whatever they do even if it goes against what you originally wanted. It's also funny how you get so defensive every time I ask you a simple question.
    The thing I like about you most is that whenever someone expresses an issue with the FO you feel the need to defend them - even when they go against what you originally wanted. Itís funny how you go on the attack every time someone stares an opinion that is different from yours.

Didn't see that, my bad. It just makes your jab way less understandable now.

As for your question. I don't think Morosi is lying. I just think it's much easier to lure a pitcher in his prime to a ball club on the cusp of making the post season than it is to lure him to a club that's in a rebuild. Apparently his wife is from close by which was a big reason for him signing there?

I just don't understand your jab at the Jays being "in" on him. What makes you think they weren't? The White Sox apparently even offered more than 5 years and 118 million. I'd bet my bottom dollar the Jays were in on him. Considering he turned down even more money than what he signed for I can only imagine the minimum the Jays would've had to offer was 5 years 130 million. Probably more though. That's a contract I wouldn't be a fan of.
    Interesting hypothetical facts there.

Crap.... Sanders is gone. Plan B.

Bah, I wanted Wheeler. Come on Keuchel/Ryu....

I donít think we will get to the stage of ďone missing pieceĒ at this rate.
    Yep impossible. Posted about this before we are 9 players away. 1 stud outfielder, 1 good 1B, 2/3 fireball relief pitchers, 3 very good starters and a stud DH. That is to complement what we current have now.

Interesting hypothetical facts there.
    Speculation but hey, have it as you will.

You think he wouldíve signed in Toronto for 5 years 130? If so then what leads you to believe that?

The thing I like about you most is that whenever someone expresses an issue with the FO you feel the need to defend them - even when they go against what you originally wanted. Itís funny how you go on the attack every time someone stares an opinion that is different from yours.
    I speak out when people hate for the sake of hating. Itís been 3 years of this garbage and itís gotten annoying tbh.

I also speak out when I disagree with whatís being said. Itís not that I defend everything they do, itís just that you say a lot of dumb things and then get mad when you have to back up your words.

So Atkins said the Jays have the financial flexibility to hand out a $100 million dollar contract according to Shi Davidi. First time heís made a statement with an actual dollar figure. I think itís safe to say that heís finally serious about adding. He just has to make a good pitch now.

I speak out when people hate for the sake of hating. Itís been 3 years of this garbage and itís gotten annoying tbh.

I also speak out when I disagree with whatís being said. Itís not that I defend everything they do, itís just that you say a lot of dumb things and then get mad when you have to back up your words.
    Hating for the sake of hating? Dude I've been a Jays fan since the beginning. If I was hating I would have jumped ship long ago. But yet I'm still a fan. However, I am a fan who is greatly concerned that this FO has no two sweet clues how to make a decent trade, sign a free agent, treat veteran players with respect as they seem to make what should be internal discussions public, and they lie to fans. The only thing they have done well so far is build the farm. But tonnes of other FOs have done that too and had the savvy to make good deals and free agent signings. So I guess, for you, one out of five ain't bad. But hey, you guessed right on Wheeler's number, so you must know a lot about baseball and building a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Bah, I wanted Wheeler. Come on Keuchel/Ryu....
    I did too. I read an article that said the Wheeler threw as many sinkers as four seamers last year and the sinker was his worst pitch. You would think if he cut down on the sinker usage he would have even better numbers

Keuchel - 3/50
    Pineda - 2/25
    Roark - 3/29
    Castenellos 4/70

Would add 46.5 to the payroll

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    Hating for the sake of hating? Dude I've been a Jays fan since the beginning. If I was hating I would have jumped ship long ago. But yet I'm still a fan. However, I am a fan who is greatly concerned that this FO has no two sweet clues how to make a decent trade, sign a free agent, treat veteran players with respect as they seem to make what should be internal discussions public, and they lie to fans. The only thing they have done well so far is build the farm. But tonnes of other FOs have done that too and had the savvy to make good deals and free agent signings. So I guess, for you, one out of five ain't bad. But hey, you guessed right on Wheeler's number, so you must know a lot about baseball and building a winner.
    Itís funny you bring up the trades because not only myself but posters like Kenny, noodles, Lance and bart have all pointed out that Atkins has made good trades considering the players heís had to deal have all sucked. When these points are made posters like yourself donít respond and just wait a few pages to repeat that Atkins canít make trades.

As for treating the vets with respect, what makes you think he doesnít? Did anyone read the article I posted about how JD was supposedly the ring leader of bullying the rookies (Pompey) in 2015? Atkins gave Sanchez all of 2019 to be a starter until being dealt. He had no business being in the rotation with the horrible numbers he was putting up yet Atkins let him keep going. Extended Smoak, re-signed Bautista and let him play all year despite sucking, offered EE a contract. Where do you get the idea that Atkins doesnít respect the vets? Also what are these lies you talk about? Atkins has been far more transparent than AA ever was.

You talk about other FOs building a farm and then being able to make trades, sign players and what not. Would it have made sense for Atkins to go out and sign any big name FAs in 2018 when the team finally had some cap room but only had aging vets on the team? In 2017 money was still tied up so there was no real shot at signing big name FAs. In 2016 he actually did make a flurry of deals that got the team into the post season. Benoit, Grilling and Liriano.

You see what Iím saying here about hating for the sake of hating?