Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 373 of 408 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 6115
    Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    I'd take a flyer on Kikuchi, but I think they could add him to a package of prospects to a rebuilding team like the Dbacks or Pirates in exchange for a major league player. Especially if we sweeten the pot with better prospects.
    I cpuldnt really find a deal that worked for both sides with those teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I cpuldnt really find a deal that worked for both sides with those teams.
    Could also be part of a deal with the Twins for Donaldson or the Guardians for Ramirez.

Could also be part of a deal with the Twins for Donaldson or the Guardians for Ramirez.
    JD is not coming here. lol "the Guardians"

What a bad call there to end the game.

I don't follow the Jay's as much as you guys. Baseball 2nd sport to be. But seen article may trade Kirk. Seems puzzling to me, but imagine he will return key arm. Moreno in the minors and Jansen with big club. We have depth at catcher. What are your opinions?

If they can help return a good player then why not.

At this point I trust the front office to make good decisions. Kirk is a fairly one-dimensional player and is really only viable as a catcher or DH. I think it only makes sense to keep him if the intention is to move Moreno out of C, because Moreno might be the best prospect in baseball right now and he shouldn't be blocked if he starts next season in a vlad-like fashion in AAA.

At this point I trust the front office to make good decisions. Kirk is a fairly one-dimensional player and is really only viable as a catcher or DH. I think it only makes sense to keep him if the intention is to move Moreno out of C, because Moreno might be the best prospect in baseball right now and he shouldn't be blocked if he starts next season in a vlad-like fashion in AAA.
    Offensive catcher wants to be good return. Pearson was once a top prospect in baseball 2 years ago also.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Offensive catcher wants to be good return. Pearson was once a top prospect in baseball 2 years ago also.
    I agree I feel the same. I want to keep Kirk because of that versatility. Not many catchers on the league look good as DH. Thatís a premier bat at the position. Might already be the best offensive catcher in the league.

Not sure about that. Kirk is good but guys like Perez, Posey and Smith much better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Not sure about that. Kirk is good but guys like Perez, Posey and Smith much better than him.
    I exaggerated for sure, but to even be in that groupÖ Iím not looking to trade that. We have other trade bait.

I believe the article in question was the suggestion that the Marlins could be interested in Kirk and could offer up starting pitching in return.

Totally off topic, but does anyone recall why the Jays didn't put Semien at 3B and leave Biggio at 2B?

Quote Originally Posted by T.O. Fan View Post
    I believe the article in question was the suggestion that the Marlins could be interested in Kirk and could offer up starting pitching in return.

Totally off topic, but does anyone recall why the Jays didn't put Semien at 3B and leave Biggio at 2B?
    Yeah. I wouldnít trade Kirk for a SP right now. Iíd be looking to move other pieces way before him. Just my opinion.

I believe semien wanted to play the middle infield. He was promised 2b when he signed.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I exaggerated for sure, but to even be in that groupÖ Iím not looking to trade that. We have other trade bait.
    Im not it a rush to trade him as well though if thwy ask for him for say Ramirez then tough question.

Shapiro had a press conference today. Looks like based on this year's results, we will still spend despite lagging behind in revenue.

Sounds good though hope they dont jack up prices next year.