Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    I’d say Gore is basically untouchable and Patino would be pretty close. If they did offer Patino for Giles and Myers salary dump they wouldn’t be adding to it for sure.

Patino has number 1-2 starter type stuff IMO and would be basically a year behind Pearson.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...kees-jays.html

I haven't actually listened to the audio myself, just read some stuff about the interview.

we’re going to have to be aggressive on every level of the free agent starting pitcher landscape.
    It’s going to be where we fit with Gerrit’s alignment of interests…same thing with every free agent we pursue. What I am confident is, that throughout the free agency process we’ll be able to get better this winter, and we’ll have the resources to do it.
    Wow. I can't believe he would mention him by name. There's no way he's coming here, but still.

He was asked straight up what his pitch to Cole would be so that was his reply

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    I’d say Gore is basically untouchable and Patino would be pretty close. If they did offer Patino for Giles and Myers salary dump they wouldn’t be adding to it for sure.

Patino has number 1-2 starter type stuff IMO and would be basically a year behind Pearson.
    If San Diego wants to clear salary for Cole or Strasburg then it'll cost them at least Luis Patino. They need Wil Myers' salary gone, all of it. I agree that Gore would be next to impossible to get but they should still pry for him. Not only would the Jays be taking Myers' 60 mil off the Pads hands, they'd be giving them a top of the line closer as well. I think they'd have to add to a package of Patino tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post

I haven't actually listened to the audio myself, just read some stuff about the interview.

Wow. I can't believe he would mention him by name. There's no way he's coming here, but still.
    That last sentence though. They're gonna spend. I don't expect Cole either but I do expect a Wheeler, Odorizzi or Wood type. If they nab 2 decent arms then I'll be very happy. If hell freezes over and they get Cole, Strasburg or MadBum then I'll cream myself.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    That last sentence though. They're gonna spend. I don't expect Cole either but I do expect a Wheeler, Odorizzi or Wood type. If they nab 2 decent arms then I'll be very happy. If hell freezes over and they get Cole, Strasburg or MadBum then I'll cream myself.
    If I had to predict, one of those guys goes to the Phillies, one to the Yankees and one to the Padres.

Dark horses being Angels and Dodgers.

The Lost Boys of PSD

He was asked straight up what his pitch to Cole would be so that was his reply
    That makes sense then.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    If I had to predict, one of those guys goes to the Phillies, one to the Yankees and one to the Padres.

I can't imagine the Angels not coming away with 1 of Cole or Strasburg and the Yanks will probably take the other one. I imagine MadBum stays in the NL so he could hit. Supposedly AA is all in on him. I think it's either Braves or Phillies for MadBum.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I imagine MadBum stays in the NL so he could hit. Supposedly AA is all in on him. I think it's either Braves or Phillies for MadBum.
    Ya you're right I read that somewhere and forgot. I'd think Hamels may go back to Phillies.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post

He called him Gerrit. This is actually a good interview, Shapiro is direct and straightforward with his answers, refreshing.

Ya you're right I read that somewhere and forgot. I'd think Hamels may go back to Phillies.
    It makes sense. Try and win another ring with the Phillies and after all, he's still a good pitcher.

So signing a guy with a QO would mean losing the 40ish pick and the slot money for that pick around 1M and then lose 500,000$ for international bonus pool money.

Really not a huge deal if the right guy comes along but I can see try to avoid this as a team still building and gathering assets.

I agree would even add Boston and Brewers to the dark horses

So signing a guy with a QO would mean losing the 40ish pick and the slot money for that pick around 1M and then lose 500,000$ for international bonus pool money.

Really not a huge deal if the right guy comes along but I can see try to avoid this as a team still building and gathering assets.
    I believe it would be pick 45. I doubt they do it though, seems to go against their plan.

Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast