Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 150 of 161 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2404
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    You're right, they shouldn't have to give up very much but I don't think the Sox will just give Betts away for someone to just take on Price. I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see Boston blow it all up
    I doubt they blow it up, their fan base won't stand for it and they always find a way to remain competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I doubt they blow it up, their fan base won't stand for it and they always find a way to remain competitive.
    Or at least appear competitive.

Atkins latest interview on Tim & Sid had some good snippets. Hereís one that Iike.

ďWe havenít traded prospects away,Ē Atkins said. ďSo, having the ability to do that ó still having a very good system to trade from ó thatís really what moves the needle. If we were to make a move, itís not going to deplete our system in a way thatís detrimental.Ē
    The feeling I get from this is that none of the top prospects will be dealt and that heíll only deal prospects in an area that we have a surplus. So basically arms and catchers. We have the pieces to make a deal while still maintaining a top of the line farm system.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Atkins latest interview on Tim & Sid had some good snippets. Hereís one that Iike.

The feeling I get from this is that none of the top prospects will be dealt and that heíll only deal prospects in an area that we have a surplus. So basically arms and catchers. We have the pieces to make a deal while still maintaining a top of the line farm system.
    Depends what theyíre trading for.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Depends what theyíre trading for.
    We have a surplus of arms and catchers. Guys like Kay, Zeuch, Wags, Thornton, Moreno, Kirk, Adams, Jansen and McGuire could all be used in a package while having little to no effect on the farm/MLB club. Iím operating under the assumption that Pearson, SWR, Groshans and Martinez are the only untouchables. Maybe not Groshans though.

Iíd hold onto Jansen and Moreno and trade the rest if needed

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Iíd hold onto Jansen and Moreno and trade the rest if needed
    I like Kirk the most TBH. Iím open to trading any of them but heís the one Iíd like to hold onto the most.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I like Kirk the most TBH. Iím open to trading any of them but heís the one Iíd like to hold onto the most.
    Have you read any recent scouting reports on him?

I would probably be looking to trade him ASAP while he is at peak value. Either that, or lypo.

Have you read any recent scouting reports on him?

I would probably be looking to trade him ASAP while he is at peak value. Either that, or lypo.
    Yes I have. He's fat and that's about the only problem. The reports even say he moves quickly behind the plate and is good at blocking balls for a fat guy. As for his offence, I don't care if he doesn't have much power in his swing as long as he continues to make lots of contact. The kid is all about line drives so why bother trying to make him hit fly balls? Supposedly he has a swing that keeps the barrel of the bat in the zone for a long time. He's been competing against older competition for his entire pro career and his offensive numbers have been excellent thus far.

He basically just has to lose weight and that's something that can be managed with the help of your favourite, the HPD! All jokes aside if he loses weight I think he'll be a solid catcher.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 01-23-2020 at 07:15 PM.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Frustrating when huge athletes canít lose weight . Itís really not that difficult

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Frustrating when huge athletes canít lose weight . Itís really not that difficult
    While I do agree, it is the one position where guys have been nicknamed ĎPudgeí lol

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    While I do agree, it is the one position where guys have been nicknamed ĎPudgeí lol
    Unfortunately he's more of a 'Blob'
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I think Kirk is eventually headed towards a DH role unless he gets in shape. His body type is never going to be slim, but he needs to drop like 20 lbs in the mid section and take some weight off those knees if his body is going to hold up for very long.

Also, "Pudge" was anything but fat. He was just short and stocky. You need to be athletic back there to be good, and he was one of the all time best.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I think Kirk is eventually headed towards a DH role unless he gets in shape. His body type is never going to be slim, but he needs to drop like 20 lbs in the mid section and take some weight off those knees if his body is going to hold up for very long.

Also, "Pudge" was anything but fat. He was just short and stocky. You need to be athletic back there to be good, and he was one of the all time best.
    It was just a joke. And he isnít the only named Pudge. Fisk was the first, but wasnít really pudgy either.

Apparently BA gave Kirk a 70 hit tool.