Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 225 of 332 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 4972
    Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    If they could go to 170 million there wouldn't have been a rebuild.
    They were close to that in 15/16. Add inflation. People laughed when I said years ago that they could go that high.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    They were close to that in 15/16. Add inflation. People laughed when I said years ago that they could go that high.
    It was tough they were asked to keep people in the seat but they reduced the payroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    To be fair, Happ has played in the AL East for 5 years. I know he didnt face the Yankees much those years but I cant imagine he gets more that 4-5 starts against them the course of next season.

Its not ideal but I see him as an innings eater more than anything. If he can be a 4.30 ERA guy at 150 innings, I would be good with that.

If we can get a good durable vet that can eat innings I would be fine if not Happ.
    I want no part of Happ with Ryu and Ray, not to mention he was pretty bad in 2018 and 2019 also to start off 2020. Having a good/great 6 weeks does not make me think he would fare well in 2021 with an added year, especially if we have to play in a hitters park in Buffalo again (Feds just said no to the Raptors).

Bauer, Morton, Walker please. Wonder if Atkins can trade Roark for a similar one year contract like Fowler, Pineda, Familia or Kyle Seager. Trade an SP for another area of need for us with teams that could use a supposed innings eater in pitcher friendly/neutral parks.

I wasnt including this year but 2018-2019 he was a 4.4 ERA. 2 extreme seasons but I can take that risk.

If Im banking on Ray and Pearson for peak, we may need pitchers who are eatings eaters.

I like trading Roark for a bounce back candidate though at another position. Maybe that could be our 4th outfielder.

I stand corrected on 2016. For some reason I thought it was closer to 15, when they only spent 136. BP has 16 at 163.

They should back in the Brinks truck.

I stand corrected on 2016. For some reason I thought it was closer to 15, when they only spent 136. BP has 16 at 163.

They should back in the Brinks truck.
    2017 was north of 170.

We're looking at Happ now. As much as I like Happ, I hope he's plan c or d.

We're looking at Happ now. As much as I like Happ, I hope he's plan c or d.
    I'm done trying to keep up with all the rumors - we are in on everybody and so are most other teams.

Word....who cares who we are talking to. Just tell me who we actually sign.

I still hope they bring Walker back. Dude was a stud for them down the stretch and got a raw deal not getting to pitch in the playoffs because of a poor matchup. No one is blowing him away with an offer obviously, so I think they should retain him like they retained Ray. He is great vs right handed lineups, and he is a decade younger than Happ...lol

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Word....who cares who we are talking to. Just tell me who we actually sign.

I still hope they bring Walker back. Dude was a stud for them down the stretch and got a raw deal not getting to pitch in the playoffs because of a poor matchup. No one is blowing him away with an offer obviously, so I think they should retain him like they retained Ray. He is great vs right handed lineups, and he is a decade younger than Happ...lol
    I was impressed with Walker, he's young and brings a good mix of pitches to the rotation. Put him between Ryu and Ray. If we do get him then our rotation is essentially the same as last season. Unless we land Bauer or some other top pitcher via trade Pearson might be the key for how well the rotation does in 2021.

I'd be alright with Walker. I think he's better than he played in Seattle, but time will tell.

Walker was good his last 2 healthy seasons. It isn't a matter of talent, it is just his durability. He has neva-eva made 30 starts in a season. From 2015 thru 2017 he was reasonably healthy, but then essentially missed all of 2018 and 2019.

I was really surprised by his physique. He's built like a LB. He looks like he spent 2018 and 2019 living in a gym. I'd gamble he could stay healthy for at least 1 year.

Iíve always liked Walker but I donít like the combination of signing him and ray in a rotation already with Pearson. Also with Roark/stribling in the 5 hole.
    I could only be on board if we got a legit number 2 starter this off-season as well as suggested above. I need stability in the rotation at this point. We got lucky with the bullpen I think last year even though I believe in them. They would be burned out over 162g with a 26 man roster

Depending on how they view Kim as a 3bman, an off-season of Kim, Tanaka and Darvish could satisfy Atkins Asian fetish and set us up well.

3b is an interesting conundrum in my opinion. Options out there that could help immediately but we have grosh and Martin close enough that itís
    Not like you want to intentionally block them . They both are gonna need spots IMO as early as 2022.
    Or do use one as a trade chip? Martin seems further ahead from what I gather.
    Iím thinking the bandaid was peeled off now in terms of hurting vlads ego and he is a 1b/dh going forward. Biggio is best as a 2bman but maybe a signing of wong for a year or 2
    Would make sense. Biggio keep it warm. Or try to sign turner to a 2 year deal. Dj lemathieu and Kim could get 4 years so I donít see that as a fit.
    Last edited by wamco; 11-23-2020 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Depending on how they view Kim as a 3bman, an off-season of Kim, Tanaka and Darvish could satisfy Atkins Asian fetish and set us up well.
    Fetishes aside, Kim is my big hopeful for the Jays to sign. He is still so young and already quite successful. Aligns really well with our core and may still be growing into his power potential a bit. There are always questions about overseas players, but there are a lot of reason to believe he is the real deal IMO.